Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Karen's mobile phone was reportedly tracked near Gisborne, 40km northwest of their home, while her husband's was tracked on the same highway, at Diggers Rest, about 20km northwest of the home.
It was also reported that BR's phone was switched off for about two hours that day
https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/32563091...mothers/#page1

It seems as if KR was put into her own car dead or alive. BR drove 20kms before he remembered to turn his phone off. He then drove another 20kms and cut Karen's phone off, then suffocated or strangled her outside the car (if she was not already dead and there is no evidence of there being a dead body in the car) then buried her body with that shovel they found. Then he drove back home. If his phone was off for 2 hours, then the time would sound about right (assuming that was the moment his phone was off for 2 hours) so maybe driving about 1 hour, then disposing of the body-

I find it very Interesting that the CCTV cameras at the family home were apparently NOT working the day of the disappearance which makes it sound premeditated plus he must have had the shovel ready in the car too. His going to ask neighbours if they had CCTV footage is very telling.

BBM if alive she must have been unconsious or totally unaware of what was going to happen, An alive and kicking unwilling passenger being driven so far isn't a likely scenario imo

I've also been thinking that digging a grave even a shallow one isn't an easy job, imo someone needing to dispose of a body quickly would be best to hide it in undergrowth and hope that nature takes its course before its found

I remember coin-operated scales like that in chemists, but I would have thought they were taller than the one in the garage looks.

my friend has one, and its about that size.

Police probe ‘shoeless’ claim in missing Karen Ristevski case

12:00AM September 9, 2016

Police are investigating whether missing Melbourne woman Karen Ristevski left home shoeless on the day she disappeared.

It is understood Victoria Police are yet to determine whether Ms Ristevski was wearing shoes when she left her home in Melbourne’s northwestern suburb of Avondale Heights on June 29.

About a month after she disappeared, police set up an information van close to where she was last seen, and dressed a mannequin in what they thought she was wearing.

The mannequin was dressed in pants, a shirt and a jacket, with a Coach handbag, but it did not have shoes.

Sources close to the investigation say police are trying to ascertain whether all her shoes are accounted for at home.

A former police investigator, who asked not to be named, noted that a shoeless mannequin did not necessarily indicate investigators thought she left home with no shoes; it might just mean police were not able to obtain the type of shoe the missing person was wearing.
Thanks so much for this article, Makara. This shoe saga is so important, in my opinion, why can't anyone figure out if there's any shoes missing? The people she worked with would probably know, if the family don't! If heels are missing ......... no way you're walking round the river in them ....... flats missing, h'mm, not out of the question you'd go walking, possible.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Deceased people don't need shoes.....Hopefully LE are prompting articles about extra CCTV and shoes (they are just random bits of already known info)....in advance of bringing in someone for further questioning.

Thanks so much for this article, Makara. This shoe saga is so important, in my opinion, why can't anyone figure out if there's any shoes missing? The people she worked with would probably know, if the family don't! If heels are missing ......... no way you're walking round the river in them ....... flats missing, h'mm, not out of the question you'd go walking, possible.

IMO Karen was incapacitated or killed at home and was not wearing shoes at the time (a lot of people do not wear shoes indoors). BR then moved Karen's body to the car. He remembered her bag, purse, phone and the unexplained $850 cash but overlooked that for his "gone for a walk" story to hold water she would need to be wearing shoes.
When questioned about which pair of shoes she was wearing he had several options:

say he couldn't recall which shoes (most likely),
say she might have been barefoot (unlikely)
or describe a fictional pair of shoes (too risky IMO).

Even with a vast wardrobe of shoes, most people only wear a few pairs on a regular basis.

Deceased people don't need shoes.....Hopefully LE are prompting articles about extra CCTV and shoes (they are just random bits of already known info)....in advance of bringing in someone for further questioning.
Ah ha, thanks Wonky1, so you're saying there are no shoes missing ..... more damning than the heels or flats conundrum, one would think🤔

Karen's mobile phone was reportedly tracked near Gisborne, 40km northwest of their home, while her husband's was tracked on the same highway, at Diggers Rest, about 20km northwest of the home.
It was also reported that BR's phone was switched off for about two hours that day
https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/32563091...mothers/#page1

It seems as if KR was put into her own car dead or alive. BR drove 20kms before he remembered to turn his phone off. He then drove another 20kms and cut Karen's phone off, then suffocated or strangled her outside the car (if she was not already dead and there is no evidence of there being a dead body in the car) then buried her body with that shovel they found. Then he drove back home. If his phone was off for 2 hours, then the time would sound about right (assuming that was the moment his phone was off for 2 hours) so maybe driving about 1 hour, then disposing of the body-

I find it very Interesting that the CCTV cameras at the family home were apparently NOT working the day of the disappearance which makes it sound premeditated plus he must have had the shovel ready in the car too. His going to ask neighbours if they had CCTV footage is very telling.

I love your brilliant posts Estelle.

Another Ristevski will be travelling in the back of a car soon.
Pack a bag & don't forget the clean undies.

