Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the thing about the horses, the arithmetic of 'owning racehorses' is somewhat deceptive, especially when the prize money is touted, without the corresponding debit balance.. a racehorse can eat it's head off in oats to the tune of hundreds of thousands, over it's running lifetime, which is quite short.

It has to be housed and looked after, the bi weekly visit of the vet, etc... it's a bit like yachting which has been described as standing under a cold shower ripping up $100 bills, even though the wind is free..

If ever there was a way to dispense money quickly and uselessly, horses is the way, and it has always stuck me as mighty odd that it was promoted as Karen being the one a bit dicey about money. Borce's little hobby, shared with Vlasko would have cost a bomb, and all without a papertrail.

Borce and Vlasko were fringe dwellers in the world of horse racing... it's a shady area, populated by mums and dads, and odd folk with disposable money from dodgy sources looking for a bit of a thrill. There is an element of social climbing in it, too, although once in, the perspective is lost as to one's 'rank'.. it's always lower than you thought!...

The very fact of them referring to themselves as racehorse owners is a huge red flag to me... .. it advertises oneself as not quite straight, and certainly not anywhere near smartish . They were/are strugglers... ... unnecessarily so, more an addiction than choice, .. searching for some entry to break into the big time.. or what passes as ' big time' for them..

A doctor that I worked for for many years was part of a six person syndicate that owned racehorses. He never went to the stables and on only a couple of occasions went to the races. He did not advertise the fact that he part owned them. He was a big gambler and the only phone calls that could be put through to him immediately were from his SP bookie.

So BR was allegedly in Diggers Rest. Does VR live in Diggers as well as AR?could it be that something happened to KR in Diggers- perhaps they went to Diggers together to confront someone ?

VR lives in Hoppers Crossing [emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else constantly refreshing websleuths & news feeds? Just waiting waiting waiting for some news? I feel there will be an arrest this week.

VR lives in Hoppers Crossing [emoji854]

Ah I see...totally forgot. Thank you 😊 so leaves one person in Diggers Rest then...
And in reply to your subsequent post... yes I have been refreshing! I hope something happens soon!☘

yes indeedy, but the thing about the share part,( all very shifty depending on the integrity of the accountant ) is that one 'owns' a hoof when it comes to a win, and 'owns' the entire horse minus the mane when it comes to costs, outgo, bills, bills, bills... its a well worn path to empty pockets, and even the poor damn horse doesn't die for free, the costs associated with that are horrendous.

And people like Borce and Vlasko were standout targets for those 'selling' what is euphemistically known as a 'stable'... multiple shares in multiple horses at various points around the state, some intestate, they would have been spotted a mile off..they have that look, the look that says, please accept me, bring me into your circle...

And of course, unlike wives and children , there is no tax write off for one's horse..... you suck it all up, peoples....... . I just love the description of Vlasko and his 'stud'.....!!

Yes exactly, I had a cold call from a Queensland based company trying to sell me shares in a race horse owing syndicate. I got this call not long after I received the call from the Nigerian Prince asking me to except 24 kg of gold for him but that's another story. This would definitely fall into their get rich quick schemes.

Anyone else constantly refreshing websleuths & news feeds? Just waiting waiting waiting for some news? I feel there will be an arrest this week.

I've got each of my TVs on a different news service waiting. Got to go out and buy another TV so I can have Sky News on it.

Glad you could decipher it timezone, I'm still putting it through my 'enigma' machine.
Definitely difficult to make any sense . However it seems that AR is implying lots of arguments and that KR had threatened to Leave BR with nothing. Reading between the lines. my take is that AR seems to suggest that BR was weak , did not stand up to Karen and would now be regretting it. He also suggests that BR man up and hand himself for the murder instead of hiding in shame. The remarks he makes concerning swapping a large house for prison cell also hint that the motive was financial.MOO

http://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/nightlife/rochelle-jackson-on-karen-ristevski/8729702

10 minutes chat about the case. Broadcast 20/07/2017
8:55 into the discussion
Vasko apparently has got a connection to the area where Karen's body was found.
He is a former trainer of a race horse and he has got a stud which was about 20 km from where the body was found.

