Australia Australia - Kylie Blackwood, 42, Pakenham, Vic, 1 Aug 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You may have seen the recycle bin being used to anchor the police tape. (Though why they would use that to anchor the tape is beyond me .. what if the perp touched it and left fingerprints?! Hopefully they completely checked it first!)

Would the bin be out by the curb so early on a Thursday (at least by noon-ish), for a Friday pickup? If so, I wonder who else's bins were out early in the area. Somewhere bloody clothes may have been dumped .... and taken the next day

Good point SouthAussie about dumping bloody top in someones bin.He wouldn't have been stupid enough to dump in Kylie's bin..but yes there would have been other bins out around area or on other streets.As yes here lots of bins go out during day,even in mornings the day before collection.But then if he was seen hurrying away from house with what looked like a parcel under his arm.He probably had already removed bloody top inside house and put inside something.So thats what was in parcel under arm??

I live at Pakenham. I'm not sure if all parts have their bins collected the same day (it's a pretty big suburb) but we put our bins out Tuesday for collection on Wednesday.

Thanks for the welcome all.

As I'm trying to piece theories together, does anyone know what Kylie did for a living? It seems to me that whoever was with her on that afternoon was there for a reason. I mean by all accounts the suspect arrived early, was seen peering into the house, and upon discovering no one home, promptly left only to return when Kylie was present.

Maybe she set a meet with her killer but didn't make it home on time? 'I'll be home between x and x' often isn't adhered to what with traffic and other snarls. The killer then returned when she was home and things turned sour.

It was a work day, therefore the killer was either unemployed, self-employed or had an RDO. People don't normally schedule days off work to burgle or commit serious crimes. Statistics show that most homicides are not pre-meditated.

If the perp was local, I'd be canvassing all real estate records for males that fit the description that moved out of the area in the following three months. Either from rental/share houses at one month intervals (as that is normal notice to vacate) or property sales (with a 90 day settlement at the earliest at standard.)

Then cross match those candidates with government records of those potentials on unemployment benefits, part time/casual workers or self employed.

Thanks for the welcome all.

As I'm trying to piece theories together, does anyone know what Kylie did for a living? It seems to me that whoever was with her on that afternoon was there for a reason. I mean by all accounts the suspect arrived early, was seen peering into the house, and upon discovering no one home, promptly left only to return when Kylie was present.

RSBM

Welcome frankcastle! :seeya:

Kylie worked two days a week at Gilda’s fashion boutique in Berwick.

Gilda's Boutique, where Ms Blackwood worked two days a week for the past year, has been revisited and neighbours asked more questions in the past two weeks. More than 40 people have been interviewed.
Kylie, always so beautifully dressed, was enjoying her job at Gilda's fashion boutique in Berwick, and was considering branching out into her own little fashion store, to be called Kylie B's.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...other8217s-death/story-fni0ffnk-1226738956486

Locals said Mrs Blackwood was a dedicated mum, who worked part-time at a clothes shop in Berwick and regularly helped out at her children's school.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...-in-her-own-home/story-fni0fee2-1226689747612

At the 1:06 mark in this radio interview, posted by enzeder earlier, the Snr Sgt says “we’ve looked through all relationship angles and we don’t think there is anything there …. “.

http://media.mytalk.com.au/3aw/audio/110614_stuart_bailey.mp3

Just wanted to mention it because when I first listened to this interview it jumped out at me as an unusual way to phrase things. The Snr Sgt is certainly adept at focusing on what he wants the public to know, and politely skirting some questions.

At the 1:06 mark in this radio interview, posted by enzeder earlier, the Snr Sgt says “we’ve looked through all relationship angles and we don’t think there is anything there …. “.

http://media.mytalk.com.au/3aw/audio/110614_stuart_bailey.mp3

Just wanted to mention it because when I first listened to this interview it jumped out at me as an unusual way to phrase things. The Snr Sgt is certainly adept at focusing on what he wants the public to know, and politely skirting some questions.

He certainly is.Sounds as though he didn't want to give much away at all.

Your post got me thinking. They say Kylie used her CC for an online purchase just after 12pm - but that could have been used by anyone who had it. You don't need any PIN or ID to use a CC online (unless LE have checked and made sure the order was made from her actual computer??)

What if she did lose it that morning shopping, like you say, and someone found it, bought something online and then decided to go and try to get some cash out. Although - who would even try to guess a PIN number??

Very confusing still!!!:scared:

Yes it said she did use for purchase in afternoon.But witness saw her come home around noon and apparently she had been shopping.Then the witness says he saw that man again just 10 mins after she got home..So if he went in house and attacked her only 10mins after she got home...then she must have thrown shopping on floor after walking up drive to put something in recycle bin and got straight on comp or ipad to start buying online.Because 10mins isnt much time before he turned up.UNLESS she wasn't the one who bought something online.He did after he attacked her then took off with card.Though why? To throw out time of killing?

Yes it said she did use for purchase in afternoon.But witness saw her come home around noon and apparently she had been shopping.Then the witness says he saw that man again just 10 mins after she got home..So if he went in house and attacked her only 10mins after she got home...then she must have thrown shopping on floor after walking up drive to put something in recycle bin and got straight on comp or ipad to start buying online.Because 10mins isnt much time before he turned up.UNLESS she wasn't the one who bought something online.He did after he attacked her then took off with card.Though why? To throw out time of killing?

Yes, precisely! To distract from the real time of death.

I still wonder about that scream in the morning......I'd love to know what the autopsy determined about the time of death. Because I feel like we have no real idea.......JMO.

Yes, precisely! To distract from the real time of death.

I still wonder about that scream in the morning......I'd love to know what the autopsy determined about the time of death. Because I feel like we have no real idea.......JMO.

Totally none of the times makes sence if u ask me they are telling u everything and anything as they don't want the truth out for some reason, if they are super keen on finding the killer they would be giving more direct info and not just between x and x and how longs a piece of string?? If u ask me I think they must have ideas already and don't want to upset anything until hard evidence comes in?? I don't know it's very frustrating, or did they not do a very good job when it first happened and botched up the case like that dude on the radio said??

Do we know which house the tradesman was working at? I'm wondering how far from Kylie's house he was.

So this video from the early days of the investigation states that the tradesman saw Kylie come home "shortly after 11.30" and that he saw the guy hurrying out of the Court "no more than 20 minutes later".

That means it all went down BEFORE 12pm......

http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video...8835d-7ffd-4cd6-a8f5-4832bc7175b3%7c%7c%7c%7c

The majority of the news articles and an interview With Potter said the tradie was having lunch in his car at 11.30am and noticed a man acting suspicious on street.Then at around noon he saw Kylie come home,then 10mins after she got home that suspicious man returned in street.Then 20 mins after that he saw him hurrying away down the street with something under his arm.

Do we know which house the tradesman was working at? I'm wondering how far from Kylie's house he was.

He was working on a house at top of street.The street slopes uphill and he was looking down the street.Kylies is about halfway down

The tradie was working at the house directly right at end of rise its the 4th house up from kylie around the court, so the house looks straight down the road with full view

Hi frankcastle

:wagon:

I agree there is something fishy about no cctv of person using ATM and recorded use of cash card.
Unless, this person was an accomplice, maybe a female (or male) who has an alibi for the time of death of KB? Police hope this person will lead them to the killer?
Police withholding this bank information because......??? :confused:

I would not be surprised if there was no CCTV/photos (from ATM) as sometimes for whatever reason bank ATM's do not have working cameras - however I do not believe that the bank cannot tell what time the attempted withdrawals were made. just saying.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back