Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we discussed this a long time ago. I don’t think BR was eligible to be granted bail as he was charged with murder and must not have met the ‘exceptional circumstances’ required, although I can’t seem to find what they are at the moment.

Bail Act 1977
No. 9008 of 1977

Part 2—Granting of bail and admission to bail

13 Court may grant bail

[...]

(2) Bail shall not be granted to a person charged with [...] murder unless—

[...]

(b) in the case of a person charged with murder—

(i) the Supreme Court;
(ii) a judge of the Supreme Court; or
(iii) the magistrate who commits the person for trial for murder—

is satisfied that exceptional circumstances exist which justify the making of such an order.’

http://www.legislation.vic.gov.au/domino/Web_Notes/LDMS/LTObject_Store/ltobjst9.nsf/DDE300B846EED9C7CA257616000A3571/73EB2B9784CCB551CA257EDD0007067B/$FILE/77-9008aa120 authorised.pdf

Maybe they saw the writing on the wall and didn’t apply or he couldn’t raise the funds. I remember thinking WTH why go in for so long while waiting trial. Where’s all his big time money friends when they’re needed. Huh Vasko, Kevin?

His lawyer Rob Stary indicated his client would be pleading not guilty. He made no application for bail and was remanded in custody to reappear on April 18.
Karen Ristevski’s husband charged with her murder

Maybe they saw the writing on the wall and didn’t apply or he couldn’t raise the funds. I remember thinking WTH why go in for so long while waiting trial. Where’s all his big time money friends when they’re needed. Huh Vasko, Kevin?

His lawyer Rob Stary indicated his client would be pleading not guilty. He made no application for bail and was remanded in custody to reappear on April 18.
Karen Ristevski’s husband charged with her murder

You might be right there, tgy. It does seem strange that his lawyer didn’t apply for bail. I’ll take a look tomorrow and see if I can find our previous discussion.

If it was down to money, you’d think his family and friends would stump up the funds, unless their wealth is all on paper too.

You might be right there, tgy. It does seem strange that his lawyer didn’t apply for bail. I’ll take a look tomorrow and see if I can find our previous discussion.

If it was down to money, you’d think his family and friends would stump up the funds, unless their wealth is all on paper too.

Or their financial friendships were exhausted.
Maybe they know something we don’t.

A scenario is playing out in my mind. She’s the volatile one. It’s Karen that loses it. Goes ballistic in fact.

It has been reported that Borce has a volatile personality. Something we have viewed ourselves, when Borce has been asked questions about his finances by MSM.

Detective Senior Constable Care also said in his statement that security guards at Watergardens told him that Mr Ristevski was difficult to deal with and described him as an angry man.
Borce Ristevski's alibi for day wife disappeared 'flimsy', aunt says

Whereas, it has been reported that Karen was kind and gentle.

.... and can’t understand why anyone would harm such a “kind, gentle soul”
She was that sort of person, that nice, kind, loving ....
Karen Ristevski: ‘She wouldn’t run away’

Does not mean that Karen would not have cause for anger, but it seems that she preferred to go for a walk or drive and calm down ... as reported by both Sarah and Borce.

It has been reported that Borce has a volatile personality. Something we have viewed ourselves, when Borce has been asked questions about his finances by MSM.

Detective Senior Constable Care also said in his statement that security guards at Watergardens told him that Mr Ristevski was difficult to deal with and described him as an angry man.
Borce Ristevski's alibi for day wife disappeared 'flimsy', aunt says

Whereas, it has been reported that Karen was kind and gentle.

.... and can’t understand why anyone would harm such a “kind, gentle soul”
She was that sort of person, that nice, kind, loving ....
Karen Ristevski: ‘She wouldn’t run away’

I think Karen would’ve needed the
patience of Job to deal with BR’s financial wheeling and dealing as well as his less than charming demeanour.

Last edited:
he didn't apply for bail, I'd say raising funds for bail might have been a bit beyond him with all the debts.

