Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This time line in the Baden-Clay case could be interesting during the Riveski Trial. I'm finding the parellels intriguing.

Timeline of Baden-Clay trial

Seems his lawyers do as well.

In outlining his argument, Mr Hallowes made reference to the murder of Allison Baden-Clay, the Queensland woman who was killed at the hands of her husband Gerard Baden-Clay.

The High Court in 2016 found the accused murdered his wife in 2012.

The 45-year-old was having an affair at the time of the murder. He was sentenced to life in prison.

Mr Hallowes argued Mr Ristevski’s case was different.

“In Baden-Clay, one of things they had was motive. The High Court was quite clear on the motive. He had the extramarital relationship. There was evidence that his wife and (his mistress) were going to meet shortly,” he said.

“There were lies told by Baden-Clay that were related to the motive.”

‘Yelling and screaming’ heard before Karen disappeared

multi-stars-smiley.gif

Great news

Common sense is prevailing. I guess the prosecution should be asking "If Borce didn't do it who did?" Simple answer isn't it really. They will be trying to argue on technical grounds about "the evidence" being circumstantial but it has seemed very obvious to most people from the beginning. GUILTY. Maybe Sarah will be seeing this now if she had not already, maybe a falling out about to happen.

Borce Ristevski has been committed to stand trial for murder over the death of his wife Karen and has formally pleaded not guilty.

Okay, so this means, BR is standing trial for Murder and Murder alone. Not Manslaughter, that cannot come in at a later date now. Is that what this means? They (the jury) cannot find BR guilty of manslaughter, because he is not standing trial for Manslaughter? If there is reasonable doubt, they have to vote "not guilty" of Murder? They cannot say, "not guilty" of Murder, but "guilty" of manslaughter? Am I on the right track?

Judge to hand down findings on Ristevski

Mr Ristevski, 54, stood with his hands clutched together in front of him in a black suit as he was asked to enter a formal plea.

“In relation to the charge of murder you may plead guilty or not guilty,” the magistrate told Mr Ristevski.

“Do you plead guilty or not guilty?”

“Not guilty,” Mr Ristevski said quietly, before sitting and looking in the direction of his lawyers.

Magistrate Cameron said she was satisfied there is “evidence of sufficient weight to support a charge of murder”.

“I am of the view it would be open to a jury properly instructed to find (you acted) with murderous intent.

“In this case the prosecution relies on alleged acts, commencing in a short time after the death or serious injury of Karen Ristevski ... including concealment of death, deactivation of mobile phones, delaying reporting the disappearance and significantly maintaining denial of any involvement in her disappearance or death.”

Mr Ristevski will appear in the Victorian Supreme Court on August 6 for a directions hearing.

Common sense is prevailing. I guess the prosecution should be asking "If Borce didn't do it who did?" Simple answer isn't it really. They will be trying to argue on technical grounds about "the evidence" being circumstantial but it has seemed very obvious to most people from the beginning. GUILTY. Maybe Sarah will be seeing this now if she had not already, maybe a falling out about to happen.

Occam's Razor Says the Simplest Explanation Is Usually the Right One.
Cops investigate inside the family and then work outwards.
1) Who was the last to see the victim.

Gerards sister, parents and every brown dog got up on the stand and completetly tore strips off Allison's integrity I see it happening but I hope Sarah, Vasko & Co. don't do the same.

Judge to hand down findings on Ristevski

Mr Ristevski, 54, stood with his hands clutched together in front of him in a black suit as he was asked to enter a formal plea.

“In relation to the charge of murder you may plead guilty or not guilty,” the magistrate told Mr Ristevski.

“Do you plead guilty or not guilty?”

“Not guilty,” Mr Ristevski said quietly, before sitting and looking in the direction of his lawyers.

Magistrate Cameron said she was satisfied there is “evidence of sufficient weight to support a charge of murder”.

“I am of the view it would be open to a jury properly instructed to find (you acted) with murderous intent.

“In this case the prosecution relies on alleged acts, commencing in a short time after the death or serious injury of Karen Ristevski ... including concealment of death, deactivation of mobile phones, delaying reporting the disappearance and significantly maintaining denial of any involvement in her disappearance or death.”

Mr Ristevski will appear in the Victorian Supreme Court on August 6 for a directions hearing.

I absorbed this Magistrate's reasoning......

I absorbed this Magistrate's reasoning......

Yep, in short, ‘incriminating conduct’.

(In ‘long’ ;):

4.6.1 - Bench Notes: Incriminating Conduct)

A directions hearing is a brief hearing in front of a judge or commissioner. It is a chance for the judge or commissioner to discuss the progress of the appeal and give 'directions' to the parties. Matters requiring a directions hearing. Items to bring to the directions hearing

Borce Ristevski to stand trial for wife Karen Ristevski's murder
30 mins ago

YIPPEE:):):):):):):):):):):)

BBLnF7c.img
© ABC News Borce Ristevski is accused of killing his wife Karen in June 2016. Borce Ristevski has been committed to stand trial for the murder of his wife Karen Ristevski.

Prosecutors allege the 54-year-old killed Ms Ristevski, 47, at their Avondale Heights home in Melbourne's west in June 2016.

Her body was found in February 2017 in bushland near Mount Macedon, north-west of Melbourne.

Mr Ristevski has always maintained his innocence, and today re-entered a plea of not guilty.

Defence lawyers had argued for the murder charge to be downgraded to manslaughter.

But Magistrate Suzanne Cameron said although the evidence was circumstantial, the prosecution had given sufficient evidence about Mr Ristevski's alleged behaviour after his wife's disappearance that showed there could be murderous intent.
"I must take the prosecution case at its highest," she said.

"Given the nature, extent and duration of the post-offence conduct, I'm of the view that it would be open to a jury to find that Mr Ristevski caused the death of Karen Ristevski and had murderous intent," she said.
The magistrate said it wasn't her job to take the role of the Supreme Court Justice who would be instructing the jury by downgrading the charge at this stage.

During the two-week committal hearing, the court heard evidence that the couple would fight often about their financial situation.

Their clothing business was in serious trouble at the time of Ms Ristevski's disappearance, and the couples' debts amounted to hundreds of thousands of dollars, the court heard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member