Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is what was so significant about a merc facing the wrong direction and a bloke standing near the car, that would prompt someone to call crimestoppers, with someone else's information?
That would be just hearsay wouldn't it?

Did the caller have their own info to report and thought they would also mention what they had been told by this other person? Or was the call only in regard to the other person's info?

Hope that makes sense.

It would make sense to call CS if Karen's car was well known to the viewer AND a stranger (not Borce) was standing besides this car parking on the wrong side of a road where Karen was supposed to be hidden possibly. IMO

It would make sense to call CS if Karen's car was well known to the viewer AND a stranger (not Borce) was standing besides this car parking on the wrong side of a road where Karen was supposed to be hidden possibly. IMO

That's an interesting thought. Haven't gone down this route in my mind, but interesting to pose a different scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What, if the murder happened the evening before, not at home but in the store? To have an argument over "Sales or not Sales" may have occurred there where they (Karen, Borce, Sarah) would have had to change the price tags. One doesn't work at home on that but at the store. - Borce's story about the evening/argument/time/place/next morning must not be true.

Now I have to leave here, my laptop is always overheating on this special thread. :tantrum:

Yeah, wrong side of the road, or in an awkward position, someone might have stopped to ask if he needed a hand because he looked broken down. If you then saw that guy in the news within the week, you might remember him!

On the wrong side of the road would've given him clear access to the grass without walking on the road then around the car. Say if he was sitting in the drivers seat with door open with head in hands crying or pacing & hyperventilating. He could have been vomiting....even a murderous husband must feel some kind of sadness, maybe.

i don't understand why he had to stop unless it was urgent.

A Merc in this area is not uncommon at all. Some of the houses further up the hill are worth 5 - 15 million. I see Mercs around here all the time.... (although not exactly matching Karens...)
So seeing a Merc in normal circumstances - I doubt anyone would notice it however - there must have been something odd about this particular Merc that 'Dean' saw. So I am thinking - wrong side of the road / pointing the wrong direction etc... There must be some reason as to someone noticed it and made a mental note of it resulting in a report.

I can't wait till the book eventually comes out.....
So many questions to be answered

Agree with you Cads. I'm also familiar with the area. My comment was more about the wrong way the Merc was parked, drawing attention. Fully acknowledge there may be several late model cars in the area, but this Merc, parked the wrong way would definitely get my attention.

Unless this witness can positively identify BR or VR then I guess the police will have eliminate all Mercs in that area that day. That should be an easier task now they know all the Mercs in Victoria barr 20.

TGY.
In one of yesterdays broadcasts, I think it was stated, now less than 20 Mercs to check....hope my memory is fine.
You may have just given a 'round figure: so ignore if that is the case.

attachment.php

https://thewest.com.au/news/austral...m-karen-ristevski-found-in-bush-ng-b88394013z

attachment.php

https://thewest.com.au/news/crime/remains-revive-karen-ristevski-mystery-ng-s-1679066

attachment.php

attachment.php

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ody-Karen-Ristevski-Mt-Macedon-Melbourne.html

Can anyone explain why it's inconceivable that the merc drove down the dirt track? Nearly all the vehicles in the pics shown are not 4wds. I understand that it's pretty stupid to drive a sporty car off road but desperate times calls for desperate measures unless, it had been raining which I don't remember that being the case. It would be a stand out though seeing someone driving extremely slowly along the dirt track in an expensive sports car.
BR could have taken the merc to a car wash, I think TGY or Sth Aussie brought that up a little awhile ago.

I totally agree Prime if a sedan could do it then that Merc could.

Getting the car washed might have been dicey because of CCTV.

Maybe the knucklehead is itching to tell the police 'but occifer I didn't stop there'.
The stupidity wouldn't surprise me.

Attachments

• IMG_1689.JPG
    IMG_1689.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 27
A witness saw the car in Mt Macedon in the last week of June.
That witness articulated what they saw to someone....when?
That someone called crimestoppers and repeated what the witness had told them ...when?
Karens body found 20 feb 2017 - 5 months.
Police have in the last week been able to identify and track down the witness.
Did the witness come forward after the appeals or did police have to locate them?

This timeline up until the 27th August 2016

Timeline.jpg

27th August being the day Dean called crimestoppers.
I am just wondering why Dean called crimestoppers about a truck being bogged up at Mount Macedon.
When it had just been released that phones had pinged up the Calder to Diggers and Gisborne.
Had police even extended the search up that way at that point?