Is this correct????

That's correct one of guys at work knows the family apparently they drained their dams to no avail.

Definitely difficult to make any sense . However it seems that AR is implying lots of arguments and that KR had threatened to Leave BR with nothing. Reading between the lines. my take is that AR seems to suggest that BR was weak , did not stand up to Karen and would now be regretting it. He also suggests that BR man up and hand himself for the murder instead of hiding in shame. The remarks he makes concerning swapping a large house for prison cell also hint that the motive was financial.MOO

It doesn't surprise me in the least that the motive would be hinted at as financial ..... now. For an avid WS reader such as him.

Gone is the 'dalliance with him' hinted-at motive because it was not believed and soon dropped away from garnering the attention (and $$) being sought.

Glad you could decipher it timezone, I'm still putting it through my 'enigma' machine.
Hee hee, LE have probably got a crack team of codebreakers working round the clock to decipher the posts 🤔

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Good work, timezone, sounds like you might be spot on there 🤔

Seriously, how much do we think he has anything credible to add to this story? It does not appear that the police have him as a star witness. They have 'talked to him', according to them.

He apparently had not lived with Borce and Karen for years. Apparently had so little contact that Sarah was not abashed to refer to herself as any only child. I doubt he was very across the day-to-day inner workings of the marriage ... especially more recently ... other than he was refused any more financial assistance (for rehab, according to him), likely because none of the previous assistance had any decent long-term affect at all.

I think he was in a similar position to the general public. Didn't know much about all the financial stuff until The Australian unearthed much of it. He certainly thought Borce and Karen had enough money to assist him through 'rehab' again.

Seriously, how much do we think he has anything credible to add to this story? It does not appear that the police have him as a star witness. They have 'talked to him', according to them.

He apparently had not lived with Borce and Karen for years. Apparently had so little contact that Sarah was not abashed to refer to herself as any only child. I doubt he was very across the day-to-day inner workings of the marriage ... especially more recently ... other than he was refused any more financial assistance (for rehab, according to him), likely because none of the previous assistance had any decent long-term affect at all.

I think he was in a similar position to the general public. Didn't know much about all the financial stuff until The Australian unearthed much of it. He certainly thought Borce and Karen had enough money to assist him through 'rehab' again.

Lets not forget his 14 month putaway that would have kept him even further out of the loop you would think.

Just wondering if AR was still in contact with CR over the years since he left the R home, he could have been a source of information re the goings on at the R household 🤔 .... just a thought

Lets not forget his 14 month putaway that would have kept him even further out of the loop you would think.

Yes. And not to mention any time he did spend in rehab, focussing on himself and not on Borce and Karen's marriage.
He doesn't even focus on his own children, for chrissakes, doesn't even see the impact things have on them. How is he going to notice the impact Borce had on Karen??

I think one of the only bits of truth is that Karen showed him more caring and support than he has ever felt. Acted like his best friend. And even that he misinterpreted, and turned it into something ugly. For his own attention-seeking benefit, and perhaps because Karen finally agreed to booting him out again .. giving up on him to stop the bad effect on her family. While she apparently still kept in touch and interacted with his children.

Just wondering if AR was still in contact with CR over the years since he left the R home, he could have been a source of information re the goings on at the R household �� .... just a thought

Well if he wasn't in contact with CR over the years since he left the home. That text asking about that $1300 something must have been very old.:)

Yes. And not to mention any time he did spend in rehab, focussing on himself and not on Borce and Karen's marriage.
He doesn't even focus on his own children, for chrissakes, doesn't even see the impact things have on them. How is he going to notice the impact Borce had on Karen??

I think one of the only bits of truth is that Karen showed him more caring and support than he has ever felt. Acted like his best friend. And even that he misinterpreted, and turned it into something ugly. For his own attention-seeking benefit, and perhaps because Karen finally agreed to booting him out again .. giving up on him to stop the bad effect on her family. While she apparently still kept in touch and interacted with his children.

Oh I believe that he had at least 5 mobiles SA.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member