IMO Karen was incapacitated or killed at home and was not wearing shoes at the time (a lot of people do not wear shoes indoors). BR then moved Karen's body to the car. He remembered her bag, purse, phone and the unexplained $850 cash but overlooked that for his "gone for a walk" story to hold water she would need to be wearing shoes.
When questioned about which pair of shoes she was wearing he had several options:

say he couldn't recall which shoes (most likely),
say she might have been barefoot (unlikely)
or describe a fictional pair of shoes (too risky IMO).

Even with a vast wardrobe of shoes, most people only wear a few pairs on a regular basis.
Interesting theory there, quite possibly barefoot in the home .... wonder if any slippers are missing, it was winter🤔

I doubt my family would know what shoes were missing. For example I have 3 pairs of joggers, 1 old pair for around the garden, one I wear out walking and another pair that haven't been worn yet. All the same brand. Same as my Birkenstocks and 3 pairs of black flats etc.
My family including my daughter wouldn't have a clue.

I suspect this is what's happened, Karen's family might not know that 100%.

SR wore Gucci shoes to the press conference didn't she? She'd know which of her mum's shoes were missing, imo, if they're a Gucci and Coach kind of family.

I doubt my family would know what shoes were missing. For example I have 3 pairs of joggers, 1 old pair for around the garden, one I wear out walking and another pair that haven't been worn yet. All the same brand. Same as my Birkenstocks and 3 pairs of black flats etc.
My family including my daughter wouldn't have a clue.

I suspect this is what's happened, Karen's family might not know that 100%.
True, They'll get you, one wouldn't expect them to know brands and styles, but you'd reckon they'd be able to distinguish heels from flats ..... just my opinion.

A few sleuthers have mentioned cadaver dogs. I have a few questions about cadaver dogs.

Are they often used in Australia? Are they likely to have been used in the search for Karen's body? (I have not seen anything in MSM)
How soon after death could they detect a cadaver?

A few sleuthers have mentioned cadaver dogs. I have a few questions about cadaver dogs.

Are they often used in Australia? Are they like to have been used in the search for Karen's body? (I have not seen anything in MSM)
How soon after death could they detect a cadaver?

I've thought about this too. If Karen was killed and put straight into a car, surely there would be no "death" smell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if SR recalls what her father was wearing, before she last saw him that morning?
Are those clothes still at the house or did he discard them?
If he was dressed, does SR recall if they were the same clothes BR was in when she came back home?
Does BR have any missing shoes? He may have discarded his soiled shoes.
Will the cctv footage capture any details of clothing he may of been wearing when he was in the car leaving property? Are these the same as he was in that evening when he may have spoken to police in person?

True, They'll get you, one wouldn't expect them to know brands and styles, but you'd reckon they'd be able to distinguish heels from flats ..... just my opinion.

But if Karen had several very similar pairs of each style, as TGY does, the family may well find it difficult to say what, if anything, is missing. Think of SR at Karen's wardrobe: "No, here's her black flats, I remember them well. Wait a minute, here's another one--she must have had two pairs the same. I thought there was just the one. I suppose she might have had three."

My cousin has always done that--when she finds some shoes she likes, she buys a couple of pairs of them, because by the time they're worn out, the style probably won't be for sale any more.

I've thought about this too. If Karen was killed and put straight into a car, surely there would be no "death" smell.

Maybe not in the house but possibly in the car if the trip was a while unless Karen was wrapped in something. :thinking:
(I'm not sure about these things either).

That's why I was enquiringly about the large scales in the garage & what they were used for. What were the items being wrapped in, plastic or bubble wrap?

I guess only Borce would know if a ground sheet or tarp was missing

Maybe not in the house but possibly in the car if the trip was a while unless Karen was wrapped in something. :thinking:
(I'm not sure about these things either).

That's why I was enquiringly about the large scales in the garage & what they were used for. What were the items being wrapped in, plastic or bubble wrap?

I guess only Borce would know if a ground sheet or tarp was missing

The scales may have been used to weigh packages for postage? Did Bella Bleu have an online store? Or who knows what else they may have been posting! Nuts to China?! Lol.

But if Karen had several very similar pairs of each style, as TGY does, the family may well find it difficult to say what, if anything, is missing. Think of SR at Karen's wardrobe: "No, here's her black flats, I remember them well. Wait a minute, here's another one--she must have had two pairs the same. I thought there was just the one. I suppose she might have had three."

My cousin has always done that--when she finds some shoes she likes, she buys a couple of pairs of them, because by the time they're worn out, the style probably won't be for sale any more.

It might be easier to think about the shoe question this way. Instead of wondering if your significant other/s could remember the shoes you might be wearing on a work day. Ask yourself if you could narrow down the shoes your significant other wears to work. Most of us have some awareness of what our partners wear.

I just asked my husband to tell me what shoes I usually wear and he had no f-Ing idea. Just sayin!

I just asked my husband to tell me what shoes I usually wear and he had no f-Ing idea. Just sayin!

:floorlaugh: Please describe the look on his face when you asked.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics