Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a good question. Is there a life insurance policy? If a body isn't found, when would a life insurance policy pay out? And if BR is named an official suspect in his wife's disappearance in an active investment, I don't see him getting it....

We looked into this further back in the threads (links are there).
A person needs to apply to the courts for a declaration of death, apparently. This can be done at any point where they feel that there is enough evidence for a court to declare the death (such as disappearing during the tsunami in Bali a few years ago.)
Otherwise they have to wait for 7 years before a missing person is, for all 'business' intents and purposes, declared deceased.

This case has almost as many bizarre twists and turns as GBC.

Please don't let there be a roundabout.

Don't let there be life insurance!

On the eve of GBC's outcome, now that would be incredible parallels!

Pack a bag and make it a big one.

WELCOME to our new members Sez and Dalziel....:wagon: :welcome4: :welcome6:....Great to have you on board and thankyou for your valued input.....This case is becoming more interesting by the day....:tyou:

Thanks, it is good to see so many people that care about justice for Karen.

We looked into this further back in the threads (links are there).
A person needs to apply to the courts for a declaration of death, apparently. This can be done at any point where they feel that there is enough evidence for a court to declare the death (such as disappearing during the tsunami in Bali a few years ago.)
Otherwise they have to wait for 7 years before a missing person is, for all 'business' intents and purposes, declared deceased.

Thank you South Aussie :)

life insurance..... income insurance...... prepaid funeral with extra payout for accidental death..... business-owner insurance.... wife insurance (lol.. but srsly there's some kind of spousal insurance separate from life insurance proper).... I wonder how many insurance policies exist with which companies/trusts as beneficiaries.....

All my own personal rambling opinion as usual :cow

life insurance..... income insurance...... prepaid funeral with extra payout for accidental death..... business-owner insurance.... wife insurance (lol.. but srsly there's some kind of spousal insurance separate from life insurance proper).... I wonder how many insurance policies exist with which companies/trusts as beneficiaries.....

All my own personal rambling opinion as usual :cow

Yes, there is a spousal-type insurance you can buy where your mortgage is paid and your spouse retains the house, should you become deceased. This happened with one of my family members.

I'm not sure how many life insurance policy premiums they could afford to carry, but some kinds of insurance are required of business owners and home owners in order to borrow money.

Until the missing person is legally declared dead or some other legal avenue is effected regarding guardianship, the missing person is still the legal owner of his or her property and assets. That means the family cannot legally sell or dispose of it, or in some cases use it without possible adverse consequences.

https://www.missingpersons.gov.au/s...tions/OTHER/Missing People Report - study.pdf

Nothing is any good to him until Karen is declared dead - the insurance, the company, the house - nothing.

May not be relevant but there is Melton Airfield located at the intersection of Coburns Road and Diggers Rest - Coimadai Road. :thinking:

I think it's another porky Karen went to China tho.

Melton Airfield

Airport type Private
Operator E. Reeve
Location Melton, Victoria
Elevation AMSL 670 ft / 204 m
Coordinates 37°37′18″S 144°33′54″E

May not be relevant but there is Melton Airfield located at the intersection of Coburns Road and Diggers Rest - Coimadai Road. :thinking:

I think it's another porky Karen went to China tho.

Melton Airfield

Airport type Private
Operator E. Reeve
Location Melton, Victoria
Elevation AMSL 670 ft / 204 m
Coordinates 37°37′18″S 144°33′54″E

I actually took a few flying lessons out of Melton ....... your not going to get too far in a Cessna 152.

The inheritance may explain the house being transferred into Karen's name ?earlier this year. Borce took a cash payout in return for the equity. I wonder if he had to pay debts--and had since incurred more.

Hi Steve......Thankyou for confirming that Sarah is/was working and not a Uni student......If Sarah is still living at home, the relationship with her father must be becoming very strained.....terrible situation for her......MOO...:thinking:

The inheritance may explain the house being transferred into Karen's name ?earlier this year. Borce took a cash payout in return for the equity. I wonder if he had to pay debts--and had since incurred more.

I would find this strange if their Marriage was 'real'.

Why buy out your husbands share of the family home? Unless you were separated or preparing to.

I didn't realise that their home was only just transferred into her name this year. Have I missed that somewhere?
I thought it was that the caveat on the home was lodged earlier this year, and that the home has been in Karen's name for a lot longer (perhaps all along).

The Australian reports property records show a shopping centre lodged a caveat over the Ristevski family home earlier this year, believed to be due to unpaid rent.
http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...d/news-story/8158ea55ce8b910f29697cefdda00d76

Spontaneous thought. If I was AR I'd get myself into rehab and cleaned up quick smart ..... and maybe move to China too [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't realise that their home was only just transferred into her name this year. Have I missed that somewhere?
I thought it was that the caveat on the home was lodged earlier this year, and that the home has been in Karen's name for a lot longer (perhaps all along).

The Australian reports property records show a shopping centre lodged a caveat over the Ristevski family home earlier this year, believed to be due to unpaid rent.
http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...d/news-story/8158ea55ce8b910f29697cefdda00d76

Months earlier, Mr Ristevski had transferred the family home into Mrs Ristevski’s name only.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...t/news-story/7b0d23acfbce06c11b31e022a7b7161e

If BR was about to go bankrupt it makes sense he would transfer to Karen so they wouldn't lose the house.
From memory he has/had multiple businesses

Who's name was Bella Blu (karens shop I know I have spelt it wrong!) under?

Thanks Daninoz, sent my post seconds after yours[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads