Australia - Khandalyce Pearce (Wynarka) and Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone explain this? Or just make a guess at what it signifies?

"Lawyers for Daniel Holdom, accused of murdering toddler Khandalyce Pearce, are yet to receive the results of a post-mortem examination on her body."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-28/daniel-holdom-appears-in-court-via-video-link/7119774

Khandalyce's decomposed body, which we have been told was just clean bones, was discovered in July 2015.
Way back then, Bray said they knew the cause of death but would not disclose it to the media.
In Sept 15 we were told they were extracting DNA, or trying to.
By they, the remains had been as forensically examined as it is possible to do.
On Dec 11 both mum and daughter were finally buried, so I'd assume the expects believed there was nothing more left to test.

So why has the post-mortem report not been delivered to the defence team?
Ditto for the missing witness statements.

My own belief is that this is being used as a delaying tactic, quite intentionally, by the prosecution, but I am curious to know if anyone has another explanation they can suggest.

Also, although the media have not mentioned it, there were technically 2 cases that were adjourned - one case for Karlie's murder and the other case for Khandalyce.
So what was the reason, or reasons for adjourning Karlie's case?

I wish there was a report directly from the court.

The 41-year-old is accused of murdering Khandalyce sometime between 2.17am on December 19 and 12.52am on December 20, 2008, in NSW.
The toddler was killed four or five days after her 20-year-old mother, Karlie Pearce-Stevenson, was killed in the Belanglo State Forest.

It will be alleged days after her death, Holdom travelled with Khandalyce from the ACT and over the border into NSW, where he is accused of murdering the blonde-haired toddler.
It is alleged he continued to South Australia and dumped Khandalyce's body, stuffed in a suitcase with children's clothing and a patchwork quilt, on the side of the Karoonda Highway in Wynarka, South Australia.

Investigators believe the suitcase lay discarded in scrub off the highway, which runs through SA's Murray River towns, for almost seven years before someone discovered the bones in July this year

It is believed Ms Pearce-Stevenson, whose bones showed signs of being stomped on, and Khandalyce were killed in different ways. While police are tight-lipped on their causes of death, they say both mother and daughter died violently.

http://www.westernadvocate.com.au/s...arged-with-murder-of-khandalyce-pearce/?cs=12

wondering what happened to this little angel in those 5 days, before her violent death? and how many other people were involved?

Wow! Again a media source reports "the suitcase lay discarded in scrub off the highway... for almost seven years".
It is just impossible to know what or who to believe at every twist and turn in this bizarre case.

The 41-year-old is accused of murdering Khandalyce sometime between 2.17am on December 19 and 12.52am on December 20, 2008, in NSW.
The toddler was killed four or five days after her 20-year-old mother, Karlie Pearce-Stevenson, was killed in the Belanglo State Forest.

It will be alleged days after her death, Holdom travelled with Khandalyce from the ACT and over the border into NSW, where he is accused of murdering the blonde-haired toddler.
It is alleged he continued to South Australia and dumped Khandalyce's body, stuffed in a suitcase with children's clothing and a patchwork quilt, on the side of the Karoonda Highway in Wynarka, South Australia.

Investigators believe the suitcase lay discarded in scrub off the highway, which runs through SA's Murray River towns, for almost seven years before someone discovered the bones in July this year

It is believed Ms Pearce-Stevenson, whose bones showed signs of being stomped on, and Khandalyce were killed in different ways. While police are tight-lipped on their causes of death, they say both mother and daughter died violently.

http://www.westernadvocate.com.au/s...arged-with-murder-of-khandalyce-pearce/?cs=12

wondering what happened to this little angel in those 5 days, before her violent death? and how many other people were involved?

I shudder to think bearbear, I really do. Him & his mates, associates ... whatever they were, so sick & deprived at the expense of a beautiful, innocent child ... so evil & vile... really, there are no words.

Wow! Again a media source reports "the suitcase lay discarded in scrub off the highway... for almost seven years".
It is just impossible to know what or who to believe at every twist and turn in this bizarre case.

I guess reporting almost 7yrs is another way of saying 6yrs 7mths, albeit an exaggerated way.

As police have alleged DH offloaded the suitcase in the scrub at Wynarka after leaving Wallaroo in Dec 2008, I 'd expect quite a lot of degradation of this suitcase ... aprox 6yrs 7mths ... roughly 2,400 days & nights in all sorts of harsh Australian weather. Its a long, long time.

I think the suitcase was probably black to start with & when found in July 2015 had faded to grey. But wouldn't there of been more deterioration given the long time frame? ... like the plastic piping of seams destroyed? ... the zips rotted ? ... tearing & ripping of the general suitcase material etc, etc ????

I really don't know what to think either ?????

I agree Symbah, I would expect more degradation especially as there were human bones and in the beginning flesh in the suitcase that would draw any animals looking for food, I would definitely expect the suitcase to be more worn!

Police revealed that the breakthrough came after two calls to Crime Stoppers that led to DNA evidence identifying the young girl.
"I can tell you it's caller 1,267 and 1,271 that provided the crucial breakthrough," South Australian Major Crime Detective Superintendent Des Bray said.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-...igation-into-deaths-single-mother-2yo/6874914

who are these callers i wonder?

I wonder ... Des Bray's described them as 'good people'.

https://www.crimestopperswa.com.au/4363-2/

He praised the people whose calls to Crime Stoppers led to the breakthrough.
“They’re good people and they’ve done what I think all of you would do. They rang Crime Stoppers because it kept niggling at them and we’re grateful they did,” he said.

so i wonder how this caller knew karlie and khandalyce and if they also knew her killer and suspected they may have murdered the two?
was the fb photo of little khandalyces quilt the connection they made to it being her body in the suitcase?
whose fb page was the photo on?

Whàngarei;12324167 said:
One person two calls. 1267 then 1271 rang back with address on facebook for pic of a young K with quilt to show the quilt and give them a pathway to family.That caller 1267 also said their belief was that belanglo girl was indeed mother Karlie .Niggling was the word used to describe how it felt kept thinking am i right? can this be possible?

So, the one person made both calls?

I thought the 2 calls were made by separate people but they knew each other ... thats what I've read along the way anyway, but who knows with all the crazy reporting.

caller knew what number because caller had to retrieve information and call back hence told number to quote. Happened to get same operator as previously a few minutes earlier.

so i wonder how this caller knew karlie and khandalyce and if they also knew her killer and suspected they may have murdered the two?
was the fb photo of little khandalyces quilt the connection they made to it being her body in the suitcase?
whose fb page was the photo on?

I thought that image of Khandalyce in the stroller with the quilt and rubriks cube was supplied by a family member.

The relative was approached by police after the calls from 1267 and 1271.

So, the one person made both calls?

I thought the 2 calls were made by separate people but they knew each other ... thats what I've read along the way anyway, but who knows with all the crazy reporting.

The police clearly stated "another person".

"The 1,267th caller was the person who initiated the breakthrough and then a couple of days later another person [provided information], and then that enabled us to do investigations which sort of opened it up further," Detective Superintendent Bray said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-21/crime-stoppers-calls-proved-breakthrough-in-suitcase-girl-case/6873196

a couple of days later another person did provide information but that was not caller 1271.

Whàngarei;12324360 said:
no.the image of khandalyce standing with the brown stroller was supplied by a relative together with pic of Karlie holding her pink phone at Marion.

""As a result of that information we were able to identify another person who had been closely associated with Karlie, and that person provided information in relation to meeting with her in November 2008 at Marion and provided a photograph to us.""

Again, this is an ABC quote of Bray and refers to "a person who had been closely associated with Karlie" - not a relative.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-...ed-breakthrough-in-suitcase-girl-case/6873196

caller 1271 told crimestoppers to tell police to get on facebook and type in the search space the facebook page given and that would give them a pic of the quilt.

It was the 1,267th phone call to police a fortnight ago that led to a crucial breakthrough in two shocking murder cases in different parts of Australia.
On October 8, a call came through to CrimeStoppers that provided a breakthrough for police and linked the two cases.
The 1,267th caller noted Ms Pearce-Stevenson and Khandalyce had been missing since 2009 after they left their family in Alice Springs in the Northern Territory - and the suitcase body could be that of the toddler.
Detectives began searching medical records and found Khandalyce had been immunised when she was 18 months old.

A person police tracked down had links to Ms Pearce-Stevenson and met the pair at an Adelaide shopping centre in 2008 after they left Alice Springs.
The person had photos of Khandalyce as a baby with a quilt made by her grandmother and another photo of her wearing a pink dress.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

so is this person police tracked down the person who made the crimestoppers call?

sorry i didnt read above comments before posting question!

i stand corrected. a person provided information a few days later.

yes i am stating that 1271 called back a few minutes later.
i have read and reread that newspaper link re caller 1267 and 1271 and the due to those calls ....the police connected to another person who provided a further pic of Khandalyce in a pink dress a few days later .That pic showed Khandalyce standing behind a brown stroller in a pink dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog