Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Ristevski says staff at the Bella Bleu boutique, which the couple ran at Watergardens shopping centre in Taylors Lakes, rang him later that morning to say Karen had failed to show up for work, leading him to call her frequently on her mobile phone without getting any reply.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/missing-melbourne-mum-karen-ristevski-crucial-new-clues-emerge-in-police-probe/news-story/c0c30a0e5cb3c40bfcff881cab6515f3

Mr Ristevski's phone was switched off for two hours between 10.30am and 2pm

:thinking:

So if Borce's phone was switched off for the period 10.30am to 2.00pm, call from the staff at the shop to him to his phone had to be prior to 10.30am. What phone did he use to call Karen's phone 'frequently' and getting no reply? Or did he wait until after 2.00pm to call her mobile phone 'frequently'. Not feasible in my view.

and no other apps are using GPS ... like runners apps, other sporting-type things ... then the phone could well appear to be off.

You don't typically have sporting-type apps on your phone unless you install them because you want to use them

Google maps is a good one for wanting location services turned on.

Terms of usage say they now collect data for traffic flow predictions.

It's very interest to take a look at Google's location history tracking, they know the address of several of my used Wifi AP's.

Google maps is a good one for wanting location services turned on.

Terms of usage say they now collect data for traffic flow predictions.

It's very interest to take a look at Google's location history tracking, they know the address of several of my used Wifi AP's.

Yes, that's right. Never use Google maps on my phone, obviously, because it wants location data. But my DD does and they always give current traffic conditions and such ... thanks to GPS.

You may have location services turned on, on your phone?

Yes location services are on for specific reasons..

And apparently I went for a massage on Wednesday....

Around the time I believe I was pruning some trees.

It would like me to confirm that....

So if Borce's phone was switched off for the period 10.30am to 2.00pm, call from the staff at the shop to him to his phone had to be prior to 10.30am. What phone did he use to call Karen's phone 'frequently' and getting no reply? Or did he wait until after 2.00pm to call her mobile phone 'frequently'. Not feasible in my view.

Perhaps they have a landline? Yep, those old archaic things lol. Easy for police to check the usage on that, too.

Yes location services are on for specific reasons..

And apparently I went for a massage on Wednesday....

Around the time I believe I was pruning some trees.

It would like me to confirm that....

Too funny :D

10:30 to 2:00 is three and a half hours, not two.

It seems there is mobile phone coverage up the Calder, but away from the highway where Karen was placed, maybe not. (The website I looked at said there was "no data" as to whether or not there was coverage in Mt Macedon areas off the main roads.)

Edit: Sorry, who said Borce called Karen's phone frequently? I thought it was staff who did that. Borce as well?

10:30 to 2:00 is three and a half hours, not two.

It seems there is mobile phone coverage up the Calder, but away from the highway where Karen was placed, maybe not. (The website I looked at said there was "no data" as to whether or not there was coverage in Mt Macedon areas off the main roads.)

Edit: Sorry, who said Borce called Karen's phone frequently? I thought it was staff who did that. Borce as well?

View Amee's post #811 of today with links to articles stating this.

Why would you need to engage a lawyer after you report your wife missing? Who's idea was it to bring his mother out, who would have to be in her late 70's early 80's, to make a statement to media. More questions.

Thanks SA! Sorry for the lack of introduction. Long time lurker, first time poster obviously :D Been following the case since day one - some stories just captivate me. I don't know the family just a true crime obsessive. I'll try and post my thoughts later on in more depth. I also remembered last night that there was talk of a white van at the very beginning - attached to the building happening in the street? I can't remember if anyone attached it back to the family but I remember WS'ers driving past to check :)

Why would you need to engage a lawyer after you report your wife missing? Who's idea was it to bring his mother out, who would have to be in her late 70's early 80's, to make a statement to media. More questions.

I know, right?? But it seems with the leaked info from 'sources close to the family' and other stuff here and there, that a counter blitz is on to tell us all how wonderful Karen's marital family is .... despite them all refusing to talk to police, after the initial interviews with Borce, and despite them not launching any campaign to find Karen ... or even making any real or ongoing appeals to find her.

@SouthAussie

Sorry it's not letting me use spaces when I quote.

Yes they always forget something...

I know, right?? But it seems with the leaked info from 'sources close to the family' and other stuff here and everywhere, that a counter blitz is on to tell us all how wonderful Karen's marital family is .... despite them all refusing to talk to police, after the initial interviews with Borce, and despite them launching any campaign to find Karen.

Yes SA it is bizarre, just when you think it is getting closer to a close more questions pop up and you struggle to find logical answers. Your wife goes missing so you engage a high priced criminal lawyer to advice you on what the process will be?????? That same service could probably be provided by a $150 an hour suburban lawyer. You spend 20 minutes with a journalist and don't make a public plea to find her but instead defend your financial and business dealings????

Come on it doesn't make sense. It seems that the closer the police get the more bizarre the case becomes.
Frustration is building and patience is wearing.

Strange, too, that Borce's mum is talking to the media when the family has apparently been 'told by police' not to talk to the media. :rolleyes:

Where are our verified insiders? Haven't posted since being verified (hardly).

Just clarifying that BR's phone was allegedly switched off for two hours sometime between 10:30 am and 2pm, the exact switch off and on times have not been revealed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are innocent of any wrongdoing in a crime you wouldn't care about police GPS tracking devices on your vehicle or bugged house/phones. If you are innocent you have nothing to hide.
I don't think there is any reason to not co operate with an investigation into a missing loved one and if you are concerned about police conduct, yes, by all means have your attorney present if you wish so you can be legally advised. Knowing that the authorities now know that Karen did in fact come to harm, BR will definitely need a lawyer anyway to advise him further on other matters as well. All IMO.

Logging the contradictions - they are very good at muddying the waters, these guys would make good politicians!

BR: “The police have told me not to talk about the case,” he said.

Police however told the Herald Sun they did not stop people from talking to the media.

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...e/news-story/0366c330e979904de756ab0fda6e2037

1 August 2016

——

Vic Ristevski: “They have interviewed somebody else from Avondale Heights.”

But despite what Mr Ristevski said, Victoria Police said just one man had been interviewed after Mrs Ristevski’s disappearance at present.

Leonie Johnson, a Victoria Police spokeswoman, said: “Only one 52-year-old Avondale Heights man has been interviewed in relation to the investigation.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...i/news-story/74fc7cc627029a017ea3957f16733498

12 July 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member