Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any other locals ?..... My link is a map of places I could think of that I think searches for Karen should take place...

Based solely with the thinking cap.....If I murdered someone.....where would I go to hide that fact.
Yes, I'm a local, Puggle. I agree, those places on the map would be worth searching, indeed. There's also another possibility, could have left via boat ... reckon you could get down to the river without any cctv surveillance out the back of the property, make your way to Port Phillip Bay in no time at all in a speed boat or something. I know this as I once got over enthusiastic with my kayaking on the river and suddenly found myself in the Bay, made a very hasty retreat and headed back. Wonder if any associates or family members have a boat? :thinking:

Yes, I'm a local, Puggle. I agree, those places on the map would be worth searching, indeed. There's also another possibility, could have left via boat ... reckon you could get down to the river without any cctv surveillance out the back of the property, make your way to Port Phillip Bay in no time at all in a speed boat or something. I know this as I once got over enthusiastic with my kayaking on the river and suddenly found myself in the Bay, made a very hasty retreat and headed back. Wonder if any associates or family members have a boat? :thinking:

Yes, VR did/does(?) own a boat.

Article available on 7 day free trial:

Bringing Melburnians down to their river
Publication: The Age
Issue Date: Monday, February 7, 2000
Page: Page 29

'The sleek river boat is now proudly owned by Mr Lou Jovanovski and Mr Vasko Ristevski, partners in the Rivers Group.'

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/123604657/

Something I don't think's been mentioned is the proximity of Avondale Heights to Tullamarine (11km) and Essendon (8km) airports.

Lol for the energetic kayaking. ....

A boat could be used for sure....but under what circumstances/scenario?

That would be a planned event if that was the case, and Im having trouble fitting a planned event into what we know so far.

But others may have ideas....

Hi all. First time poster, long time reader even though only registered recently. What a fantastic site, full of information.

Extremely interested in this case for a number of reasons. I have friends who know Borce and Karen (separately) personally as well as myself having lived in the area for many years.

From what I've been told from those that know them
*It was a known fact that other Watergardens retailers knew the shop/business had been in trouble for some time. People had been talking about her and the store for quite a long time even before she became public knowledge. Not one person that I know, that knows her has said that she's anything but lovely and friendly all the time.
*Borce apparantly is a very soft spoken, wouldn't hurt a fly type of man. There has been talk that his brother was not on very good terms with BR due to the fact that he felt that KR wore the pants in the marriage and as an European man should have taken more of a stand in his life and marriage and that in their culture it is looked upon as being seen as less of a man to allow a woman to control their life/money etc etc
*KR was incredibly ocused on trying to build a celebrity clientel and be seen around the right type of people.
*All neighbours (even streets away) in the early part of when she went missing were door-knocked by her friends handing out posters, asking for info etc.

So that's all I can share from what I've been told.

My personal thoughts? I'm torn between thinking she's either done a runner (and could get into big trouble when found) OR that she's at the bottom of the river and because the temperature is so cold is right at the bottom of it. That river has been known to have everything from cars to other stuff right at the bottom of it (I think it gets emptied every few years from memory).
The fact that her daughter has really not said much is of concern also. So that line of enquiry surely has to come into play?

Thanks for posting Mella! You have said some things that gelled with my first impressions. I found the celebrity thing ... off, I am quite sensitive to people capitalising on a "tragedy" ... not that a charity for a breast cancer or have breast cancer is an automatic tragedy. Just having had the experience of what people can be like when a young person gets ill or dies, it can be an "in" that serves the person getting "in" more than the person getting got in on! It is gross. When I heard the nature of that relationship with Johnson's sister it pinged something for me.

Thanks for posting Mella! You have said some things that gelled with my first impressions. I found the celebrity thing ... off, I am quite sensitive to people capitalising on a "tragedy" ... not that a charity for a breast cancer or have breast cancer is an automatic tragedy. Just having had the experience of what people can be like when a young person gets ill or dies, it can be an "in" that serves the person getting "in" more than the person getting got in on! It is gross. When I heard the nature of that relationship with Johnson's sister it pinged something for me.

Oz ...as I read the first few lines....I noticed something different ....as you are normally cautious and considered.

*advertiser censored*

She may have been involved for the right reasons too?

Yes, VR did/does(?) own a boat.

Article available on 7 day free trial:

Bringing Melburnians down to their river
Publication: The Age
Issue Date: Monday, February 7, 2000
Page: Page 29

'The sleek river boat is now proudly owned by Mr Lou Jovanovski and Mr Vasko Ristevski, partners in the Rivers Group.'

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/123604657/

Not sure if they severed business ties Bo...

I can't link as its a PDF ..... but Lou's "fleet" of cruise boats all moved to QLD in July 2010 after 10 years of frustration of not being able to secure permanent berthing rights - only offered month by month contracts. Fleet included the Flagship "Rivers", Sapphire Explorer, Lady Linderman ......ohh another one but I forgot to write it down...

He had them berthed at the docklands.....probably close to the restaurant.

Search under "Lou sails into Gold Coast's loving embrace"

I see the possible underworld connections with Lou......as per his msm reported inciden/court case ....where that leads?

But the thought that people will do things in desperate times is worthy of consideration..

Oz ...as I read the first few lines....I noticed something different ....as you are normally cautious and considered.

*advertiser censored*

She may have been involved for the right reasons too?

Well I am not stating it as a certainty, of all the cases I follow along I feel like this is the one where all the possibilities are still on the table. If she is the worst of what's been suggested I am still invested in her safe return, no one deserves to meet a violent end

Who walks away from a heated argument?

The quietly spoken one or the go-getter?

Who fears the neighbours might hear, the quietly spoken one or the aggressor who stands their ground?

I'm thinking the quieter personality would walk away to keep the peace.
Just some thoughts.

Not sure if they severed business ties Bo...

I can't link as its a PDF ..... but Lou's "fleet" of cruise boats all moved to QLD in July 2010 after 10 years of frustration of not being able to secure permanent berthing rights - only offered month by month contracts. Fleet included the Flagship "Rivers", Sapphire Explorer, Lady Linderman ......ohh another one but I forgot to write it down...

He had them berthed at the docklands.....probably close to the restaurant.

Search under "Lou sails into Gold Coast's loving embrace"

I see the possible underworld connections with Lou......as per his msm reported inciden/court case ....where that leads?

But the thought that people will do things in desperate times is worthy of consideration..

Oh good heavens! Thanks for that info ...... Maribyrnong River leads to Docklands ..... the plot thickens!

*KR was incredibly ocused on trying to build a celebrity clientel and be seen around the right type of people.

Respectfully snipped by me, this stood out to me...what if this is all one big publicity stunt??? Maybe all publicity is good publicity...JMO
At first I thought for sure it was her husband in a GBC type incident...then the stepson throws his hat into the ring with an elaborate as yet unproven scandal, I would have thought after 6 weeks, some new developments would have come to light...the longer it gets, the more I believe this was planned by her...again JMO

Welcome Mella [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol for the energetic kayaking. ....

A boat could be used for sure....but under what circumstances/scenario?

That would be a planned event if that was the case, and Im having trouble fitting a planned event into what we know so far.

But others may have ideas....

All a bit James Bond !!!

I don't want to come across as snobby but broad meadows and Taylor's lakes are not exactly prime shopping spots. Particularly broad meadows ! More likely a place to go and buy your moccasins. The whole media spin on them living the life in there million dollar mansion, it's not an affluent area at all, McMansions are a dime a dozen in that area

Sorry osasure, that post was not meant to be in reply to yours !

Did the police check the area with cadaver dogs to see which way Karen went or for any traces of her DNA?
Those doggies could show where her DNA stopped (got into a car) dragged towards the river or simply where she walked.

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Another article posted from news website this afternoon. Not telling us anything that we don't already know (no paywall)
http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...s/news-story/d67fcc3bf307f0709e62ba873a2be005

Going back on the "celebrity" angle that a few people are started to go onto. I find a lot of normal people who have various types of businesses, try and get involved in charities involving celebrities for their own benefit. Because let's be honest here, if you have a shop at Watergardens or Broadmeadows you'll do anything you can to generate publicity to get people to come into your store...because most charities that have celeb ambassadors don't tend to shop in these areas ;) to even know about the store!

I hope Karen is alive and well but in saying that if she is she is going to have a big fat bill for all the resources ect that have gone into this

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Another article posted from news website this afternoon. Not telling us anything that we don't already know (no paywall)
http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...s/news-story/d67fcc3bf307f0709e62ba873a2be005

Going back on the "celebrity" angle that a few people are started to go onto. I find a lot of normal people who have various types of businesses, try and get involved in charities involving celebrities for their own benefit. Because let's be honest here, if you have a shop at Watergardens or Broadmeadows you'll do anything you can to generate publicity to get people to come into your store...because most charities that have celeb ambassadors don't tend to shop in these areas ;) to even know about the store!
Exactly, give me chadstone any day . What celeb would even thing of schlepping out the these suburbs ? To all that aren't familiar with Melbourne, unless your a local you would not go there.

I don't want to come across as snobby but broad meadows and Taylor's lakes are not exactly prime shopping spots. Particularly broad meadows ! More likely a place to go and buy your moccasins. The whole media spin on them living the life in there million dollar mansion, it's not an affluent area at all, McMansions are a dime a dozen in that area

I was wondering about the demographic of the shop locations, so I appreciate you stating this opinion.
Broadmeadows shop is closed now, so only Taylor's Lake remains open (I think).
Seems as though shaky business decisions may have been made for high-end shops in more middle class locales? .. possibly to keep shop rental expenses low.

I hope Karen is alive and well but in saying that if she is she is going to have a big fat bill for all the resources ect that have gone into this

It's not illegal to go missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member