Found Deceased Australia - Kristie Powell, 39, Bellambi NSW 4th October, 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I got the impression that she was single and probably casually dating (i.e. no one exclusively), ended up pregnant, and decided to raise the child on her own.

Possibly the father was uninterested in raising the child so she chose to be a single parent? Or maybe she didn't even tell him?

All JMO.

There were a few comments by neighbours that I wasn't too sure about.
For example, why would a neighbour not be concerned about police cars on the street at 1:30am and just go back to sleep?

Another neighbour woke to her dog barking at police when they arrived in the street at 1.30 this morning, and said, “we looked out the window and saw a couple of police cars but I didn’t think anything of it and went straight back to sleep.”

And what is this neighbour getting at?

Another neighbour, Barry, said “a lot of people come in and out of that house.”

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph
Woman dead in Lorking Street Bellambi house with baby unharmed
October 5, 2018

RBBM...I got the impression that she runs a doggie daycare out of her home and that's what he was referring to?

RBBM...I got the impression that she runs a doggie daycare out of her home and that's what he was referring to?

Yes, maybe. I thought it was a curious comment when looking at it in relationship to the crime - as that is what everyone was buzzing about at the time - I can't imagine anyone having their dog looked after by Kristie wanting to murder her.
Though, maybe the journo just asked 'what do you know about Kristie' (as in, general information).

I did notice, too, that 'a neighbour' had complained to the council about Kristie's doggie daycare, but that would be a whole different issue, I think.

7 News Sydney

Detectives investigating the murder of new mum Kristie Powell want to speak with Bhanu Kirkman. Police say the 29-year-old is known to frequent the Illawarra, Shoalhaven and Sydney areas. The mother was found dead inside her Bellambi home with her 5-month-old baby boy just metres away in his room.

Report on 7 News at 6pm.

Police statement: Police are appealing for public assistance to locate a man wanted on an outstanding warrant. Bhanu Kirkman, 29, is wanted by virtue of an outstanding arrest warrant in relation to a number of offences including, fraud, resist officer in the execution of duty, possess prohibited drug, and custody of a knife in a public place. Officers from Wollongong Police District have commenced inquiries to locate the man. He is described as being of Indian Sub-Continental appearance, about 180cm-185cm tall, of large build, has black hair, a beard and moustache. Bhanu Kirkman is known to frequent the Illawarra, Shoalhaven and Sydney areas using the rail network. Anyone who sees Bhanu Kirkman or believes they know of his whereabouts is urged to contact Triple Zero (000) immediately.

Sounds like Bhanu Kirkman is the one who used to work at Kristie's doggie daycare, and wasn't deemed a threat.

The Telegraph are saying that there is a manhunt on for him. I think maybe the CCTV everywhere has paid off. Plus I think he may have been dripping clues along the way - judging by the yellow evidence markers outside Kristie's home in pics in the Telegraph yesterday.

Manhunt underway after Wollongong mother's body found next to baby

DETECTIVES investigating the murder of Wollongong mum Kristie Powell have identified a man they believe can assist with their inquiries.
It is understood Kirkman once worked for 39-year-old Ms Powell’s dog day care business, Bow Wow Playschool & Boarding.

502c4f199743a3f1297dceb03e2ffd7a

Police search Corrimal train station yesterday.

Man wanted for questioning over young mum’s murder in Bellambi
- an hour ago

Here are some of the evidence markers in the DT pics yesterday.

I think there is a good chance he cut himself as well. They say that often happens due to slippage.

I would say that they are protecting something with those upside-down cans that they have next to the evidence markers. Looks like it had maybe been raining.

6e139e8d91098880d0715c15e97b2354
556b3932615916e8f015490d9c6bb809

ff1f63178763bf3d24605980740fe22c
42fcea6ad24eeb4abc37b3c68e314e5e

Last edited:
In May, she told her friends they shouldn’t call her on a private number because she was allegedly being harassed by a man who left messages saying “Die Kristie Die”

“He is mentally unwell & I have contacted the police about him on a few occasions but there is nothing that they can really do as he is considered nonthreatening!?” she wrote.

“Even tho most of his messages say ‘Die Kristie Die’ he doesn’t approach me or my house, he just calls me or sends me msgs (sometimes I get over 100 a day!)

“But none of them make any sense! He calls himself the Reaper & thinks that he is way more important than he is. Most of the time it is highly amusing & entertaining really. He needs serious help but the mental health system just keep releasing him.”

Visitor’s grim discovery inside home

According to the FB post, this man was an ex-employee of hers, her business is at her home.

So many of these women, have contacted Police about men, causing them anxiety.
Down the track, the women are murdered, having lived in fear for some time.
Here, we have another case.

So many of these women, have contacted Police about men, causing them anxiety.
Down the track, the women are murdered, having lived in fear for some time.
Here, we have another case.

Police are saying that Kristie never made a formal complaint.
If she made no formal complaint, there is nothing for them to follow up. I don't think that they can issue a warning if they have no written basis to do that.

Police have said they never received any formal complaint from Ms Powell about the alleged stalking ....
Police looking for ex-employee of mum found dead

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stahoe
Back