Also clarification regarding bella Bleu - wasn't it reported during the committal hearing that the store was doing okay until the $90000+ stock purchase and Karen's disappearance?

Sarah reported that the store was profitable.

But Sarah Ristevski said "Bella Bleu was turning over a profit".
'He was very worried': Karen Ristevski's daughter says family was 'very close'

Yes, I think that huge buy-in was harmful. And what a time to do the buy-in. Just 3 months before Karen was murdered. Trying to drive her to the brink of despair? Make the store look bad/unprofitable?
Sarah said early on that the argument on that fateful morning was because Borce was trying to make Karen slash prices in the store. Now, why would he do that if the store was profitable, and they had just purchased a lot of new clothes?

The man has told Seven News in Melbourne that he met Borce Ristevski through a mutual friend in March 2016, while the Melbourne man was on a trip to buy clothes for the boutique he and Karen owned.
He claims they were drinking together in South East Asia when Mr Ristevski said 'This looks like a good place to get rid of somebody.'
The 'Creepy' New Evidence In The Karen Ristevski Murder Case

Another thing to note, that while Borce was busy buying clothes for Bella Bleu in South East Asia, and commenting that it would be a good place to get rid of someone, Karen was stating this to her cousin .....

Ms Ristevski's cousin, Lisa Gray, told police Ms Ristevski said at a wedding in March 2016 she preferred her husband slept on the couch. This, Mr Fisher said, was a sign "all was not completely harmonious in their relationship"
Borce Ristevski's daughter questioned his movements, court hears

Sarah reported that the store was profitable.

But Sarah Ristevski said "Bella Bleu was turning over a profit".
'He was very worried': Karen Ristevski's daughter says family was 'very close'

Yes, I think that huge buy-in was harmful. And what a time to do the buy-in. Just 3 months before Karen was murdered. Trying to drive her to the brink of despair? Make the store look bad/unprofitable?
Sarah said early on that the argument on that fateful morning was because Borce was trying to make Karen slash prices in the store. Now, why would he do that if the store was profitable, and they had just purchased a lot of new clothes?

The man has told Seven News in Melbourne that he met Borce Ristevski through a mutual friend in March 2016, while the Melbourne man was on a trip to buy clothes for the boutique he and Karen owned.
He claims they were drinking together in South East Asia when Mr Ristevski said 'This looks like a good place to get rid of somebody.'
The 'Creepy' New Evidence In The Karen Ristevski Murder Case

Thanks for the info SA.
Up thread, I was considering, if BR bought clothes in March, ?? $90,000: then BR wanted a sale, and Karen said 'No'.
Could this have 'tipped the boat'?:eek:

Another thing to note, that while Borce was busy buying clothes for Bella Bleu in South East Asia, and commenting that it would be a good place to get rid of someone, Karen was stating this to her cousin .....

Ms Ristevski's cousin, Lisa Gray, told police Ms Ristevski said at a wedding in March 2016 she preferred her husband slept on the couch. This, Mr Fisher said, was a sign "all was not completely harmonious in their relationship"

So if BR was sleeping on the couch, in March 2016, Sarah's statements regarding her Dad, on the couch just after incident, indicated to me, BR was 'waiting on couch' as Karen was not yet home.
Also Sarah had stated, BR was on couch, due to Uber drives!!o_O
Nothing relating to Karen and BR not in same bed for ?? months.
Omissions continually perhaps, in numerous answers: as no fights etc o_O

Thanks for the info SA.
Up thread, I was considering, if BR bought clothes in March, ?? $90,000: then BR wanted a sale, and Karen said 'No'.
Could this have 'tipped the boat'?:eek:

My understanding (the links are way back in the threads) is that the store was already running a sale - likely of previous season stock, as per normal situations. Then Borce was suggesting that they slash prices much further.

And that is if Sarah's retelling of what she knew about the argument is the truth and/or accurate.

I don't think that Borce had much of a clue about how to earn enough to pay the clothing stock bills, and how to maintain a sense of class in a high-end clothing store.

$90000 Summer stock purchase, seems a large outlay. with a mark up of at least 50% they would have to average $1500 in sales 7 days a week for 3 months,

When did the customer hear Karen express frustration with Borce - days, weeks or months before her disappearance?

Between May 2015 and June 2016 Bella Bleu had serious cash flow problems.
At the time of Karen's disappearance Warrant Brands was making ends meet. Sales 371-724 and Expenses - 327,000.
The purchase of 92K stock IN the summer put them in the red.

Category: | Herald Sun
Borce Ristevski committal hearing told family was in ‘dire’ financial situation before Karen’s death

The purchase of apparel for the store in summer would be preparing for the autumn/winter, wouldn't it?

The Watergardens store did not closed around June 2017.

Karen Ristevski: Watergardens Bella Bleu shop closes | Daily Mail Online

Was this 92k purchase of stock before or after Karen had disappeared?

My understanding (the links are way back in the threads) is that the store was already running a sale - likely of previous season stock, as per normal situations. Then Borce was suggesting that they slash prices much further.

I don't think that Borce had much of a clue about how to earn enough to pay the clothing stock bills, and how to maintain a sense of class in a high-end clothing store.

Yes, you are correct SA. :)
Someone up thread, posted the sale sign: 'comeon' Sleuther, own up, so you can get the credit!:cool:
But their debt for clothing store, I think was over $320,000 when published.
Surely problems before March 2016, and Sarah's statement, that clothing store was profitable may be incorrecto_Oo_Oo_O

After my post, noticed Soso giving evidence, that Bella Blue were in strife for a year, prior to Karen's 'leaving'.
So Sarah is incorrect, again.
Unless Sarah had 'no idea': but working there, hearing discussions, this doesn't seem possible.
Like Sarah stating there were no arguments, yet neighbours, hearing 'shouting'!!!

Last edited:
When did the customer hear Karen express frustration with Borce - days, weeks or months before her disappearance?

Between May 2015 and June 2016 Bella Bleu had serious cash flow problems.
At the time of Karen's disappearance Warrant Brands was making ends meet. Sales 371-724 and Expenses - 327,000.
The purchase of 92K stock IN the summer put them in the red.

Category: | Herald Sun
Borce Ristevski committal hearing told family was in ‘dire’ financial situation before Karen’s death

The purchase of apparel for the store in summer would be preparing for the autumn/winter, wouldn't it?

The Watergardens store did not closed around June 2017.

Karen Ristevski: Watergardens Bella Bleu shop closes | Daily Mail Online

Was this 92k purchase of stock before or after Karen had disappeared?

Soso, yes, when was this large purchase made?
I initially thought, the large $90,000 stock purchase was prior to Karen 'leaving'.
But could it have been later: BR and his business transactions.:D
Would Envirovision profit from this, if 'after'?o_O
But BR did not go overseas after: guess that may not be required.
Who went overseas after? To purchase stock?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I wonder if the Envirovision account was to siphon funds so as to trick Karen into the thinking the shop was even less profitable than it was. Or even just to confuse her. I think Borce wanted to close the shop, maybe to stop debt accumulating, or maybe so Karen would go to work elsewhere and get (him) a decent return for her labour. Karen wanted to keep the shop and take on more risk--more stock.

Why sleep on the couch in a 5 bedder?
Sheets wash easier than a couch

Maybe the other 3 bedrooms were filled with unpaid bills, delinquent letters, negative bank statements, shishka pipes, and caveats?
rasta-smiley.gif

Maybe the other 3 bedrooms were filled with unpaid bills, delinquent letters, negative bank statements, shishka pipes, and caveats?
rasta-smiley.gif

If there’s a spare bed - use it.
It my pet hate if someone is too lazy to go to bed.
It’s gross stinking up a couch especially without washable covers.

I was wondering that too. Perhaps the couch was in the 'power position' where he could monitor everyone coming and going but escape questions about his own activities. Or perhaps he was marking his non-consent to ejection from Karen's bedroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam