Australia - Khandalyce Pearce (Wynarka) and Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The calls to Crime Stoppers SA that cracked baffling murders in South Australia

Meagan Dillon, The Advertiser
July 24, 2016 8:47pm

KARLIE PEARCE-STEVENSON and KHANDALYCE PEARCE MURDERS

THE discovery of a child’s remains in a suitcase next to the Karoonda Hwy, near Wynarka, captured the nation’s attention. With limited information, police sought the public’s help to solve this baffling mystery.

Crime Stoppers received unprecedented call volumes from people, and it was ultimately two critical calls — the 1267th and 1271st — to Crime Stoppers that provided key breakthroughs that led to the identification of the remains of the young girl and her mother.

<modsnip>

Thanks for this Makara.
<modsnip>
From my understanding, caller 1267 & caller 1271 are different people.

Thanks for this Makara.
<modsnip>
From my understanding, caller 1267 & caller 1271 are different people.

Caller 1267 and 1271 are the same person. She had to phone back and happened to get the same operator. She also had to quote the reference number given to her for call 1267.

Caller 1267 and 1271 are the same person. She had to phone back and happened to get the same operator. She also had to quote the reference number given to her for call 1267.

I remember reading that too along the line somewhere, but its somewhat conflicting from msm reports.

http://www.territorystories.nt.gov....ritory News_20151022_page04_NTNews_News_4.PDF
He said a second important call to Crimestoppers &#8211; num- ber 1271 &#8211; a short time after the initial one provided more vital information. It came from an associate of the first caller.

Yes it is all a bit confusing.

Then, on October 8, the first call came through that not only provided a breakthrough but linked the two investigations in the most tragic way.

The caller outlined that single mother Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson and her daughter Khandalyce had been missing for six years.

"The initial caller identified that Karlie and Khandalyce had been missing since about 2009, although at the time of the call there wasn't a missing person report in existence," South Australia Police Detective Superintendent Des Bray said.

That call was the 1267th received by South Australian detectives in relation to the Wynarka investigation.

Four calls later, someone provided a photograph showing Khandalyce in a stroller with the quilt that was found in the suitcase with her bones. Then a later photograph showed Khandalyce wearing a pink dress found in the suitcase.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/the-call-...ng-murder-investigations-20151021-gkf1q7.html

So who was "suitcase man"? Did we ever find out if he was real?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know, Frankie. I'm also not sure if the wandering 'Suitcase Man' left Khandalyce's remains on the side of the road. I highly suspect her alleged murderer or one of his associates as being responsible.

I don't know, Frankie. I'm also not sure if the wandering 'Suitcase Man' left Khandalyce's remains on the side of the road. I highly suspect her alleged murderer or one of his associates as being responsible.

I remember reading that LE are quite sure the suitcase and Khandalyce were dumped by her alleged murderer along that road back in 2008, though someone must have moved it closer to the road years later. Here's a link that includes this theory.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-15/holdom-charged-over-murder-of-khandalyce-kiara-pearce/7029280

Thanks Morrisa. Quoted in part from your link.

Police are waiting for evidence to arrive from across Australia in the case against the man accused of murdering a 20-year-old mother and her 2-year-old toddler before dumping their bodies in separate states.

A Sydney local court today heard prosecutors are liaising with interstate counterparts to complete the brief of evidence.

“There is significant material still outstanding from South Australia, Northern Territory, Queensland and the ACT,” crown prosecutor Victoria Engels told Magistrate Les Mabbutt.

It was estimated about 85 per cent of the total evidence against Mr Holdom had been compiled.

The matter will return to court in November.

did they recover all of the baby girl's bones? I hope none were taken by animals - or by ghouls.

I got lost trying to follow this case, I recall them saying the baby girl was alive for some time aftr mom was killed, was there any explanation why? were they going to keep her then randomly thought the better of it?

I got lost trying to follow this case, I recall them saying the baby girl was alive for some time aftr mom was killed, was there any explanation why? were they going to keep her then randomly thought the better of it?

The WHY of all of this shocking crime is what we are all waiting for DH to tell us. .

It's quite interesting to me that no charges appear to have been brought against his ex even though a lady in a wheelchair featured quite heavily in the outline of what appeared to take place in regard to bank accounts, centre link etc. I wonder if she managed some very good plea-bargaining.

Under sub-justice I will say, the POI is in Cessnock, which might be a clue.

The fact it was in between cairns (roadside indicators) may mean someone was hoping to come back, or had affiliation with that point. A sleeping point for a trafficker? It did have a slip road.

I remember reading that LE are quite sure the suitcase and Khandalyce were dumped by her alleged murderer along that road back in 2008, though someone must have moved it closer to the road years later. Here's a link that includes this theory.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-15/holdom-charged-over-murder-of-khandalyce-kiara-pearce/7029280

What will the wheelchair ex tell the police? Which we will intern hear. Someone did a deal?

The WHY of all of this shocking crime is what we are all waiting for DH to tell us. .

It's quite interesting to me that no charges appear to have been brought against his ex even though a lady in a wheelchair featured quite heavily in the outline of what appeared to take place in regard to bank accounts, centre link etc. I wonder if she managed some very good plea-bargaining.

If someone hears the source of that custom quilt in proceeds, please let me know. Thanks.

"A woman in a wheelchair, accompanied by a man, impersonated Pearce-Stevenson to staff at a credit union in June 2010 using her identity documents. Another woman impersonated her at a Centrelink office in South Australia the same year, using identity documents for Pearce-Stevenson and her daughter Khandalyce.[SUP]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death...son_and_Khandalyce_Pearce#cite_note-90K-ID-13

This is from Wikipedia, so might be dubious, but am interested if there is still another woman involved in this investigation.
[/SUP]

Crabstick, DH is not in Cessnock jail. He is in Silverwater jail and has been since his arrest for the murder of Karlie. Prior to his arrest DH was in Cessnock jail for an unrelated charge.

Me too. I couldn't believe how police had not arrested wheelchair. I was amazed at how relaxed wheelchair was considering what appeared to be fraud
Brushing out a few cob webs, hadn't we established Kharlie already dead?

"A woman in a wheelchair, accompanied by a man, impersonated Pearce-Stevenson to staff at a credit union in June 2010 using her identity documents. Another woman impersonated her at a Centrelink office in South Australia the same year, using identity documents for Pearce-Stevenson and her daughter Khandalyce.[SUP]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death...son_and_Khandalyce_Pearce#cite_note-90K-ID-13

This is from Wikipedia, so might be dubious, but am interested if there is still another woman involved in this investigation.
[/SUP]

im in the states so im not familiar w the Australian prison system. Is cessnock a prison for sex offenders? :( I hope that poor baby girl didn't have that

Under sub-justice I will say, the POI is in Cessnock, which might be a clue.

The fact it was in between cairns (roadside indicators) may mean someone was hoping to come back, or had affiliation with that point. A sleeping point for a trafficker? It did have a slip road.

What will the wheelchair ex tell the police? Which we will intern hear. Someone did a deal?

Thanks Makara for correcting me. I had lost track of what had happened.

DH 41, was taken from Silverwater jail on Tuesday morning to Parramatta police station, where he was charged by homicide detectives.
The 41-year-old is accused of murdering Khandalyce sometime between 2.17am on December 19 and 12.52am on December 20, 2008, in NSW.

http://www.northerndailyleader.com....man-charged-with-murder-of-khandalyce-pearce/

The Silverwater Correctional Complex, an Australian maximum and minimum security prison complex for males and females, is located in Silverwater, 21 kilometres west of the Sydney central business district in New South Wales, Australia. Wikipedia

When they are first sentenced, the majority of NSW prisoners are sent to the Metropolitan Remand and Reception Centre at Silverwater Prison.
http://www.sydneycriminallawyers.co...f-you-have-a-loved-one-at-silverwater-prison/

Crabstick, DH is not in Cessnock jail. He is in Silverwater jail and has been since his arrest for the murder of Karlie. Prior to his arrest DH was in Cessnock jail for an unrelated charge.

In 2015, when the remains of two-year-old Khandalyce Pearce were discovered in a suitcase on the side of a South Australian highway, the whole of Australia was knocked back with shock. It was the work of Dr Neville and her team that uncovered the DNA link
http://www.smooth.com.au/latest/what-does-it-take-catch-murderer

Police suspect some of those involved in the murder of Karlie and Khandalyce Pearce-Stevenson hijacked the pair's identities after killing them and raked in about $90,000 across multiple states and territories.
In an extraordinary development on Tuesday, South Australian police revealed Ms Pearce-Stevenson's phone was also used after she was killed to provide "proof of life" to her family and friends.
The young mother's skeleton was found in the Belanglo State Forest in August 2010

http://www.northerndailyleader.com....man-charged-with-murder-of-khandalyce-pearce/

It may have been for the purpose of proof of life fraud cvaldez1975

Wondering whether DH had become a heavy meth user in the end??

So how is it DH ends up in NSW? The prison or prison state he resided prior?

who was charged with two counts of murder in December last year, is accused of murdering Karlie Pearce-Stevenson in late 2008, five days before he killed her daughter Khandalyce.
There is significant material still outstanding from South Australia, Northern Territory, Queensland and the ACT,&#8221; crown prosecutor Victoria Engels told Magistrate Les Mabbutt.
*BBM
Sam Buckingham-Jones
The Australian
11:46AM September 8, 2016

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...l/news-story/c3e5e5e19d10f0d3740fddbbd511d172

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oh_silly_me