Australia Australia - Kylie Blackwood, 42, Pakenham, Vic, 1 Aug 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How coincidental it is that he was seen looking into her house and she returns home soon after that. At which point he returns? Just saying.....it sounds like he was looking for her.

Absolutely :yes:

How coincidental it is that he was seen looking into her house and she returns home soon after that. At which point he returns? Just saying.....it sounds like he was looking for her.

Exactly!! It would be easier to rob a house while person is out.Not wait for them to come home to rob.And so much violence to a person just for a credit card!!

Perhaps by the time she returned, the killer was already in the house.

A burglary/break & enter?? Kylie arrives home & confronts the person inside her home.

Perhaps by the time she returned, the killer was already in the house.

A burglary/break & enter?? Kylie arrives home & confronts the person inside her home.

Perhaps...if she was found in any other position rather than sitting on her lounge this may be plausible.
But again, a random burglar is more likely to do whatever to immobilise the victim and leave, not slash them in the face and chest many many times (and then sit them on the lounge).

otherwise, i would say yes, this is a plausible explanation.

Perhaps...if she was found in any other position rather than sitting on her lounge this may be plausible.
But again, a random burglar is more likely to do whatever to immobilise the victim and leave, not slash them in the face and chest many many times (and then sit them on the lounge).

Agree he could of been in house already? but very rarely do they fight back and he never took anything police even said there was many nice things in view and was never touched, also the injuries she sustained where of a vicious nature and that shows it was a hit of some kind or a druggie off his head? But if a druggie surely he would of been to off his head and would of left more clue??

Well, that is the thing, IrisRising. There are s0o many conflicting reports. WHile most say she was dead when the girls found her, there is one that says that she was dying and another saying she was clinging to life (or something like that) and that the ambulance paramedics worked on her for a while. there are so many different reports it is confusing and i have to wonder why there is so much differing information.
Another article I read said she was 'bleeding heavily' when the girls found her. so forgetting the was she dead/dying argument, if she was described as heavily bleeding then the blood was moist (not dried) so I would imagine from that she died died not too long before that.

it is just such a horrific case. I really hope that they find who did it soon.

You're right about the conflicting info, EveD. This article states very clearly that Kylie was still alive when the girls found her:

Mrs Blackwood was found barely clinging to life by her twin 11-year-old daughters in their home almost two weeks ago. Ambulance officers were called but could not save her.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opi...-1226695853640

So if she was still alive, surely that alters the whole 'killed by 12.30pm' theory? Or am I wrong?

Would someone who has been stabbed numerous times, viciously, live that long afterward? I'd think not.

And if they did, wouldn't they try to drag themselves to the door? They wouldn't be sitting up on the lounge I would think.....

(it's awful to even speculate on this stuff - feels terrible to visualise whatever happened to Kylie in that house. May she find peace :rose:)

PS the mixed reports in MSM on her state when she was found suggest to me that LE don't want the public to know her time of death.

You're right about the conflicting info, EveD. This article states very clearly that Kylie was still alive when the girls found her:

Who do we believe - this article - the first one I can find on 2nd August says that she was already dead.

Detective Inspector John Potter from the homicide squad said the twins came home from school to find their 42-year-old mother dead at their McCaffrey Rise home about 3.40pm.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/twin-girls-find-murdered-mother-20130802-2r2vv.html#ixzz34Pl7pNOC

So if she was still alive, surely that alters the whole 'killed by 12.30pm' theory? Or am I wrong?

Would someone who has been stabbed numerous times, viciously, live that long afterward? I'd think not.

And if they did, wouldn't they try to drag themselves to the door? They wouldn't be sitting up on the lounge I would think.....

(it's awful to even speculate on this stuff - feels terrible to visualise whatever happened to Kylie in that house. May she find peace :rose:)

PS the mixed reports in MSM on her state when she was found suggest to me that LE don't want the public to know her time of death.

Yeah it's hard as the media print different times they even say the ambulance wasn't called till 3.40 but I know for a fact it was 3.20, let's hope they give more clues or find something that jogs someone's memory

Was her actual injuries that she sustained released at all?Does anyone actually know for sure what the injuries were?

Anything seems possible. What if the offender was looking for a vulnerable woman to attack but Kylie fought back. If the offender has issues with women maybe that's why the injuries were personal in nature (if they were). Then he takes her card as a last minute thought to mislead police, tosses the card which is picked up by some random who tries to use it. Probably not but who knows?

A lot of random burglars these days are ICE heads who will do the weirdest things.

Anything seems possible. What if the offender was looking for a vulnerable woman to attack but Kylie fought back. If the offender has issues with women maybe that's why the injuries were personal in nature (if they were). Then he takes her card as a last minute thought to mislead police, tosses the card which is picked up by some random who tries to use it. Probably not but who knows?

Why wasn't there any screams or noise? The only scream was at 10.30? And the dog barking? But she was seen after that, so if she had a chance to fight back surely u would scream and most likely those blood curdling screams fighting for ur life screams??

Was her actual injuries that she sustained released at all?Does anyone actually know for sure what the injuries were?

All that's been said is injuries her face, arms and torso. The neighbour said there was a lot of blood.

I'm just guessing knife attack was part of it, as injuries to the arms could indicate self-defense against a sharp weapon. But that's only a guess.

Why wasn't there any screams or noise? The only scream was at 10.30? And the dog barking? But she was seen after that, so if she had a chance to fight back surely u would scream and most likely those blood curdling screams fighting for ur life screams??

It's a horrible thought, but he could have injured her throat early in the attack..

Good points.

Another vague report in MSM, this time regarding the weapon:

It's thought she suffered multiple injuries, including to her hands and face, believed to be from a knife.

Police have not confirmed publicly if a weapon was used to attack Mrs Blackwood. And if one was used, as thought, whether the killer brought a knife with them or took one from the house.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...other8217s-death/story-fni0ffnk-1226738956486

I really think the vagueness is because LE want to keep their cards close to their chest for tactical reasons. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back