Found Deceased Australia - Kristie Powell, 39, Bellambi NSW 4th October, 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In May, she told her friends they shouldn’t call her on a private number because she was allegedly being harassed by a man who left messages saying “Die Kristie Die”

“He is mentally unwell & I have contacted the police about him on a few occasions but there is nothing that they can really do as he is considered nonthreatening!?” she wrote.

“Even tho most of his messages say ‘Die Kristie Die’ he doesn’t approach me or my house, he just calls me or sends me msgs (sometimes I get over 100 a day!)

“But none of them make any sense! He calls himself the Reaper & thinks that he is way more important than he is. Most of the time it is highly amusing & entertaining really. He needs serious help but the mental health system just keep releasing him.”

Visitor’s grim discovery inside home

According to the FB post, this man was an ex-employee of hers, her business is at her home.

In this Post, it states Kristie contacted the Police, several times.!!!

In this Post, it states Kristie contacted the Police, several times.!!!

Yes, I have read her FB page. But calling the police is not the same as lodging a formal complaint. The police would have asked her if she wanted to lodge a formal complaint. Go in .. sit down .. show them what was happening .. sign a statement.

On her FB page she mostly laughed it off.

Perhaps she did not feel fearful enough to lodge a formal complaint. Who knows? A police warning or restraining order may have circumvented the whole thing, or it may not have.

I was told by police at a South Sydney station, that they couldn't do anything if I hadn't lost anything. I was reporting on identity theft. Well by the time I could report it, it would have harmed me right? So there was never a "formal complaint". Such is their attitude. I am sorry someone had to die in this case. It is not for the lack of laws.

I was told by police at a South Sydney station, that they couldn't do anything if I hadn't lost anything. I was reporting on identity theft. Well by the time I could report it, it would have harmed me right? So there was never a "formal complaint". Such is their attitude. I am sorry someone had to die in this case. It is not for the lack of laws.

One of Kristie's friends from Woolongong says that she was having the same problem, and police were taking it very seriously.
The FB exchange about it was from 7 months ago.

I personally think Kristie had a good case for a formal stalking complaint, if she kept all those texts and phone call records. She seemed to think that the stalker's mental health issues were a hinderance.

Having said that, there are people (perps) who couldn't care less about potential police action or consequences. It doesn't seem to stop the violence against too many women and children.

I have wondered if Kristie had managed to get a msg to someone that night, before her front door was ripped off its hinges, and that is why a friend went to her place at 1:10am. (She had friends who stated they were happy to help with a stalker.)

Last edited:
Bhanu's facebook is still up. To be honest i find it quite difficult to align this Facebook account to reports of this crime. Often perpetrator's facebook accounts can give pretty strong hints of violence and threats in their Facebook posts and likes but this one seems pretty low on that type of content. MOO.

Bhanu's facebook is still up. To be honest i find it quite difficult to align this Facebook account to reports of this crime. Often perpetrator's facebook accounts can give pretty strong hints of violence and threats in their Facebook posts and likes but this one seems pretty low on that type of content. MOO.

He does seem to be educated and smart with numbers. I wonder when he went off the rails and started with his fraud and drug activities (as apparent by his outstanding warrants).
People are really giving it to him under one of his public posts.

I agree. Also, the photos of him from a few years ago look vastly different to the recent ones that police have put out. My guess was drugs.

Thank God he didn't harm the baby!

I don't think we are able to see the full content of his FB page though. Police have evidently been able to access far more than we can see, as well as likely accessing his phone and email records .... they had this to say.

"His commentary in general was probably very strong, very disturbing on facets of many things - not just pointed at the deceased. His overall commentary wasn't great."
'Die Kristie Die': Police hunt 'reaper' after mum's murder

I don't think we are able to see the full content of his FB page though. Police have evidently been able to access far more than we can see, as well as likely accessing his phone and email records .... they had this to say.

"His commentary in general was probably very strong, very disturbing on facets of many things - not just pointed at the deceased. His overall commentary wasn't great."
'Die Kristie Die': Police hunt 'reaper' after mum's murder
The guy is still out there somewhere. Once he realised the police was onto him, he could have deleted all the offensive Facebook posts.

What a difference a joint makes.
Man wanted for questioning after mum was found dead metres from baby

8d03566ab930f30f825caa81de47cd31

Looking through his Facebook photos..... he looks “normal” in many of them however in the fire twirling photos he looks vastly different from the other photos. He looks older a overweight. The other profile photos he uses where he looks slim and good looking are old photos. If you scroll through his photos they are from around 2008, however he has used them as his profile picture this year.
People can portray themselves however they like online.

Edited to add the following:
Also, some of his profile photos of cartoons to me a quite disturbing. Winnie the Pooh eating Christopher Robins brain and a skull with two swords crossed? I don’t care how intelligent someone is, those pictures aren’t normal.

Last edited:
Looking through his Facebook photos..... he looks “normal” in many of them however in the fire twirling photos he looks vastly different from the other photos. He looks older a overweight. The other profile photos he uses where he looks slim and good looking are old photos. If you scroll through his photos they are from around 2008, however he has used them as his profile picture this year.
People can portray themselves however they like online.

Edited to add the following:
Also, some of his profile photos of cartoons to me a quite disturbing. Winnie the Pooh eating Christopher Robins brain and a skull with two swords crossed? I don’t care how intelligent someone is, those pictures aren’t normal.

I agree ... we can mostly only see old stuff. When things were likely more 'normal'. Pics of his mum and him, pics of Uni times.
That Winnie the Pooh thing is super disturbing. Not sure how anyone can find that amusing or entertaining.

That darling baby - watching the video makes it so real - so sad for him to have to grow up without his mum.

I imagine the little one went through a pretty harrowing time during this murder. With the door being ripped off its hinges, the horrible violence that ensued, this wouldn't have been too quiet of a thing. His subconscious may be very disturbed by that ... let alone the adjustment issues he is going through now, with his mum suddenly not there.

I saw Kristie's brother on the news yesterday, speaking with a journo. He seemed to indicate that the little one is having a tough time at the moment, in addition to what the family are going through with such an awful ending of Kristie's life.

“The whole scenario sickens me,” Ms Powell’s brother Ryan told 7 News.
“Whoever has done this is a very, very sick person.”

See sleep's Ch7 video above for more.

Last edited:
You can see with his posts all through his Facebook dated back a few years he would post random things out of boredom and for attention. This man has been released from the mental health ward on a few occasions according to a post from Kristie and with him being much bigger than the old photos you see of him now, I imagine he is on some heavy duty medications. Those mixed with prohibited drugs would certainly be a deadly concoction.
Kristie was found in the hallway, most likely woken from her sleep to the scary break in. Seems like she didn’t even make it far to see what was going on. How terrifying!! I can’t believe he hasn’t been found already considering all the media out there now with his photos and warrant of his arrest.
He was wanted by police that day and after reviewing surveillance, it’s now also for homocide. I can’t wait to see him finally caught. I keep refreshing news feeds to see this happen!!! It’s so scary he is somewhere still out there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stahoe
Back