Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, maybe still just one anonymous Crimestoppers report though. That had to be traced till it eventually led back to one witness, who then could lead them to the other. :dunno:

My question is what was so significant about a merc facing the wrong direction and a bloke standing near the car, that would prompt someone to call crimestoppers, with someone else's information?
That would be just hearsay wouldn't it?

Did the caller have their own info to report and thought they would also mention what they had been told by this other person? Or was the call only in regard to the other person's info?

Hope that makes sense.

I suggested that earlier South Aussie as it occurred to me too, but why draw attention to yourself like that, when it's the last thing you would be wanting to do?

Only another 1.5 km and your in the bush.

My question is what was so significant about a merc facing the wrong direction and a bloke standing near the car, that would prompt someone to call crimestoppers, with someone else's information?

Did the caller have their own info to report and thought they would also mention what they had been told by this other person? Or was the call only in regard to the other person's info?

Hope that makes sense.

Yes, I see what you're saying. It would have given credibility to their information.

Hope that makes sense.
One would think there must have been something moderately strange about the sighting for it to be even remembered but it didn't need to be the strangeness that prompted the call to CS. I suspect by the time of the call, the witness knew of the Ristevski car and was able to think, that looks like the car I saw at Childers Rd that day. After all, BR was always a suspect, and up the Calder a strong possibility for the location of Karen's remains as far as WS was concerned. So it was a combination of things that would have prompted the CS call. (My opinion only.)

There was a beautiful rainbow over Melbourne this afternoon.
This inspired me to think, good news is ahead: an arrest regarding KR.

A month ago.

It will be a strong piece of evidence implicating him if any of the drivers of the vehicles snapped on the CCTV footage near the time the Mercedes was filmed recognise their vehicles and come forward with details of seeing the Mercedes, its full or partial registration number or its driver at Diggers Rest.

It will be crucial evidence if publicity about the CCTV footage flushes out people who saw the Mercedes soon afterwards near where Ms Ristevski’s body was found at Mt Macedon — almost certainly crucial enough to see someone charged with murdering Ms Ristevski.

“Detectives are keen to speak with anyone, regardless of whether they have spoken to police in the past about such sightings, to ensure that no stone is left unturned.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...y/news-story/029696b6c0c93c5fb8777340863339f3

A month ago.

It will be a strong piece of evidence implicating him if any of the drivers of the vehicles snapped on the CCTV footage near the time the Mercedes was filmed recognise their vehicles and come forward with details of seeing the Mercedes, its full or partial registration number or its driver at Diggers Rest.

It will be crucial evidence if publicity about the CCTV footage flushes out people who saw the Mercedes soon afterwards near where Ms Ristevski’s body was found at Mt Macedon — almost certainly crucial enough to see someone charged with murdering Ms Ristevski.

“Detectives are keen to speak with anyone, regardless of whether they have spoken to police in the past about such sightings, to ensure that no stone is left unturned.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...y/news-story/029696b6c0c93c5fb8777340863339f3

Nice Soso - it looks like this is what they were trying to flush out.

GD9THQAR.2-0.jpg
https://thewest.com.au/news/austral...m-karen-ristevski-found-in-bush-ng-b88394013z

8287802-3x2-700x467.jpg

https://thewest.com.au/news/crime/remains-revive-karen-ristevski-mystery-ng-s-1679066

3D70065500000578-4241016-image-a-63_1487566612095.jpg

3D6FD62D00000578-4241016-image-a-49_1487564433010.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ody-Karen-Ristevski-Mt-Macedon-Melbourne.html

Can anyone explain why it's inconceivable that the merc drove down the dirt track? Nearly all the vehicles in the pics shown are not 4wds. I understand that it's pretty stupid to drive a sporty car off road but desperate times calls for desperate measures unless, it had been raining which I don't remember that being the case. It would be a stand out though seeing someone driving extremely slowly along the dirt track in an expensive sports car.
BR could have taken the merc to a car wash, I think TGY or Sth Aussie brought that up a little awhile ago.

Nice Soso - it looks like this is what they were trying to flush out.

Not long now.

From that same article.
Det-Insp Day said he wasn’t prepared to reveal Ms Ristevski’s cause of death or go into what Borce Ristevski has told police during interviews with detectives.
“I can’t go into that. There’s a lot of material in relation to the investigation that I won’t go into,” he said.

Leaving that for the prosecution.

Also a month ago.

“I’m hypothesising that (other drivers in the area) could’ve seen something unusual. Karen’s car – which is a a black SLK Mercedes coupe – in my layman’s view is very, very similar to what we see in the footage,” Insp. Day said.

Insp. Day also revealed her husband Borce Ristevski “remains a suspect” in the year-long investigation, adding Mr Ristevski had not been shown the vision and was likely only viewing it today.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...o-killer/ar-BBCJGeQ?li=AAgfIYZ&p=DevEx,5027.1

Not a bad hypothesis TD.:)

Not long now.

From that same article.
Det-Insp Day said he wasn’t prepared to reveal Ms Ristevski’s cause of death or go into what Borce Ristevski has told police during interviews with detectives.
“I can’t go into that. There’s a lot of material in relation to the investigation that I won’t go into,” he said.

Leaving that for the prosecution.

Hopefully this last piece of evidence is what they were waiting for to make a strong case.

Hope that makes sense.

As the Car hadn't really been brought up in those early days ......Could it be someone reported seeing "Borce" in the area way back then .....after seeing his image in the media.... and that was what was significant.

As the Car hadn't really been brought up in those early days ......Could it be someone reported seeing "Borce" in the area way back then .....after seeing his image in the media.... and that was what was significant.

How good would that be if it is the case! You would think that info would have gone straight through the right channels though. It's pretty important!

I wonder if he was 'relieving himself', and that was why it was so noticeable, particularly in that area of pricey homes, day-trippers, families, and such. Nature may have been calling, especially if he was very nervous, so he felt he had to pull over .. then and there.

Maybe pulling over on the wrong side of the road gave him more coverage, he thought.

In that area I feel like loitering & pacing around would be more conspicuous than a quick wee. This is what I imagine was happening for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless this witness can positively identify BR or VR then I guess the police will have eliminate all Mercs in that area that day. That should be an easier task now they know all the Mercs in Victoria barr 20.

It looks like the current search area is close to the Mount Macedon golf course. I wonder if the Ristevski's played golf.If so it might be a reason that BR was familiar with the area.
It certainly looks like a lovely area and one that might have private cctv cameras on some of the properties.

JOURNO: "Was the witness walking past or driving past (the car)?"
TIM DAY: "I can't go into that."

Maybe a jogger/walker that 'the man' made a comment to. Maybe the jogger/walker went home and told their parents/their husband/their wife about the comment.

https://www.triplem.com.au/news/nat...-breakthrough?station=sydney&geoRedirect=true

Yeah, wrong side of the road, or in an awkward position, someone might have stopped to ask if he needed a hand because he looked broken down. If you then saw that guy in the news within the week, you might remember him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theresalwayssomething