Dean then went to the crime site when Karen was found, 5 months ago and spoke to LE.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...e/news-story/c0c30a0e5cb3c40bfcff881cab6515f3
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/k...big-clue-for-five-months-20170713-gxadsf.html
http://www.news.com.au/news/mystery...t/news-story/f88756de58fb638dab11ce6f9106997f

Maybe Dean was the person that reported what he had been told and what he had seen.:dunno:

I have to say, I don't know exactly how much CCTV was considered by the perp. He was caught on CCTV all over the place, in a very recognisable vehicle. belonging to a woman who had gone for a walk ... in a vehicle that then was garaged back at the woman's home, after it had been recorded in multiple places while she was on her walk.

I have no doubt that mistakes are made and in some instances there is a lack of communication. Just look at the mistake that was announced in the Maria James case yesterday. As you say they are only human.

I just don't think that there was any lack of communication in this instance. The car was sighted and it doesn't seem to have been reported to Police at the time. Even if it was reported, the car wasn't missing and initially it wasn't even stated what car Karen owned or drove.

In addition, I doubt each Police officer has access to every single CS report each and every day, it would take some sort of genius to link these reports together in moments, even days. This is another reason why investigations take time, information has to be linked to each case from many many sources.

Recently had a newbie Police Officer stay with us. Paperwork within Victoria is OVER and ABOVE. Apparently they do have access to CS, impossible to join the links Sleep. From the get go, LE have focused like a dog with a bone......and aint letting go anytime soon. Loose ends will be tied up soon hopefully.

Maybe the knucklehead is itching to tell the police 'but occifer I didn't stop there'.
The stupidity wouldn't surprise me.
Your fast with your come backs and great pics.
Hope not directed at my last comment.

Sorry, if you took it so.

I am positive tgy is speaking about Borce, tmar. Not directed at you at all, in any way.

And you are correct that Tim Day indicated, in the presser, that it was less than 20 vehicles that required sourcing, and that he wasn't going to go into that any more ... in other words, not revealing if they had located them all or not.

It was interesting to hear that they had many, many calls about the cars on CCTV at Diggers Rest Crossing. Hope they got a lot of help from those calls.

I have a theory about the reason for the delayed contact with the witness that saw the Mercedes on Childers Rd.
The car was reportedly seen parked close to the intersection of Childers rd and Mount Macedon rd. At number 1 Childers rd is a B&B called Tarn House (now permanently closed).
Is it possible that the witness was a guest at the B&B, reported what they saw to the owners and it was the owners that reported it to Crime stoppers?
If the B&B guest was from interstate or overseas it might have made it hard for the police to track them down IMO.

Centennial Park looks interesting place to search, it has captured my interest, near Childers Rd, on Mt Macedon Rd .... just a thought [emoji848]

Drive by today revealed no action at Oakley. One car in the drive at Rosamond. Nil media at both.

It was absolutely sodding at the time. 2016 was the wettest year for ages and Mount Macedon is high rainfall anyway. I remember I checked the Bureau data, I remember it being uber damp, I will have to re-check and go back all through my posts but I have a feeling there may even have been sleet and snow just prior. Living where I do, up a range, our long dirt road driveway goes from easy peasy in summer to 4x4 only in winter. Its possible a low slung coupe could, but it'd be quite a risk.

This is a Google Earth image from Nov 2016. What is that body of water at the corner of Childers & Mt Macedon Roads? And the long grey-roofed building behind it?

I am wondering if the witness saw a slumped down person in the car (Karen). And I am wondering if it was considered to dump Karen there, then he moved on as there was too much traffic or he knew he was seen by a witness or something.

I have been looking for the tree that Tim Day did his presser from. To see if we can pinpoint about where the car was seen.

I have to say, it is awfully pretty around there. Lovely scenery as I walk up and down Childers Road.

30vojrk.jpg

No not at all tmar! It was directed at BR with his stupid moves.
In fact it was great sleuthing because it jolted my memory of the conference where Tim Day confirmed strongly 'less than 20' which is good news.

:grouphug:

This is a Google Earth image from Nov 2016. What is that body of water at the corner of Childers & Mt Macedon Roads? And the long grey-roofed building behind it?

I am wondering if the witness saw a slumped down person in the car (Karen). And I am wondering if it was considered to dump Karen there, then he moved on as there was too much traffic or he knew he was seen by a witness or something.

I have been looking for the tree that Tim Day did his presser from. To see if we can pinpoint about where the car was seen.

30vojrk.jpg

I believe the property you are referring to is Tarn house. It has some landscaped lakes and ponds. There are some images of the property at 1 Childers rd online from an old realestate ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members