Australia - Khandalyce Pearce (Wynarka) and Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so this mom and baby were murdered basically for welfare fraud? I don't get it, it isn't that much money. some ppl are savages.

So how is it DH ends up in NSW? The prison or prison state he resided prior?

who was charged with two counts of murder in December last year, is accused of murdering Karlie Pearce-Stevenson in late 2008, five days before he killed her daughter Khandalyce.
There is significant material still outstanding from South Australia, Northern Territory, Queensland and the ACT,” crown prosecutor Victoria Engels told Magistrate Les Mabbutt.
*BBM
Sam Buckingham-Jones
The Australian
11:46AM September 8, 2016

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...l/news-story/c3e5e5e19d10f0d3740fddbbd511d172

Because police allege both murders were committed in NSW?
But I'm not sure how it all works on the legal side of things with other states involved.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-28/daniel-holdom-appears-in-court-via-video-link/7119774
Holdom, 41, is also accused of murdering the girl's mother, Karlie Pearce-Stevenson, about five days before her daughter, at Belanglo in NSW, where her remains were discovered in 2010.
The child's body was found dumped near the Karoonda Highway, in South Australia's Murray Mallee region, last year.
But police believe she was murdered at Wallaroo, north of Canberra, in December 2008.

There maybe more to it. But $90000 out of bank accounts the cops know about, any cash, or drug debt. Someone might have owed someone some money, and then was a reward on her head??? There was definitely fraud. Long distance, short periods.
I wont be surprised if there were bigger players in this.....

This is one of the better later map outcomes by Plongi. There was a lot of driving.

attachment.php

Plongi #207 Thread 9 - Page 14
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/en...rlie-Pearce-Stevenson-Belanglo/page4#comments

Random open notes blog space:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/en...nfo-Karlie-Pearce-Stevenson-Belanglo#comments

so this mom and baby were murdered basically for welfare fraud? I don't get it, it isn't that much money. some ppl are savages.

Single mum with baby in back makes for good cover on the outback road notorious for drug trafficking. Single mum no cash, desperate, easily lured into drug trafficking. Then killed and robbed by monsters.

I dare say someone needed a cover vehicle, and a non criminal record mule to travel with that wouldnt set off alarms on the police database in a pursuit car.

South Australia is notorious for dope growing due to its indifferent dope growing laws. Traffickers pick up in SA then come back over the border. Note, there was a trip to Mt Gambier in South Australia out of the immediate route to Canberra. You have to wonder if that is where someone did a considerable gunga pick up???

Major drug crop destroyed as 423 cannabis plants seized in Mt Gambier
http://www.borderwatch.com.au/story/1365060/major-drug-crop-destroyed-as-423-cannabis-plants-seized/

Down to Mount Gambier then over to Canberra was no holiday I think.

attachment.php

Image: Crabstick

Yes it is all a bit confusing.

Then, on October 8, the first call came through that not only provided a breakthrough but linked the two investigations in the most tragic way.

The caller outlined that single mother Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson and her daughter Khandalyce had been missing for six years.

"The initial caller identified that Karlie and Khandalyce had been missing since about 2009, although at the time of the call there wasn't a missing person report in existence," South Australia Police Detective Superintendent Des Bray said.

That call was the 1267th received by South Australian detectives in relation to the Wynarka investigation.

Four calls later, someone provided a photograph showing Khandalyce in a stroller with the quilt that was found in the suitcase with her bones. Then a later photograph showed Khandalyce wearing a pink dress found in the suitcase.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/the-call-...ng-murder-investigations-20151021-gkf1q7.html

I would like to learn what 1266 previous callers did know ... :thinking: :D

November is going to be a busy months by the sounds of it

Shame Karlie is deceased. Id like to know where this came from. Whether it was given to her etc. Its a custom quilt.

27-July-quilt-collage.jpg

Shame Karlie is deceased. Id like to know where this came from. Whether it was given to her etc. Its a custom quilt.

It's already been mentioned that Karlie's mother made it.

Do you think he'll appear and interested members of the public will be able to attend? Is it worth attending at this early stage if only to have a look-see?

As both hearings are only a mention, it could well be over in minutes. Nothing to see here basically. The committal hearing (when it is eventually designated) will be of more interest but I'm not sure if it will be an open court. IMO we won't see any 'movement' with this case until early next year.

"A woman in a wheelchair, accompanied by a man, impersonated Pearce-Stevenson to staff at a credit union in June 2010 using her identity documents. Another woman impersonated her at a Centrelink office in South Australia the same year, using identity documents for Pearce-Stevenson and her daughter Khandalyce.[SUP]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death...son_and_Khandalyce_Pearce#cite_note-90K-ID-13

This is from Wikipedia, so might be dubious, but am interested if there is still another woman involved in this investigation.
[/SUP]
I remember that identity documents were found in DH's relatives house, his sister specifically, if I'm remembering correctly.
So there's an example of a possible second woman...
There could have also been another "love interest" in on the act after the breakdown of HP and DH'S relationship. MOO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

27-July-quilt-collage.jpg
Wasn't it made for Khandalyce by either Karlies mother or grandmother?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

So if he pleads guilty it could be 2 weeks, not guilty could be June next year. eeeewwwweee too long

Thanks for the heads up on the quilt.

As both hearings are only a mention, it could well be over in minutes. Nothing to see here basically. The committal hearing (when it is eventually designated) will be of more interest but I'm not sure if it will be an open court. IMO we won't see any 'movement' with this case until early next year.

So if he pleads guilty it could be 2 weeks, not guilty could be June next year. eeeewwwweee too long

RSBM].

Thanks for the heads up, Makara and crabby. It would be interesting if only to 'get a feel' for him IRL. You'd probably have to scrub yourself with bleach afterward for a very long time though. If it's an 'open court' for the committal hearing, I'm sure there will be 'watchers'.

Thanks for the heads up on the quilt.

If he chooses to remain silent as he has in the past & if in his silence he pleads neither guilty or not guilty then I assume the court would automatically interpret his silence as not guilty.

If he chooses to remain silent as he has in the past & if in his silence he pleads neither guilty or not guilty then I assume the court would automatically interpret his silence as not guilty.

From what I understand after reading the following, the answer to your question would be yes, SA.

CRIMINAL PROCEDURE ACT 1986 - SECT 155

Refusal to plead

155 Refusal to plead

'If an accused person who is arraigned stands mute, or will not answer directly to the indictment, the court may order a plea of “not guilty” to be entered on behalf of the accused person, and the plea so entered has the same effect as if the accused person had actually pleaded “not guilty”.'

s155 Refusal to plead

CRIMINAL PROCEDURE ACT 1986
- As at 12 October 2016
- Act 209 of 1986

Remembering ^^^

(avatar)

... and waiting :waiting: :pullhair:

From what I understand after reading the following, the answer to your question would be yes, SA.

CRIMINAL PROCEDURE ACT 1986 - SECT 155

Refusal to plead

155 Refusal to plead

'If an accused person who is arraigned stands mute, or will not answer directly to the indictment, the court may order a plea of “not guilty” to be entered on behalf of the accused person, and the plea so entered has the same effect as if the accused person had actually pleaded “not guilty”.'

s155 Refusal to plead

CRIMINAL PROCEDURE ACT 1986
- As at 12 October 2016
- Act 209 of 1986

Sorry symbah I meant this for you, not SouthAussie. D'oh *facepalm*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors