Australia Australia - Kyle Coleman, 17, Mount Isa, QLD, 22 Feb 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
First post on Websleuths, Hello everyone. I recognise some names from the Eeva and Greg Hutchings threads I was reading.:seeya:

As far as I know he hasn't been found yet. I'm not a local, but I live in the same state, and I've still seen him pop up on the news. I haven't seen anything in depth though, it doesn't seem there's a lot of info.

The death of his friend is really suspicious though. I hope this friend wasn't the only one that knew what happened that morning, surely someone else has some information they can come forward with?

Hoping for answers.

First post on Websleuths, Hello everyone. I recognise some names from the Eeva and Greg Hutchings threads I was reading.:seeya:

:wagon:

Welcome paddlekick! Hope to see a lot more of you around the threads.

Parents of missing Mount Isa teen Kyle Coleman make emotional plea for clues

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-...-emotional-plea-for-clues/5289990?section=qld

Kyle's father Rob Coleman says police need help to find his son.

"Somebody has got to have seen something - kids just don't go missing out of the blue," he said.

"Somewhere in Mount Isa - it's a small community - somebody has got to have known something, have seen something - no matter how small it is - anything that jogs your memory please call us, call in.

"It is very important that we keep the momentum to search for Kyle and make sure all resources are put to that task.

"It is extremely distressing for everybody - it has had a massive impact on the community here in Mount Isa."

Qld teen's disappearance baffles police

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.a...for-qld-teenager/story-fnjbnvyi-1226840317019

MORE than 80 people have spent almost a week desperately searching for a northwest Queensland teen whose disappearance has baffled police.

It's believed he'd earlier attended a party and was intending to walk the three kilometres from Soldiers Hill to his Parkside home, but he never arrived.

On Wednesday, police found the body of Kyle's 21-year-old friend, who'd been involved in the search for the teenager.

Police have said the death is not considered suspicious.

The man is thought to be the last person to see Kyle and the pair had visited a property near Camooweal, west of Mount Isa, the day before Kyle disappeared.

Mount Isa Inspector Trevor Kidd says there is no evidence to suggest the case is a murder-suicide.

Mrs Coleman is clinging to hope her son is ok.

"Kyle if you can come home, come home - if you can't, we're going to get you," she said.

BBM - that last comment is heartbreaking to read....

I have seen this on facebook a lot this week- starting to hit the MSM a lot more now. I hope his family find him, one way or another.

Oh I didn't realize they'd been at an out of town party .. He could be anywhere, this is really sad!

I hope they find it soon the temps are getting up to 33 degrees there with rain and thunderstorms.

Now I am confused. Was this man actually helping to search for Kyle or has he been missing for a while too and then found deceased?

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/21683518...man-backpacker-missing-in-outback-queensland/

I'm pretty sure that the deceased 21yr old suicided, he was one (or the) last to see Kyle before he disappeared. He also helped look for Kyle before his body was found on Wednesday.
There are also other missing persons that are not connected to either of these 2.

HTH's

I'm so puzzled and saddened by this. I've got a friend in Isa and first saw the missing persons poster on her FB last weekend. I'll have to contact her and see what the local thoughts are.

I hope he is OK, but TBH the friend suiciding makes me think that something happened that night and over the coming days the friend has realised that Kyle is still missing and less likely to come home, maybe he felt guilty about an argument or similar? I hope he hasn't taken secrets to the grave and I hope Kyle is safe!

I really feel for the families and friends of these 2 boys!

Another thought... There was a case a couple of months ago where a guy was found dead on the side of the road. It turned out that he'd fallen off the back of someone's motorbike. Said motorbike rider ended up suiciding... So so sad :(

It sounds to me like something has happened - most likely accidental - and the friend knew what happened (but maybe didn't know details, which is why he was trying to help).

It sounds to me like something has happened - most likely accidental - and the friend knew what happened (but maybe didn't know details, which is why he was trying to help).

'Helping police in the search' can be a euphemism for 'being repeatedly questioned as his story is not adding up, or the police think he knows more than he is telling' ..

Another thought... There was a case a couple of months ago where a guy was found dead on the side of the road. It turned out that he'd fallen off the back of someone's motorbike. Said motorbike rider ended up suiciding... So so sad :(

I wonder if something like this has happened Humdinger? It seems like the friend hung on for a few days but for whatever reason, just couldn't go on.

I could think of a few reasons (without really knowing much from MSM):

-guilt because he knows Kyle is dead - maybe an accident, or something more sinister
-embarrassment/regret - maybe something happened involving Kyle and his friend. Kyle has taken off and the friend couldn't face the repercussions (anything from a bad argument to something else).

I'm pretty sure that the deceased 21yr old suicided, he was one (or the) last to see Kyle before he disappeared. He also helped look for Kyle before his body was found on Wednesday.
There are also other missing persons that are not connected to either of these 2.

HTH's

I'm so puzzled and saddened by this. I've got a friend in Isa and first saw the missing persons poster on her FB last weekend. I'll have to contact her and see what the local thoughts are.

I hope he is OK, but TBH the friend suiciding makes me think that something happened that night and over the coming days the friend has realised that Kyle is still missing and less likely to come home, maybe he felt guilty about an argument or similar? I hope he hasn't taken secrets to the grave and I hope Kyle is safe!

I really feel for the families and friends of these 2 boys!

BBM Exactly my thoughts Humdinger. Alcohol + weapons + young guys is not necessarily a great combination. Anything could have gone down in the heat of the moment........

And I too feel so much for the families and friends of both boys. It's very, very sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llamb79
Back