Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First we thought, the cash story had to do with the argument about finances.
Then we thought, it had to do with the repair of the fuel gauge.
Next was, it could have been a robbery, done to KR because of the $$.
Then we heard of Karen's duty to pay for some cc early in the morning.
Now we are thinking of the rental apartments at the trendy suburb.
$850 cash are good for all you can think of. Don't know, what BR wanted to imply exactly. He also probably don't know.
I think I may have been the only one thinking the money was intended for AR. If I recall correctly, he had rang KR 10 days earlier! I felt he was very much in the picture....where, I just couldn't pinpoint it, still can't.

I think I may have been the only one thinking the money was intended for AR. If I recall correctly, he had rang KR 10 days earlier! I felt he was very much in the picture....where, I just couldn't pinpoint it, still can't.

He followed the calls up with texts as well from memory.
Provided police with 5 mobile phone numbers that he had used in the prior 2 months so as his whereabouts could be checked. I wonder if one of those phones were able to track his day?

never posted before but have been following for a long time. Was looking forward to getting home from work fri night and reading up what happened at the hearing today and all your comments :D lol what a life. am I right in thinking there was no hearing today? Not much new info. My massive Friday night is ruined :(

never posted before but have been following for a long time. Was looking forward to getting home from work fri night and reading up what happened at the hearing today and all your comments :D lol what a life. am I right in thinking there was no hearing today? Not much new info. My massive Friday night is ruined :(

Welcome Curious.:):):)
Stay with us, with your ideas.
New thoughts are very much appreciated.
After first post, there will be many more, I hope.:):):)

He followed the calls up with texts as well from memory.
Provided police with 5 mobile phone numbers that he had used in the prior 2 months so as his whereabouts could be checked. I wonder if one of those phones were able to track his day?
We also heard he paid a visit to a chemist/pharmacy on the day KR disappeared? Something like that! Seems so long ago now. As another member said, so many twists and turns in this case, it's crazy!

Yes Curious, no hearing today.
So get ready to join us, now, for your thoughts and next week.

Welcome aboard, Curious82. Day 5 on Monday! Looking forward to seeing you post more! :D:D

That night, he and Sarah went to his parents' home for a planned dinner, and when they got home at 7.30pm Karen still wasn’t there. Sarah was crying, which made Borce anxious. He looked worried and said he was going to the garage to smoke some shisha tobacco.

Sarah got ready for bed, according to her statement, still wondering where her mum could be, as Borce drove Sarah's boyfriend home.

The next morning Sarah was a wreck. Borce said he didn’t know how long someone had to be missing before you report to police. After checking online and finding that a report can be made any time, they went to the local station.

Inside the Ristevski home in the hours after Karen disappeared
Totally doesn’t make sense. She got home 6-6:30pm?. Where was the boyfriend waiting before dinner- Ristevski house? Did he meet them at the grandparents? How’d he get there? Did he work that day? No way arriving there that early with transport if he cane from the eastern suburbs? Were his parents at the dinner? Drive to Maidstone is about 20min . Drive back to Avondale heights is another 20mins. A drive to the boyfriends house if he lives near his work place in wheelers hill is wayyyy over 30 mins plus the drive back? Not sure how they can fit in a dinner with all this driving and home by 7:30pm.
Either it’s been reported wrong or we’re hearing the inconsistencies from Borce and Sarah’s statements.

Totally doesn’t make sense. She got home 6-6:30pm?. Where was the boyfriend waiting before dinner- Ristevski house? Did he meet them at the grandparents? How’d he get there? Did he work that day? No way arriving there that early with transport if he cane from the eastern suburbs? Were his parents at the dinner? Drive to Maidstone is about 20min . Drive back to Avondale heights is another 20mins. A drive to the boyfriends house if he lives near his work place in wheelers hill is wayyyy over 30 mins plus the drive back? Not sure how they can fit in a dinner with all this driving and home by 7:30pm.
Either it’s been reported wrong or we’re hearing the inconsistencies from Borce and Sarah’s statements.

We're use to these 'inconsistencies'.
What's a few more :D: these reveal 'made up stories'.:):):)

What? How on earth did that Dinner even happen? Superman and Wonderwoman? I'm not buying it!!!
So the boyfriend and his parents would have had to provide statements confirming they were with Borce and Sarah the night that Karen went missing, as do borces parents? There’s no way they could convince them all to lie about being at the dinner and what time they arrived and left etc.

So the boyfriend and his parents would have had to provide statements confirming they were with Borce and Sarah the night that Karen went missing, as do borces parents? There’s no way they could convince them all to lie about being at the dinner and what time they arrived and left etc.
Exactly my thoughts too, Moreinfo! Surely all those who were supposedly at the dinner would have been spoken to by police! If there was a dinner, I can only conclude the times stated are wrong, they're way way off!

Last edited:
Based on the below even if there is no direct evidence how could he not be found guilty if considering all those story changes and lies as a whole

A case based on circumstantial evidence may be just as convincing and reliable as a case based upon direct evidence. This will depend upon the number and nature of the basic facts relied upon by the Crown when considered as a whole (not individually or in isolation). And it will depend upon whether all of the evidence leads to an unavoidable conclusion that the Crown has established the guilt of the accused. It is important that you approach a circumstantial case by considering and weighing, as a whole, all the facts you find established by the evidence. It is wrong to consider any particular fact in isolation and ask whether that fact proves the guilt of [the accused], or whether there is any explanation for that particular fact or circumstance which is inconsistent with [the accused’s] guilt.

Circumstantial evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member