Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...i/news-story/3f899ffa336bfa0768464faa134025eb

Surreal twist as family, friends ignore suspicions to mourn Ristevski
March 9, 2017

The family spokesperson Karen's aunt Patricia Gray, was absent from her nieces funeral .

Stephen Williams, was the 2nd speaker, saying he always looked up to his older sister. His girlfriend stood beside him for support.

He recalled how Karenhelped him get through the death of their parents and tears flowed.

Mr Williams told his sister he would “see you soon” tears flowing. Before softly saying he had some “unfinished business” here on earth.

Lisa Gray KR cousin gave two speeches. One was on behalf of Mr Williams’s teenage son. He was too emotional to speak. It was a loving tribute to his aunt friend said.

I can't read the article Soso as it is paywalled, is it saying that Patricia Gray was absent from the funeral?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...i/news-story/3f899ffa336bfa0768464faa134025eb

Suspicion of BR was put aside to give Karen a dignified farewell.

BR and SR were seated front row in the center.They comforted each other and were emotional.

BR parents and VR were also front and center.
Both sides of the family were seated in the first 3 rows.

The optics were of a united family.

Police kept a respectful distance out the front.

I dont know much about mafis stuff so forgive me if Im naive... but wouldn't the police get some kind of indication if a ransom etc was involved? Wouldn't they have investigated all incoming/outgoing phone calls? How are they communicating their ransom deal?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I used term mafia loosely, doesn't mean they belong to cosa nostra or any other group in particular, in Melbourne there are no shortage of shady people who do all sorts of stuff, including loaning money to people that banks don't want to deal with.
Br saying how he doesn't have financial issues is rubbish, his house is under caveat, one shop closed down... By definition he is in crappy situation.

Its very hard for police to investigate thia type of crimes as there is 'code of silence' practiced by everyone involved, noone wants to cooperate with cops, so if you don't have eyewitness or video footage of actual crime happening its almost impossible to present convincing evidence before the jury.

Im guessing there was some sort of meeting near calder fwy, macedon area..

This are all theories based on what we know so far

Sent from my HTC_M10h using Tapatalk

Are KRs, BRs, SRs, VRs and KRs brothers phone records known in the 3 days leading up to the alleged day of her disappearance. ARs too.

PG is probably thinking BR is involved so she decided not to attend, its understandable.
Im surprised that Stephen Williams attended, he strikes me as a bit naive kinda a bloke, PG is more sharper and she feels something is very wrong with Ristevskis stories.

I dont know much about mafis stuff so forgive me if Im naive... but wouldn't the police get some kind of indication if a ransom etc was involved? Wouldn't they have investigated all incoming/outgoing phone calls? How are they communicating their ransom deal?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Not aimed at you decsimp ... just bouncing off your post.

'Mafia' don't typically put out a hit on a wife. If they have a beef with someone, they go for that someone. If they just want to threaten the person, they break that person's bones, or scare the beans out of them. Family is very off limits, generally speaking. imo

I cannot imagine Karen herself doing anything to get a gang of any kind upset. She was a fashion designer. Not in the horse racing industry, gambling, or setting up risky companies.

Victoria's former top homicide investigator, Charlie Bezzina, on Wednesday told Nine Network's Today Show the crime scene indicated the suspected murder seemed 'personal' and 'unplanned'.

New Zealand-born Karen Ristevski's grieving relatives have spoken of their horror after her "badly decomposed" body was found by a bushwalker under logs, suggesting her suspected murder was "personal".

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11806314

What remains of the $600k unsecured debt hangover? Just written off owners equity or real debt to loan sharks? Only way for money out is to get the house back into BR name if KR refused a drawn down facility etc if house was in her name. Perhaps there is a follow up threat on SR if the plan and payment isn't finalised - BR has told her of this - and hence the both of them clamming up..

So, Patricia didn't go to the funeral. Wasn't aware of that before. I wonder if she knew that the hypocrisy of some of the pall bearing and some of the eulogies would be too much for her.

Didn't it say in the order of service that Patricia did a eulogy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, Patricia didn't go to the funeral. Wasn't aware of that before. I wonder if she knew that the hypocrisy of some of the pall bearing and some of the eulogies would be too much for her.

Bizarre family ‘circus belittles the hunt’ for Karen Ristevski
The Australian August 29, 2016

‘I really believe in my heart that she has been discarded like a piece of rubbish,’ says Patricia Gray about her niece, Karen Ristevski.

The aunt of missing Melbourne woman Karen Ristevski thinks her niece has been murdered and has angrily dismissed theories of other family members that she ran away.

Ms Gray, the family spokeswoman in earlier appeals for help, ridiculed statements by Ms Ristevski’s brother-in-law Vasko, who said she might have run away to China or the US with a fake passport. She also lamented that the search for her niece had been turned into a “circus” by bizarre statements from family members, including Ms Ristevski’s stepson Anthony Rickard, who said she had planned to leave her husband when their daughter, Sarah, turned 21.

“All these things that people are saying, which are just random, is making this case a circus. People would be thinking this is a joke — and this is not a joke, it is really serious,” Ms Gray, the sister of Ms Ristevski’s late mother, told The Australian.

“Whoever has done this to her, that is what they have done ... She is worth more than that, the family want to find her, the family want to give her the burial she deserves. She should be out with her mum.
“I believe she is no longer with us, I really feel that. It’s a hard thing to accept but I really believe in my heart that she has been discarded like a piece of rubbish and that does not sit well with me.

Ms Gray said the Ristevskis appeared happily married, and she saw no signs of family dysfunction or unhappiness.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...i/news-story/04635f24c20382b608b0e329d160eb31

Didn't it say in the order of service that Patricia did a eulogy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was Lisa Gray

attachment.php

Attachments

• 17.03.06 3.jpg
    17.03.06 3.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 180
Was this the silver car Borce used for Karen's funeral?
That's Vasko in the foreground

attachment.php

Attachments

• 3D79A11B00000578-0-A_third_man_arrived_at_the_Ristevski_house_after_news_of_her_rem-a-18_1487739.jpg
    3D79A11B00000578-0-A_third_man_arrived_at_the_Ristevski_house_after_news_of_her_rem-a-18_1487739.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 239
PG is probably thinking BR is involved so she decided not to attend, its understandable.
Im surprised that Stephen Williams attended, he strikes me as a bit naive kinda a bloke, PG is more sharper and she feels something is very wrong with Ristevskis stories.

He strikes me as strong and determined.

Just curious. Do you know the Ristevski's?

Witness protection?? haha, you kidding me..you really have too much faith in our institutions.
They know who he is, where he and family lives... Cant be in hiding forever

Are you speculating this case has Mafia connections attached to it? There is nothing in this case that makes me believe that. Otherwise i don't get your post?
It is a known fact that people are witnesses in court in trials in connection to criminal cases though, and no they don't go into witness protection either.

I honestly don't think that mafia members or loan sharks are involved in Karen's death...MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018