Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Karen Ristevski was buried in Williamstown, understood to be the same suburb where her husband Borce proposed to her in the 1980s

Mourners were told of her long relationship with Mr Ristevski - having met at a party age 16, married (late 80's), had a daughter Sarah (1996) and ran a business together (since when? :dunno:)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Ristevski-Borce-s-romance.html#ixzz4lyzsswDO

She attended Deer Park High School in Victoria, worked at a law firm and later started her own boutique fashion business, Bella Bleu,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...um-Karen-Ristevski-funeral.html#ixzz4lzrQNWqV

If the application for the will was approved in May 2016, can it have been paid in 2015?

I agree with this!

"I believe the tangled web of business ventures could've slowed this case and there's so much the police have to sift through and interviews. Our cops could be making enquiries overseas as well."

Much confusion surrounding the inheritance.

Mrs Ristevski and her brother, who has asked not to be identified, were beneficiaries of her father’s will, after he died in December 2014, leaving the pair as the only people to benefit from the estate.
An application for the will was approved by the Victorian Supreme Court in May last year, but it is not clear when Mrs Ristevski received her share. Sources close to the family believe proceeds were distributed early this year but lawyer George James Bouhalis, who has long acted for Mrs Ristevski and her husband Borce, said the money was paid before the end of 2015.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...r/news-story/7f5c933be3f59217befcaa7328528c0d

Who do you believe the source close to the family or the long time family lawyer?

Wasn't it approved May 2015?

Sorry I couldn't click on the news link and have now realised when it says "approved in May last year" I assumed it meant 2016. I'm guessing the news article was written in 2016 so that would mean it meant May 2015. Sorry for the confusion

I wouldn't characterise Karen as an unwilling participant of the men's business practices. It appears she was fully invested in Bella Bleu, it was Borce off driving an Uber while Karen was in local papers, donating to a high profile charity and traveling oversea very regularly.

They've been hustling as a couple for decades, what went wrong?

Associates seemed to have a terrible 2013, as did the Ristevski's, including Vasko. Did the inheritance buy a little time?

Are you saying that Karen was involved in some sort of shady business deals? If so, do you have a link for it - it's just that I don't remember reading anything about that. IMO

Too many fingers in too many pies? :bricks: :thinking:

Are you saying that Karen was involved in some sort of shady business deals? If so, do you have a link for it - it's just that I don't remember reading anything about that. IMO

No, I was responding to commentary that Karen was passive in the business ventures, unwilling - by hustling I meant creating businesses, debt, and the subsequent failures. I don't think there is any evidence she wasn't a willing participant.

It is reported Borce borrowed money from a "notorious loan shark". There is evidence VR was in business with the loan shark's ex-business partner. Is a loan from a loan shark a shady business deal? I don't think it is illegal to borrow money in a private arrangement. It is illegal to launder money.

No, I was responding to commentary that Karen was passive in the business ventures, unwilling - by hustling I meant creating businesses, debt, and the subsequent failures. I don't think there is any evidence she wasn't a willing participant.

It is reported Borce borrowed money from a "notorious loan shark". There is evidence VR was in business with the loan shark's ex-business partner. Is a loan from a loan shark a shady business deal? I don't think it is illegal to borrow money in a private arrangement. It is illegal to launder money.

I just want to add that there may be more than one notorious loan shark (I have no idea, I ain't no loan shark expert lol) and it is very possible there are not the links I am guessing. But it was reported Borce had loans from a loan shark.

This may be common knowledge, but not to me.

When was the last time that Sarah saw her mother?

I don't think we've ever had a definitive answer on that. Steve Richardson did a post on it with times, if you look back, but it proved to be unsubstantiated rumour he'd read and couldn't recall where, from FB as it turned out.

The first we know is she was text Karen's friend on 30/6/16 asking "have you seen my mum?"

https://www.google.co.nz/amp/www.da...text-sent-Karen-Ristevski-s-went-missing.html

I don't think we've ever had a definitive answer on that. Steve Richardson did a post on it with times, if you look back, but it proved to be unsubstantiated rumour he'd read and couldn't recall where, from FB as it turned out.

The first we know is she was text Karen's friend on 30/6/16 asking "have you seen my mum?"

https://www.google.co.nz/amp/www.da...text-sent-Karen-Ristevski-s-went-missing.html

I would like to hear Sarah's opinion of what she thinks happened to her mum. Her mum goes for a walk at 10am and is never seen alive again? Someone abducted her in broad daylight, murdered her and dumped her body? I wouldn't like to be that girl, but at some time she has to face reality and the odds.

I have always found it strange that Sarah was 'devastated' when her mum was missing for such a short while. What caused her to be 'devastated'?

I really would like to know the answer to that as well.
I cannot even work out if Sarah is saying she witnessed her mother going ballistic or whether that is what she is saying her father told her had ocurred.

I would like to hear Sarah's opinion of what she thinks happened to her mum. Her mum goes for a walk at 10am and is never seen alive again? Someone abducted her in broad daylight, murdered her and dumped her body? I wouldn't like to be that girl, but at some time she has to face reality and the odds.

I have always found it strange that Sarah was 'devastated' when her mum was missing for such a short while. What caused her to be 'devastated'?

You and me both! I've spent a lot of thinking time trying to work out what it must be like to be Sarah. So many of us have tried to get into her head. The conclusion I've reached is we just don't know enough to judge.

You and me both! I've spent a lot of thinking time trying to work out what it must be like to be Sarah. So many of us have tried to get into her head. The conclusion I've reached is we just don't know enough to judge.

The most charming men that I have ever met in the world were gamblers, risk takers, but kept people on side who were useful and that was as far as it went. Useful to them.

Loan shark definition:-

A loan shark is a person or body who lends money without the correct authorisation from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). ... The term usually refers to illegal activity, but may also refer to predatory lending with extremely high interest rates such as payday or title loans.

[h=2]
Title Loans
. [/h]A short-term loan in which you use your car as collateral. If you can't pay the loan, the car gets taken away.
Title loans are fast and easy, but they come with really high interest rates.

Loan shark definition:-

A loan shark is a person or body who lends money without the correct authorisation from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). ... The term usually refers to illegal activity, but may also refer to predatory lending with extremely high interest rates such as payday or title loans.

[h=2]
Title Loans
. [/h]A short-term loan in which you use your car as collateral. If you can't pay the loan, the car gets taken away.
Title loans are fast and easy, but they come with really high interest rates.

And another definition is big ba!@&?d [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has it ever been stated when Borce started working for Uber?
I remember he received a request to work for Uber on the day Karen disappeared but he was unable to confirm whether he accepted the job...It appears that he can't remember a lot of things when it suits him.

Vasko also repeated rant's comments that the marriage was in trouble and that Karen planned to leave Borce when Sarah turned 21...He also said that he put the rumours to Borce but he said Karen's not here to answer them.

Sarah severed contact with detectives in protest of her father's alleged treatment as "prime suspect".
Sarah has also been dogged by rumours that she and her mother were not getting on in the weeks before she went missing...I wonder why as it's been stated that they had a very close relationship. What happened?
Borce resorted to borrowing cash from a notorius Melbourne loan shark on at least two occasions. Has the loan shark been paid in full yet or is that another unpaid debt.

I am really surprised that the marriage lasted as long as it did...all about keeping up appearances?...MOO

Has it ever been stated when Borce started working for Uber?
I remember he received a request to work for Uber on the day Karen disappeared but he was unable to confirm whether he accepted the job...It appears that he can't remember a lot of things when it suits him.

Vasko also repeated rant's comments that the marriage was in trouble and that Karen planned to leave Borce when Sarah turned 21...He also said that he put the rumours to Borce but he said Karen's not here to answer them.

Sarah severed contact with detectives in protest of her father's alleged treatment as "prime suspect".
Sarah has also been dogged by rumours that she and her mother were not getting on in the weeks before she went missing...I wonder why as it's been stated that they had a very close relationship. What happened?
Borce resorted to borrowing cash from a notorius Melbourne loan shark on at least two occasions. Has the loan shark been paid in full yet or is that another unpaid debt.

I am really surprised that the marriage lasted as long as it did...all about keeping up appearances?...MOO
I think it was Uber was unable to confirm whether Borce accepted the job. Borce originally said he'd been home all day. As far as we know he's only modified that by admitting to the trip in the late morning.

I wonder about the "closeness". We've heard about frequent--daily?--phone contact; not much else to back that up. Daily telephone contact between a woman in her early twenties and her mother might be a fairly volatile kind of closeness. I would have found it very agitating at that age if my mother had been phoning me every day.

I'm not suggesting SR killed her mother. I think she might have been feeling guilty though when Karen disappeared. Either thinking she'd caused the disappearance or because she'd kind of wished for it. That might also lead her to identify with her father if she later thought he was responsible.

And another definition is big ba!@&?d [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too funny! This BB sounds like such a honey and so creative too. Fancy handing out a multiple choice punishment! I'd not like to be in BR's shoes owing money to somebody like him. Could the couple have argued about using the inheritance money to pay back the loan or even that money in Karen's purse that BR knew the exact amount of, if things were getting desperate? JMO

http://newsstore.smh.com.au/apps/vi...&cls=472&clsPage=1&docID=SAG130908I851719699N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AloftLament