Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

First article of the day opened for me, so I can read it :D Here are some copy-and-paste snippets from the above article in case others can't open it.

ANDREA HAMBLIN, Herald Sun
February 23, 2017 8:00pm
Subscriber only

The Herald Sun can reveal Vasko Ristevski owned a racehorse whose former trainer’s stud is at Toolern Vale — on the road targeted by detectives and sniffer dogs during the investigation.

The Herald Sun can also confirm that tracking devices were fitted by police to two vehicles used by Mr Ristevski in the months after his wife disappeared.

Vasko Ristevski, the older brother of Borce Ristevski, part-owned Faltastic, a gelding trained by Mark Kavanagh before its retirement.

Mr Kavanagh’s stud on Blackhill Rd borders the properties where police drained dams during a two-day search in December.

Vasko Ristevski and other family members were also part-owner in a number of other racehorses, including Dandino which earned $1.9 million in prize money prior to retirement.

Macedon resident Dean told police that in the days after Ms Ristevski disappeared, he saw two strange men matching the description of Borce and Vasko Ristevksi bogged in a small white truck on Salisbury Rd — about 200m from where the body was found.

“From their appearance I knew they were from Serbia, Macedonia, the Balkans. They certainly had an accent,” Dean said.

“I thought it was rather strange ... you’d go down there in a 4WD, you wouldn’t go down there in a car and you certainly wouldn’t go down in a truck.

“I had a conversation with one of them..(he) had that half-shaved, goatee sort of look.”

Dean said he spent “sleepless nights” wondering if it was connected to the Ristevski case and phoned Crime Stoppers on August 27.

The local dad and businessman also reported seeing bags of concrete and lime.

Also in July, News photographer Jay Town was walking in bush on the side of Loch Rd, about 40m from where the body would be found, when he came across empty bottles of industrial strength fertiliser.

Feeling uneasy, he phoned police then, and spoke to detectives this week.

Another man has told police he saw a stranger emerge from the bush carrying a shovel.

Police had honed in on the Gisborne area after Borce and Karen Ristevski’s phones were tracked to that region on June 29 — the day Ms Ristevski disappeared.

As with all murder investigations, police had been looking at locations which could be linked to the family or the person responsible for her death.

First article of the day opened for me, so I can read it :D Here are some copy-and-paste snippets from the above article in case others can't open it.

ANDREA HAMBLIN, Herald Sun
February 23, 2017 8:00pm
Subscriber only

The Herald Sun can reveal Vasko Ristevski owned a racehorse whose former trainer’s stud is at Toolern Vale — on the road targeted by detectives and sniffer dogs during the investigation.

The Herald Sun can also confirm that tracking devices were fitted by police to two vehicles used by Mr Ristevski in the months after his wife disappeared.

Vasko Ristevski, the older brother of Borce Ristevski, part-owned Faltastic, a gelding trained by Mark Kavanagh before its retirement.

Mr Kavanagh’s stud on Blackhill Rd borders the properties where police drained dams during a two-day search in December.

Vasko Ristevski and other family members were also part-owner in a number of other racehorses, including Dandino which earned $1.9 million in prize money prior to retirement.

Macedon resident Dean told police that in the days after Ms Ristevski disappeared, he saw two strange men matching the description of Borce and Vasko Ristevksi bogged in a small white truck on Salisbury Rd — about 200m from where the body was found.

“From their appearance I knew they were from Serbia, Macedonia, the Balkans. They certainly had an accent,” Dean said.

“I thought it was rather strange ... you’d go down there in a 4WD, you wouldn’t go down there in a car and you certainly wouldn’t go down in a truck.

“I had a conversation with one of them..(he) had that half-shaved, goatee sort of look.”

Dean said he spent “sleepless nights” wondering if it was connected to the Ristevski case and phoned Crime Stoppers on August 27.

The local dad and businessman also reported seeing bags of concrete and lime.

Also in July, News photographer Jay Town was walking in bush on the side of Loch Rd, about 40m from where the body would be found, when he came across empty bottles of industrial strength fertiliser.

Feeling uneasy, he phoned police then, and spoke to detectives this week.

Another man has told police he saw a stranger emerge from the bush carrying a shovel.

Police had honed in on the Gisborne area after Borce and Karen Ristevski’s phones were tracked to that region on June 29 — the day Ms Ristevski disappeared.

As with all murder investigations, police had been looking at locations which could be linked to the family or the person responsible for her death.

Bingo! Thank you Freddo.

For those who may go to North Korea: thought I would help them get acclimatized.

BBz2IoE.img

Glimpses of life inside the secret state of North Korea

A crowded tram in Pyongyang.
BBEuSW0.img

Housing in Pyongyang suburbs.
BBEv5yw.img

People gather around a duck enclosure in a zoo in Pyongyang.
BBzYTsG.img

The woman in the red coat in the duck photo looks absolutely terrified, like she's expecting it to jump out at her :D

Boyfriend to stand trial for murdering woman who was found in shallow grave near Scone
Giselle Wakatama
14 hrs ago
In a brief of evidence tendered in Newcastle Local Court on Wednesday ahead of trial, the prosecution has alleged Mr Newson tried to deflect blame from himself with "many false trails" with the intention of "misleading the police".
In the brief, the prosecution also noted Mr Newson's pleas for information at the time on social media as one of the alleged tactics.

"There was a gross and immediate public overreaction by the accused," he said. "(With) social media appeals and missing person posters."

The same prosecution brief alleges the co-accused James Anthony Cunneen, 27, helped dispose of Ms McBride's body.

Mr Cunneen had his murder charge dropped and was instead charged with being an accessory after the fact to murder.

I have added this article, where we can note perhaps several similarities.
But in this article, the following was not what BR tried.
"There was a gross and immediate public overreaction by the accused," he said. "(With) social media appeals and missing person posters."

Boyfriend to stand trial for murdering woman who was found in shallow grave near Scone
Giselle Wakatama
14 hrs ago
In a brief of evidence tendered in Newcastle Local Court on Wednesday ahead of trial, the prosecution has alleged Mr Newson tried to deflect blame from himself with "many false trails" with the intention of "misleading the police".
In the brief, the prosecution also noted Mr Newson's pleas for information at the time on social media as one of the alleged tactics.

The same prosecution brief alleges the co-accused James Anthony Cunneen, 27, helped dispose of Ms McBride's body.

Mr Cunneen had his murder charge dropped and was instead charged with being an accessory after the fact to murder.

I have added this article, where we can note perhaps several similarities.
But in this article, the following was not what BR tried.

Stabbing murder of Jennifer Borchardt

Peter Pavlis sentenced 17 years with 12 years minimum.

A DETERRENT TO MUDER? NO!

Honestly, if you can murder someone that you’re in, or have been in, an intimate relationship with and all that that entails, you should be locked up — and the key thrown away — for life.

Stabbing murder of Jennifer Borchardt

Peter Pavlis sentenced 17 years with 12 years minimum.

A DETERRENT TO MUDER? NO!

It seems that kind of sentence is one of the more common ones in Victoria.

I think I posted this graph before ... it shows that murder sentences over a 5 year period in Victoria were primarily in that kind of range.

10 murderers were given a 17 year sentence
13 got 18 years
9 got 19 years
21 got 20 years
Just 13 (of the total of 114 who were convicted of murder) received the maximum of life in prison.

And of course, they all - or most of them - would have been given a reduced minimum term in case they decided to be 'good' in prison.

140i3h1.jpg

https://www.sentencingcouncil.vic.gov.au/sites/default/files/publication-documents/Snapshot 171 Murder Higher Courts May 2015_0.pdf

Yes
Karen's phone
9:18 am - Maidstone area
10:43 - Keilor East Tower - before connecting to
11:40 - Gisborne Tower.
The car was parked the wrong way on Childers road before or around midday.
1:19 pm - attempted voice mail traced to Diggers/Sunbury area. (Cov Mo)

Borce had his phone disconnected from the network for 102 minutes.
But was on the road for at least 140 minutes 10:43am until 1:03pm.

Category: | Herald Sun
Ristevski latest: Borce and Karen’s phones ‘deactivated’ on day she went missing

I finally have been able to read this entire article, and I see that the police lost their bid to keep the details about the phone tracking methods suppressed. The magistrate said that there had been plenty of publicity about mobile phone tracking methods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum