Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Transfer is not considered a sale, there isn't a price associated with the transfer.

The same happens in a divorce, if one partner buys the other out.

The Transfer of Land document would show 'Natural love and affection' as the consideration for the transfer, rather than $. In this situation, there is no stamp duty payable on the transfer of land.

The Transfer of Land document would show 'Natural love and affection' as the consideration for the transfer, rather than $. In this situation, there is no stamp duty payable on the transfer of land.
Transfer occurred in 2000, how relevant is that to KR's death? I think we are going too far back, we know br was involved with so many businesses that 'failed' on paper at least, at the end he ended up driving Uber, that is a bit low considering all ventures he was involved in unless it was funny business and he profited from bankruptcies

Moreover, asset transfers prior to bankruptcy can be overturned by trustee

Sent from my HTC_M10h using Tapatalk

Suggestions by relatives that she may have bought a false passport and fled overseas were clearly nonsense.

One of the key concerns for police was that her telephone pinged off mobile phone towers on the Calder Freeway near Gisborne on the day she disappeared.

They could find no reason why she would have voluntarily gone to the area

About the drive..For some reason he did not mention this to police for months until he was told about the phone pinging.

The body in Mount Macedon was found on a dirt track not far from the Calder Freeway – the very road where his phone was electronically recorded

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/k...-the-bush-and-the-killer-20170221-gui614.html

Homicide detectives say there will nearly always be a link between where a body is left and the killer.

It may be an old fishing spot, a holiday area or a relative's property, but under stress people crave the familiar.

They look for an area they know is isolated and where they hope the body will remain undisturbed.
Often, police say the killer will put a body in the boot and drive along a major road or freeway, usually less than 100 kilometres from Melbourne.

The aim will be to return home before the killer (or the victim) are found to be missing.

They will leave the main road and head for a dirt track, where they can drag the body a short distance into the bush.

Karen Ristevski's body was found about 50 metres from such a track.

Seven months after she disappeared police have the breakthrough they needed. And while the case is far from over, the killer knows investigators are now closer to the truth.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/k...-the-bush-and-the-killer-20170221-gui614.html

It may be an old fishing spot, a holiday area or a relative's property, but under stress people crave the familiar. (Police said)

-------

This reminded me of Vincent's Stanford handing Stephanie Scotts body close to where he and his family would go camping.

Thanks..... just trying to get a picture of why vic police would be holding off on an arrest....

Seems...just maybe..there is more to this case than what appears to be obvious ... IMO.

Toxicology reports are not back yet, that's surely one likely reason.

It's all good and well, we all think we know who did it but I'm afraid it will will hard to PROVE it was him, all we got so far is circumstantial evidence that won't cut it in the court of law.

Time works in killers favor, i was right when i said police didn't wait for funeral to be over before laying charges, they lacking hard evidence.

I have served as a juror in a criminal case and that is when i realised how tough it is to prove something beyond reasonable doubt.

Even slightest possibility that someone else might have done it(say ar, vr in this case) is enough to cast enough doubt in jurors mind that they will rather let accused walk free than risk putting him behind bars.

Sent from my HTC_M10h using Tapatalk

Transfer occurred in 2000, how relevant is that to KR's death? I think we are going too far back, we know br was involved with so many businesses that 'failed' on paper at least, at the end he ended up driving Uber, that is a bit low considering all ventures he was involved in unless it was funny business and he profited from bankruptcies

Moreover, asset transfers prior to bankruptcy can be overturned by trustee

But Borce never filed for bankruptcy. Having your business wound up by a liquidator does not mean an automatic bankruptcy filing. Just means that you need to have a plan for paying off the debt.

No evidence has been found of bankruptcy filing(s), by The Australian or by us. So no need for him to be concerned about the overturning of any asset transfers. It seems unusual that he did not file for bankruptcy, if he wanted to clear his debts and proceed forward at some point in time with a clean slate.

An intentional act to preserve the assets, which are in Karen's name?

It would also allow him to achieve future/current directorships without having to lie on the form that asks 'have you had any prior claims of bankruptcy'. They also never pinged him for trading while insolvent, though there was a decent risk of that.

But this means, I believe, that his past debts are not negated. And will be added to any current debts from his more recent failed/failing businesses.

My apologies to the people whose eyes glaze over with all the financial talk.

But I think it is really important to understand the levels of debt and the consequences of that debt. Because, whether Karen's murder was a spontaneous angry one or a planned one, I believe that money issues were the motivator. It seems to be all Borce cares about - and pretty much all he has talked about during the entire time of Karen's disappearance.

Sorry....Im still confused.

Last sqle of the property was in 1994?

I can't see where your getting that from .... even in the link provided.

I can be slow at times lol.....so take it easy on me.

The block of land was bought in 1994....The house was built in 1996....house was built 2 years after the block of land was purchased.

The block of land was bought in 1994....The house was built in 1996....house was built 2 years after the block of land was purchased.

Many new houses today are sold as house and land packages by the builder....or you choose to buy the block of land yourself and have the house built to your own design.

It may be an old fishing spot, a holiday area or a relative's property, but under stress people crave the familiar. (Police said)

-------

This reminded me of Vincent's Stanford handing Stephanie Scotts body close to where he and his family would go camping.

Three questions AR said he was asked when the police knocked on his door.
"Had my Dad been up this way"
"If he knows anyone up this way"
"Does he have other properties"
The answers are???
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...y/news-story/0b07846ab2b3a778654c0a6ee67f533f

My apologies to the people whose eyes glaze over with all the financial talk.

But I think it is really important to understand the levels of debt and the consequences of that debt. Because, whether Karen's murder was a spontaneous angry one or a planned one, I believe that money issues were the motivator. It seems to be all Borce cares about - and pretty much all he has talked about during the entire time of Karen's disappearance.

I agree. If the relationship was already strained due to financial woes and the person with the most clout is about to walk, a volatile situation could easily arise resulting in injury or death. Imo, this is the main reason for murders and murder/suicides in middle class families who are struggling to keep up or maintain their lifestyle. What would be the outcome for Borce if Karen left and set up for herself? For some people resorting to violence is only a step away, it's like a temporary insanity. 'She's taking MY money, MY house, MY good name and reputation.'

Yes, the link is now behind a paywall for me too. If you google 'Ristevski marriage a 'fake', says stepson Anthony Rickard, or google just his name, you may be able to access the article. I have just accessed again by googling his name only.

Thanks for the link again, KG1. I'm believing this statement (below), no matter who made it - based on the research we have now done into the finances - plus their lifestyle, and Borce's preoccupation with money.
Money is evidently more important to him, and the public's (and creditors, money lenders, customers) impression that he is just fine in that department, than the fact that his wife went missing without a word to anyone.

"In the statement to the police — seen by The Australian — Mr Rickard painted the relationship between his father and stepmother as a “fake”, saying that they had stayed together only for money, image and their daughter, Sarah, 21."
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...d/news-story/75ebaacfe5d224946b5ab8c637bf5a6a

It appears, on surface at least that BR was involved in many businesses that failed with lot of money beung owed, yet he was showed remarkable resilience by always bouncing back and starting something new and still managing to live a good life.
You get sense he is one of these people who know how to work the system, start, fail, go in debt, restructure, repeat the process ...
I know some people in building industry who ended up being owed 10s and 100s of thousands of dollars as contractors, building company racks up debt by not paying contractors then goes insolvent, start up with new name and process continues, taking advantage of limited liability...not saying br was into it

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Yes it would appear that he liked to live the high life on other peoples money. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pey