Australia - Khandalyce Pearce (Wynarka) and Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whàngarei;12324429 said:
yes i am stating that 1271 called back a few minutes later.
i have read and reread that newspaper link re caller 1267 and 1271 and the due to those calls ....the police connected to another person who provided a further pic of Khandalyce in a pink dress a few days later .That pic showed Khandalyce standing behind a brown stroller in a pink dress.

Yes, I've read & re-read newspaper links too & I guess it's in the wording, it's not clear whether the calls were a couple of days apart or minutes apart. But I've read over & over that the 2 callers were associates.

http://www.territorystories.nt.gov....ritory News_20151022_page04_NTNews_News_4.PDF

He said a second important call to Crimestoppers – num- ber 1271 – a short time after the initial one provided more vital information. It came from an associate of the first caller.

Yes, I've read & re-read newspaper links too & I guess it's in the wording, it's not clear whether the calls were a couple of days apart or minutes apart. But I've read over & over that the 2 callers were associates.

http://www.territorystories.nt.gov....ritory News_20151022_page04_NTNews_News_4.PDF

He said a second important call to Crimestoppers – num- ber 1271 – a short time after the initial one provided more vital information. It came from an associate of the first caller.

Yes, definately 2 separate callers, (thank The Lord for their actions) and yes, they did know each other. I think that perhaps there was chat between them as to the call made by 1267, and that led to the follow up call by 1271.

I find the terminology interesting. Caller 1267 'knew them quite well'. From the chat with caller 1271, a Detective was able to locate 'an associate' in Adelaide.

Perhaps would one of those callers have been Grandma's Carer? I can't help wonder - Did he know a fair bit about her planned trip, her contacts along the way, and her reasons for - IMO perhaps we have only heard snippets of his information, which is being so tantalisingly drip-fed by the investigating team.

K & K caught up with that 'associate' on their 2008 arrival in Adelaide and the 'relationship' was such that photos were taken, and kept, of little Khandalyce . <modsnip> It would take someone who 'knew them quite quite well' to be privy to that IMO.

I also can't help pondering if there would be any possibility that the other caller could have been HP ? (Many documented Pol interviews, very calm about it all, no charges laid, and in her words ' None expected' - IMO, I doubt they were just taking tea !)

IMO callers 1267 and 1271 to Crimestoppers were both friends and/or family of Karlie. One of them being an employee at the daycare or child minding centre in Alice Springs where Khandalyce was enrolled. This caller had the lovely photo of Khandalyce with the quilt and ultimately recognized it in the police photos circulated after the remains of Khandalyce were found. One or both of these callers have then led police to Hazel Passmore and in turn to Daniel Holdom.

At no time has it been stated or suggested that Hazel Pasmore phoned Crimestoppers with any information whatsoever in regard to Karlie or Khandalyce. Police tracked her down from Crimestopper calls 1267 and/or 1271. IMO Passmore knew and has always known what happened to Karlie and Khandalyce.

Police forensics are still examining computer records and IMO part of that examination will be the bank records of Hazel Passmore over the many years since Karlie and Khandalyce were murdered. As Des Bray said, it's a long slow process and Hazel must know that she will eventually be arrested, charged and convicted of fraud. That is, stealing money and the identity of a dead woman and her baby daughter.

Thank you Makara-less is more.

IMO callers 1267 and 1271 to Crimestoppers were both friends and/or family of Karlie. One of them being an employee at the daycare or child minding centre in Alice Springs where Khandalyce was enrolled. This caller had the lovely photo of Khandalyce with the quilt and ultimately recognized it in the police photos circulated after the remains of Khandalyce were found. One or both of these callers have then led police to Hazel Passmore and in turn to Daniel Holdom.

At no time has it been stated or suggested that Hazel Pasmore phoned Crimestoppers with any information whatsoever in regard to Karlie or Khandalyce. Police tracked her down from Crimestopper calls 1267 and/or 1271. IMO Passmore knew and has always known what happened to Karlie and Khandalyce.

Police forensics are still examining computer records and IMO part of that examination will be the bank records of Hazel Passmore over the many years since Karlie and Khandalyce were murdered. As Des Bray said, it's a long slow process and Hazel must know that she will eventually be arrested, charged and convicted of fraud. That is, stealing money and the identity of a dead woman and her baby daughter.

If you had a photo at a daycare/child minding facility (and remember there are strict rules on photos of children being made public etc), it would be (IMO) the obvious thing to go straight to the director and say we have this picture and I think we should contact the police. I would also think the director would then contact whoever was listed as the emergency contact on Khandalyce's records and let them know they were notifying the police. That would explain why another phone call came in close after the first. One from the preschool/daycare and one from the person who was listed as the emergency contact. Most places ask for at least 2 apart from the carer.

I've probably missed something along the way, but do we know that Khandalyce did go to daycare? Sorry if this is a silly question; I just don't remember reading it anywhere.

If you had a photo at a daycare/child minding facility (and remember there are strict rules on photos of children being made public etc), it would be (IMO) the obvious thing to go straight to the director and say we have this picture and I think we should contact the police. I would also think the director would then contact whoever was listed as the emergency contact on Khandalyce's records and let them know they were notifying the police. That would explain why another phone call came in close after the first. One from the preschool/daycare and one from the person who was listed as the emergency contact. Most places ask for at least 2 apart from the carer.

I don't remember ever hearing that Khandalyce attended a day care centre either.
Maybe she did, maybe she didn't.
However, when you look at the quilt photo it seems to me that the carpet, the cane lounge in the background, and the other quilt on the cane lounge indicate a domestic situation and not a day care centre.

attachment.php

Attachments

• kandquilt.gif
    kandquilt.gif
    205.2 KB · Views: 337
BBM Yes, I remember thinking the same at the time. In fact there was a discussion about just that and how much she must've been loved on an earlier thread, IMO.

I don't remember ever hearing that Khandalyce attended a day care centre either.
Maybe she did, maybe she didn't.
However, when you look at the quilt photo it seems to me that the carpet, the cane lounge in the background, and the other quilt on the cane lounge indicate a domestic situation and not a day care centre.

attachment.php

I didn't say that the photo of Khandalyce with the quilt was taken at a daycare centre. That photo was taken at Karlie's mother's place. Karlie's friend, who also happened to be a childcare worker had the photo.

Hi Makara,

Do you have a link for that so that I can catch up? Ta.

I didn't say that the photo of Khandalyce with the quilt was taken at a daycare centre. That photo was taken at Karlie's mother's place. Karlie's friend, who also happened to be a childcare worker had the photo.

Hi Makara,

This was discussed in one of the previous threads when it was revealed in MSM that a female friend of Karlie had shared accommodation with her in Adelaide, this friend being a childcare worker when she lived in Alice Springs.

It may be somewhere in one of the many links in the Media/Timeline thread. Unfortunately many of those links are probably now behind a paywall. :banghead:

AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum, Karli MEDIA/TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

This is the 3rd go I've had at replying! keep losing it!

Anyway, thanks for that. Yes I do now remember about her living with a friend when they went to Adelaide, but still don't remember the childcare bit, but I guess there were just too many important discussions going on for an old brain to absorb and keep! However, that does explain the references to daycare.

I know what you mean about Paywalls. Some of the links I had saved no longer lead anywhere either - sub-judice and / or other important LE business I imagine. However, I don't care; as long as they get their man, and anyone else who was involved.

This was discussed in one of the previous threads when it was revealed in MSM that a female friend of Karlie had shared accommodation with her in Adelaide, this friend being a childcare worker when she lived in Alice Springs.

It may be somewhere in one of the many links in the Media/Timeline thread. Unfortunately many of those links are probably now behind a paywall. :banghead:

AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum, Karli MEDIA/TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Would that be Mel May?
Mel May was a close friend of Karlie's.
She was from Renmark SA and said that their children had played together.
Mel knew Karlie in Alice Springs and they both moved to SA where they shared a house for a while.
I haven't read what Mel does or did for a living though.

wonder if these other prisoners are still persons of interest? or is dh now their only suspect?

A convicted child sex offender is being considered as a person of interest in the murders of Karlie Pearce-Stevenson and her daughter Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, however the prisoner is not the 'chief suspect', according to an ABC News report
Police are reviewing the files of all criminals with a violent past who may have been in the Goulburn, Belanglo, or Australian Capital Territory regions the the time of Ms Pearce-Stevenson's disappearance.
Detectives told ABC News that they were focusing their efforts on prisoners across New South Wales who have been detained after committing similar offences.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rlie-Jade-Pearce-Stevenson-gutted-murder.html

Hi Makara,

Khandalyce looks like a typical happy toddler in the picture, with food on her face and holding a bottle of milk.

The photo was posted by a former Alice Springs daycare worker who remembers Khandalyce as a &#8220;beautiful little soul&#8221;.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...h/news-story/ffb3b228386c4b25f22bb9924c765f54

It does not actually say Khandalyce went to day care just that the person who posted the photo worked in daycare.

Khandalyce looks like a typical happy toddler in the picture, with food on her face and holding a bottle of milk.

The photo was posted by a former Alice Springs daycare worker who remembers Khandalyce as a “beautiful little soul”.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...h/news-story/ffb3b228386c4b25f22bb9924c765f54

It does not actually say Khandalyce went to day care just that the person who posted the photo worked in daycare.

Thanks you Soso. I think I got my wires crossed about Khandalyce being enrolled in daycare in Alice but I was on the right track. LOL. I think the photo referred to in that article is the one below and not the photo of Khandalyce with the quilt. Either way, it doesn't matter and I don't really care who the two callers to Crimestoppers were. I'm just grateful that they did indeed make those calls.

58WkcQ7.jpg

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...m/news-story/720b4d70394ef2bcf3196515d423163b

The photo was posted by a former Alice Springs daycare worker who remembers Khandalyce as a &#8220;beautiful little soul&#8221;.

Thanks for clearing that up, Soso.
So that photo emerged later on social media.
That fits with what I remember.

The sensational revelation yesterday that the skeleton of a young woman found in the Belanglo State Forest in 2010 and the bones of a young girl found in a suitcase in South Australia in July this year were mother and daughter came just a month after a Facebook page &#8220;Help find Karlie&#8221; was taken down.

It was set up after Ms Pearce-Stevenson went missing from Alice Springs around 2008 to help reunite her with her sick mother. Her mother died in 2010 still believing her daughter and granddaughter were safe and living interstate.

[...]

Former netball coach Steve Darling, who coached Ms Pearce-Stevenson in the under-9 Braitling Primary School team in a northern suburb of Alice Springs, said the community had tried to help.

&#8220;I was on the page for &#8216;Help Find Karlie&#8217; which was taken down a month ago. The photos used by police were taken by a friend in a shopping centre in Adelaide (November, 2008, before she was stopped by police at Coober Pedy). That was the last they saw of her. A friend met up with her in town. There are so many questions,&#8221; he said.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...o/news-story/9f932e9b73e14808084a20f362eed213

"The 1,267th caller was the person who initiated the breakthrough and then a couple of days later another person [provided information], and then that enabled us to do investigations which sort of opened it up further," Detective Superintendent Bray said.

"The initial caller identified that Karlie and Khandalyce had been missing since about 2009, although at the time of the call there wasn't a missing person report in existence," Detective Superintendent Bray said.

He said the "caller advised us that Karlie and Khandalyce had been reported missing in 2009" but it was shelved a week later after Northern Territory Police were reassured by Karlie's mother, who has since passed away, that the pair were safe.

[...]

Detective Superintendent Bray said the 1,271st caller provided a photograph showing Khandalyce in a stroller with the quilt tucked behind her head.

"As a result of that information we were able to identify another person who had been closely associated with Karlie, and that person provided information in relation to meeting with her in November 2008 at Marion and provided a photograph to us."

He said that photograph "again showed Khandalyce and it showed her wearing the pink dress".

[...]

Police said until today, family members of the pair had believed they were safe and living interstate.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-...ed-breakthrough-in-suitcase-girl-case/6873196
As a result of those calls a detective managed to locate an associate of Karlie&#8217;s in Adelaide. It was a watershed moment in the case. By chance, the person had had contact with Karlie and Khandalyce at Marion shopping centre in November, 2008, shortly after she left Alice Springs.

Crucially, photographs of Khandalyce were taken when they met. They were gold for the investigation. In them, she was wearing a pretty pink dress. That same dress was one of the 50 or so items of clothing found in the suitcase with her remains.

One of the Crimestoppers callers also gave police photographs
of Khandalyce in a pusher. In the pusher was the distinctive homemade quilt that was also found in the suitcase. &#8220;When we saw the photographs of the little girl in the stroller we thought it was the dress,&#8217;&#8217; Det Supt Bray said.

&#8220;Then the quilt was in another photo. We then thought it was her but we had also had some pretty strong leads prior to this that had amounted to nothing.&#8217;&#8217;

A number of images of Khandalyce were uploaded to Ms Passmore's Facebook account in 2008.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-30/khandalyce-pearce-new-photos-facebook/6897270
The woman's Facebook page, which was seen by AAP before it was disabled on Friday morning, revealed an album of photos dated August 2008 of a car show that included two pictures of Khandalyce, one of which was taken front on.
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/...g-investigations-new-photo-khandalyce-emerges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState