Found Deceased Australia - Kristie Powell, 39, Bellambi NSW 4th October, 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

sleepinoz

Reaction score
Police hunting killer of mum found dead near baby son in home

Police hunting killer after body of mum, 39, found near uninjured infant son in home

Detective Inspector Brad Ainsworth from the New South Wales Police said the woman was found at the Bellambi property, north of Wollongong, by a friend at about 1.10am.

9NEWS understands the mother is 39-year-old Kristie Powell.

"She had a significant amount of blood on her and some injures," Det. Insp. Ainsworth said.

"She was pronounced deceased at the scene.

"She's a 39-year-old lady, she lives alone there with a five-month-old son. The little boy was in the bedroom. He was uninjured and unharmed."

Attachments

• 18.10.05 1.jpg
    18.10.05 1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 75
Her FB

Kristie Powell

Interesting post March 17th

And her Company

Bow Wow Play School & Boarding

I would think the police have someone assisting with the investigation, at this very moment.

A WOMAN who was killed inside her home had complained about a stalker who called himself the “reaper”, called her up to 100 times a day and left messages telling her to die.

In chilling Facebook messages on Ms Powell’s Facebook page — in the months leading up to the grim discovery at her Wollongong home overnight — the 39-year-old said she stopped answering private phone calls because she had a stalker.
Visitor’s grim discovery inside home

They have CCTV.

Ms Powell, who lived alone with her young son, had suffered serious injuries to her upper body and head from a sharp object ....

'We will do a search, [we have] obtained CCTV from nearby residents and businesses. We will go through that and hopefully, our investigation bears fruit.'

'[It's a] pretty quiet, nice area. The only people that come down here, live here,' one resident told Nine News.
Chilling messages mother, 39, was bombarded with by stalker before she was found dead in Bellambi | Daily Mail Online

In May, she told her friends they shouldn’t call her on a private number because she was allegedly being harassed by a man who left messages saying “Die Kristie Die”

“He is mentally unwell & I have contacted the police about him on a few occasions but there is nothing that they can really do as he is considered nonthreatening!?” she wrote.

“Even tho most of his messages say ‘Die Kristie Die’ he doesn’t approach me or my house, he just calls me or sends me msgs (sometimes I get over 100 a day!)

“But none of them make any sense! He calls himself the Reaper & thinks that he is way more important than he is. Most of the time it is highly amusing & entertaining really. He needs serious help but the mental health system just keep releasing him.”

According to the FB post, this man was an ex-employee of hers, her business is at her home.

Her FB

Kristie Powell

Interesting post March 17th

And her Company

Bow Wow Play School & Boarding

In May, she told her friends they shouldn’t call her on a private number because she was allegedly being harassed by a man who left messages saying “Die Kristie Die”

“He is mentally unwell & I have contacted the police about him on a few occasions but there is nothing that they can really do as he is considered nonthreatening!?” she wrote.

“Even tho most of his messages say ‘Die Kristie Die’ he doesn’t approach me or my house, he just calls me or sends me msgs (sometimes I get over 100 a day!)

“But none of them make any sense! He calls himself the Reaper & thinks that he is way more important than he is. Most of the time it is highly amusing & entertaining really. He needs serious help but the mental health system just keep releasing him.”

According to the FB post, this man was an ex-employee of hers, her business is at her home.

OMG! I imagine he's been tracked down already.
Hoping the cops have her phone.
This is horrible.

I'm sick of everyone thinking they're entitled.

ENTITLED - feeling that you have the right to do or have what you want without having to work for it or deserve it, just because of who you are:

I am wondering if this man and the baby's father are one and the same person.

As a 'friend' discovered Kristie at 1:10am, perhaps there was a romantic interest in her life ... someone the stalker was very angry about.

Police said the baby was taken to the hospital and was now in the care of his grandparents.
Police are yet to locate and speak to the father.
“That is part of our investigation,” he said.

But the man also said there was often screaming coming from the home.
“We would hear quite a few screaming matches from her home between her and various partners.

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph
October 5, 2018

Last edited:
Why would the police consider this nonthreatening?

IMO because he hasn't been physically abusive, just verbally abusive.

This happens so much in our society, it can be very difficult for Police to take action. Laws need to change.

If he is the one that has done this to Kristie, there will be questions that need to be answered.

Yes, if he has done this, I think there will be lots of questions.

There is a law against stalking, and the behaviour exhibited is part of those laws.

Unfortunately, his (unstated) mental ailment may have interfered with stalking charges?

"The person being stalked may only realise they are being stalked once they identify a pattern of strange or suspicious incidents occurring, such as:
phone calls
text messages
messages left on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter etc.
notes left on the their car
strange or unwanted gifts left at their home
an awareness that they are being followed
being continually stared at or gestured to by another person.

The person being stalked can often develop a sense of loss of control over their lives and can be forced into changing their routine and behaviours.

The criminal offence of stalking is contained under section 13 Crimes (Domestic and Personal Violence) Act 2007. To prove an offence of stalking the police must be able to produce evidence to a court. The police evidence must prove that the accused person stalked another person with the intention of causing another person to fear physical or mental harm."
What is Stalking? - NSW Police Public Site

Wow. So sad. Even worse if it was that stalker that the police previously considered non threatening. I have a mutual friend with her on Facebook also.

I got the impression from her pregnancy reveal post that she'd possibly used a sperm donor and there was no baby Daddy.

Wow. So sad. Even worse if it was that stalker that the police previously considered non threatening. I have a mutual friend with her on Facebook also.

I got the impression from her pregnancy reveal post that she'd possibly used a sperm donor and there was no baby Daddy.

I got the same impression, but if they are reporting that they were trying to contact the father as in SA's link - I could be wrong.

Police are yet to locate and speak to the father.
“That is part of our investigation,” he said.

I got that impression too ... but then the comment about "finding the father being part of the investigation" made me wonder if it was more of a private arrangement between friends.

Besides wanting to know who the stalker is, I would like to know who was visiting at 1.10am and found her?

I think it's a bit unusual for someone to visit at that time on a Friday morning, even if she hadn't responded to texts/phone calls.

Besides wanting to know who the stalker is, I would like to know who was visiting at 1.10am and found her?

I think it's a bit unusual for someone to visit at that time on a Friday morning, even if she hadn't responded to texts/phone calls.
I saw on ABC24 news this morning during a live cross with reporter Mark Reddie, that it was a female friend who found her.

There were a few comments by neighbours that I wasn't too sure about.
For example, why would a neighbour not be concerned about police cars on the street at 1:30am and just go back to sleep?

Another neighbour woke to her dog barking at police when they arrived in the street at 1.30 this morning, and said, “we looked out the window and saw a couple of police cars but I didn’t think anything of it and went straight back to sleep.”

And what is this neighbour getting at?

Another neighbour, Barry, said “a lot of people come in and out of that house.”

Woman dead in Lorking Street Bellambi house with baby unharmed
October 5, 2018

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads