Australia - Khandalyce Pearce (Wynarka) and Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that a certain person has been convicted in Alice Springs, is it ok to post about that person, or is it still not allowable to discuss it here?

Just alert on your post and ask.

Greetings Makara - long time no speak.

Any news on the committal hearing date?

And for anyone interested in NSW: "A committal is a hearing in the Local Court before the charge is heard in the District Court or Supreme Court. In the committal hearing a Magistrate decides whether the prosecution has enough evidence for your case to be committed for trial, or sentence."

Should put paid to the "lack of evidence" commentary if it passes Committal and I also assume as being a manslaughter or murder charge it will bypass the district court.

There is listing for another two mentions on 16 May.

Greetings Makara - long time no speak.

Any news on the committal hearing date?

And for anyone interested in NSW: "A committal is a hearing in the Local Court before the charge is heard in the District Court or Supreme Court. In the committal hearing a Magistrate decides whether the prosecution has enough evidence for your case to be committed for trial, or sentence."

Should put paid to the "lack of evidence" commentary if it passes Committal and I also assume as being a manslaughter or murder charge it will bypass the district court.

Hey Wolfinator, nice to see you here. The 'lack of evidence' commentary is ridiculous isn't it? Holdom has been arrested and charged with the murder of Karlie and Khandalyce. To be arrested and charged, the police would have irrefutable evidence that Holdom is the murderer. It all just has to played out in court now.

The fact that the gutless wonder hasn't pleaded his case at all leaves it up to the court to take his 'silence' as a not guilty plea in which case there has to be a committal hearing for the reason you mentioned above. All so that this gets a fair trial. Pfftt! Hang the *advertiser censored* I say!

Another mention on the 30th May..............!

Nothing new on the horizon with this case? Seems to be dragging on am awful long time

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

I'm thinking that this case will finally come before the court in about September of this year. I just so wish it was sooner but the investigators have an enormous amount of evidence to wade through, which takes in the NT, SA, ACT, NSW and who knows where else. This is not one murder but two, a mother and her three year old daughter! Then there is the fraud connected to this case on a huge scale, although I feel that Hazel Passmore has done a deal with the SA police to save her own sorry arse. She is beyond despicable!

I'm personally so looking forward to Holdom's trial, for the simple fact that he will ultimately be found guilty of the murders of both Karlie and Kandalyce. This needs to be hung, drawn and quartered! Instead he will get to live out the rest of his life at the Australian taxpayer's expense. Something to be said for the noose or the electric chair in some cases isn't there?

What do "mentions" entail?

A mention is like a status update of a matter that is before the court, here it would be to determine whether the case is ready for trial or if the parties need more time to disclose or consider evidence etc. Like Makara said, it's a highly complex case crossing multiple jurisdictions, so it's reasonable for it to take a long time. Frustrating all the same.

I am surprised this case is not being heard in court yet. September?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90