Australia Australia - Kylie Blackwood, 42, Pakenham, Vic, 1 Aug 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Unfortunately I don't think there is a lot of houses in or around the street have CCTV , and even the ones that have a camera could have fake ones ?

They got footage from those back in early days...I think that is how they noticed the 3rd guy acting suspicious.Wasn't it from someones cctv footage?

Yeah and she was seen putting rubbish in bin when she got home, was that to notify someone she was home?
What nights do the bins get collected in McCaffrey Rise. Were the bins out because they'd been emptied or due to be emptied?

I believe they were out, could of even been the recycle one too for some reason I remember seeing the yellow top bin

I can see in one of the photos her garbage bin is in the garage but the recycling bin is out on the curb. I wonder at what point the tradie gave his statement and whether it was before or after the bin was collected on the Friday morning. It just could have been significant to have known what she placed in the bin as it may have further assisted with the timing of her returning home. I also wonder if she went to the bin on the curb or the one in the garage. Most likely the curb for the trade to have heard her heels.

You may have seen the recycle bin being used to anchor the police tape. (Though why they would use that to anchor the tape is beyond me .. what if the perp touched it and left fingerprints?! Hopefully they completely checked it first!)

Would the bin be out by the curb so early on a Thursday (at least by noon-ish), for a Friday pickup? If so, I wonder who else's bins were out early in the area. Somewhere bloody clothes may have been dumped .... and taken the next day.

047629-pakenham-woman-039-s-suspicious-death.jpg

A coroner's van leaves the scene of the suspicious death of a mother of three in Pakenham.

And there was another bin inside the garage (regular rubbish or green bin?).

050414-pakenham-homicide-investigation.jpg

Police forensic investigators search for evidence in the garage at the scene at McCaffrey Rise, Pakenham where a mother-of-three was found dying by school-aged twins.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...-in-her-own-home/story-fni0fee2-1226689747612

In the video it shows the bin in garage buts its got plastic bag sticking out so bin full the way it's sitting u wouldn't be able to get the other car in garage so I do think cops brought it in to go thru it as bins was emptied Friday as they took the road block down and the truck came up like another normal day

The "shops" on Eagle Drive are just the one it's a Milk bar/Take away shop on corner of Eagle Drive and Balmoral.

Thanks for that. Google was telling me there was a food mart, a fish & chip shop, and a pizza place (each there at some point in time, I guess).

In the video it shows the bin in garage buts its got plastic bag sticking out so bin full the way it's sitting u wouldn't be able to get the other car in garage so I do think cops brought it in to go thru it as bins was emptied Friday as they took the road block down and the truck came up like another normal day

I wonder if they had a quick look in everyone's bin first. Unless they knew where the murder weapon was ... maybe it was left there. I don't believe they have ever said they were looking for a weapon .. or watch out in your gardens for a weapon (like they did in Morgan Huxley's case).

I wonder if they had a quick look in everyone's bin first. Unless they knew where the murder weapon was ... maybe it was left there. I don't believe they have ever said they were looking for a weapon .. or watch out in your gardens for a weapon (like they did in Morgan Huxley's case).

No didn't go thru other bins from what know

Thanks for that. Google was telling me there was a food mart, a fish & chip shop, and a pizza place (each there at some point in time, I guess).

Ahh google gotta love it!! When I drove past there yesterday morning was definately still just the Milkbar/takeaway there and as far as I can remember been there for some time.Then next nearest shops would be Main st.Or the other milk bar on Army rd but thats going further over....you also have a a pizza place and hairdressers,bike shop,another take away etc but they are down on Princes hwy and further along....could tell you where every shop etc was in Pakky but will be here all night and alas gotta go.Have good night peeps

I can see in one of the photos her garbage bin is in the garage but the recycling bin is out on the curb. I wonder at what point the tradie gave his statement and whether it was before or after the bin was collected on the Friday morning. It just could have been significant to have known what she placed in the bin as it may have further assisted with the timing of her returning home. I also wonder if she went to the bin on the curb or the one in the garage. Most likely the curb for the trade to have heard her heels.

Bin was out too ready for collection in morning as we have to put out day before.Police would have brought in after her murder so they could go through it and it couldn't get emptied.

You may have seen the recycle bin being used to anchor the police tape. (Though why they would use that to anchor the tape is beyond me .. what if the perp touched it and left fingerprints?! Hopefully they completely checked it first!)

Would the bin be out by the curb so early on a Thursday (at least by noon-ish), for a Friday pickup? If so, I wonder who else's bins were out early in the area. Somewhere bloody clothes may have been dumped .... and taken the next day

Good point SouthAussie about dumping bloody top in someones bin.He wouldn't have been stupid enough to dump in Kylie's bin..but yes there would have been other bins out around area or on other streets.As yes here lots of bins go out during day,even in mornings the day before collection.But then if he was seen hurrying away from house with what looked like a parcel under his arm.He probably had already removed bloody top inside house and put inside something.So thats what was in parcel under arm??

First of all let me say a big hello to all. I'm here as a complete newbie so hopefully I don't break any rules or step on any toes!

Like most concerned citizens I've been following the Kylie Blackwood case with interest and it is never a pleasant thing to see horrific crimes go unpunished for so long in our community. I have read most (not all) posts in this thread and will be posting my own thoughts over the coming days in the hope of shedding new light on the case and helping to bring the killer(s) to justice.

Over the past week or so the media announced that the suspect in the case used Kylie's cash-card at a local ATM, but due to errors (which the banks never seem to make when taking money from us!) the potential for a photo of the suspect was erased.

Now even after studying most of the available information I cannot figure out if the suspect made two or three attempts at withdrawing money. As mentioned, three attempts normally results in the card being withheld by the machine and a fraud attempt logged. Two attempts and the suspect would retain the card. (I will elaborate on the two attempts later.)

I recently spoke to a close contact who is, for want of a better term, an 'ATM' expert. I asked for his expert opinion on the ATM side of the case and he replied: ("I am very surprised that the photos cannot be retrieved, unless the bank has a policy of deleting the photos due to a strict privacy law, most companies back up their data files on a regular and rotating basis often to virtual tapes now, basically lots of cheap hard disk drives and therefore are able to restore almost anything. Additionally and certainly here in the (Edited for identity protection) legal hold requirements (for when we get sued) requires us to retain information for a considerable period of time.

Fumbling the search of card number usage does not provide much hope but they should be able to;

1. Detect the exact pattern of ATM usage, including the failed PIN attempts including the precise date and time. Information of this type does not get deleted, generally because the bank likes to prove customer fraud.

2. Provide specific contact details for the banks own customers using that ATM, or an ATM nearby, or branch facilities at that time. Additionally they should be able to reach out to other banks by providing the card numbers to them and hoping that the police receive peoples contact detail in return.

3. If the exact time of ATM usage was known then other CCTV footage in the area could be scoured for additional evidence."

So, if the suspect retained the card then it makes sense that he/she would attempt to use it again at a different location at a different time, possibly at another bank's ATM or a no-name. Cross-referencing the card number at other banks and locations may yield a cross match.

Hi frankcastle

:wagon:

I agree there is something fishy about no cctv of person using ATM and recorded use of cash card.
Unless, this person was an accomplice, maybe a female (or male) who has an alibi for the time of death of KB? Police hope this person will lead them to the killer?
Police withholding this bank information because......??? :confused:

First of all let me say a big hello to all. I'm here as a complete newbie so hopefully I don't break any rules or step on any toes!

Like most concerned citizens I've been following the Kylie Blackwood case with interest and it is never a pleasant thing to see horrific crimes go unpunished for so long in our community. I have read most (not all) posts in this thread and will be posting my own thoughts over the coming days in the hope of shedding new light on the case and helping to bring the killer(s) to justice.

Welcome Frankcastle..Looking forward to hearing what your thoughts are on everything concerning this case so far.

Welcome frankcastle hopefully the more on here putting out ideas we might stumble across something we didn't think of :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back