Australia Australia - Leisl Smith, 23, Wallarah, NSW, 19 Aug 2012 *arrest in 2019, died during trial*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've looked at what I assume is the other page and can't see what you are referring to, is it in the comments?

As an aside the other page has got the missing persons register involved, have you also reached out to them?
I have also looked and an not quite sure what you mean.

I believe 'rape dungeon' can be a gamer term.

But...I first heard this phrase myself on Websleuths following the Sarah Cafferkey case (Melbourne). I believe the accused in that case had a facebook picture location tagged that way.
I still am offended by the use of the words "Rape Dungeon". I did some research and its not anything related to Leisl.... Still, to call
Anything a Rape Dungeon is just so wrong on every and any level!

I have also looked and an not quite sure what you mean.

It's a bit hard to be specific, without naming people and pointing fingers. It is in one of the the comments section, and it was more that I wanted people to be aware that it does cause distress. I don't want to be quoted as saying anything on that page or even being associated with it.

Anyway, had a dream last night where I found Leisl and I just remember being really happy. I'll take whatever I can get to stay hopeful.

J

Sydney radio 2GB just had interview done by Ben Fordham with Leisl's Dad. they are also posting a photo of Leisl on 2GB webpage (not there yet).

I've asked Ben to please post a copy of the interview so that others can listen. It was very good.

2GB relays to a lot of stations outside of Sydney and interstate and a lot of people overseas listen online, really hope that someone hears and has some information. :) :rose:

http://www.2gb.com/

Link: http://www.2gb.com/article/missing-child **Link to interview**
Leisl Smith went missing from the Central Coast home she shares with her Dad Storm on August the 19th last year.

Police and Leisl’s family are now appealing for any information to help locate the 23 year-old.

Storm Smith tells Ben it’s been an agonizing five months not knowing what’s happened to his daughter.

Anyone with any information is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

stormleisl_small.jpg

Good Interview.

Eccsci - If you can answer. Your Dad said she was out the night before and came home in the morning. Where did she go the night before and where did she stay. I live on the coast, but the Southern end, and have 23yo twins that get around (you might say). Where she went, and if anything happened there could be something we could look into.

"TWO days after Leisl Smith was last seen, her father received a mysterious text message from her mobile phone which police believe was intended for someone else.

It read: ''F--- you. I can't do this and I'm not going to keep your secret any more.''

Storm Smith is close to his daughter but had no idea what she could have been talking about. He immediately called her but her phone had already been switched off.

The next day he received another text message, again sent from his daughter's mobile number. ''I'm really sorry dad. Please don't be angry,'' it read.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/agonising-wait-for-leisls-family-20130202-2dr95.html#ixzz2LbjvunpB

1. I am new to this thread but I am wondering if SS has often tried her mobile since. Is it still an active mobile no or not?

2. What could that secret be? I wonder if the secret is that this man is married and Liesl has been having an affair with a married man and she has threatened to tell his wife?

Seepinoz:
Eccsci - If you can answer. Your Dad said she was out the night before and came home in the morning. Where did she go the night before and where did she stay. I live on the coast, but the Southern end, and have 23yo twins that get around (you might say). Where she went, and if anything happened there could be something we could look into.

I am not sure. I can ask him, but he might not even know, and I'll have to check that if he does, we can let the public know. My best friend lives down the Southern End and I went to school down that way too :)

Estelle

1. I am new to this thread but I am wondering if SS has often tried her mobile since. Is it still an active mobile no or not?

2. What could that secret be? I wonder if the secret is that this man is married and Liesl has been having an affair with a married man and she has threatened to tell his wife?

We have our own suspicions but choose to keep them to ourselves at present. We do try her mobile, just leaving a messages to let her know we are still worried about her and to keep asking her to let us know she is ok.

Personally, knowing Leisl, if that was a scenario, she just would have told the other woman. Leisl isn't backwards in coming forwards, put it that way. There would have to be something else, fairly major involved, for her to simply vanish into thin air like this. Given the hell that we all went through as kids, trust me, it takes a lot for any of us to be frightened easily.

As for the interview, I knew about it, but we have been keeping things quiet for various reasons. No doubt many of you will see things popping up in the various media resources and wonder why I haven't given you all a heads up. Sometimes the police have asked us to keep it to ourselves (I can tell you The Newcastle Herald will be doing a media piece sometime soon) and at other times, our dad has simply asked that we don't say anything. As mentioned, we are a pretty private family and the media attention etc is sometimes a little hard. I think sometimes too, that you try to hold onto any shred of privacy that you can until the last minute sometimes because once lost, you can't get it back.

Had a phonecall from the police today: no new sightings, but more information has come through about her movements over the last few day(s) prior to her going missing. Some of it is corroborating other bits of info and some is contradictory and they have had to sort it out as to where it fits (if it does) into the timeline. It's a methodical process more than anything else.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.
J

"TWO days after Leisl Smith was last seen, her father received a mysterious text message from her mobile phone which police believe was intended for someone else.

It read: ''F--- you. I can't do this and I'm not going to keep your secret any more.''

Storm Smith is close to his daughter but had no idea what she could have been talking about. He immediately called her but her phone had already been switched off.

The next day he received another text message, again sent from his daughter's mobile number. ''I'm really sorry dad. Please don't be angry,'' it read.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/agonising-wait-for-leisls-family-20130202-2dr95.html#ixzz2LbjvunpB

Hi Estelle,

Welcome. Have a good read through the comments over the past 5 pages as this case has only been going for almost 7 months now and that's not long compared to others. Once you have read through you will save yourself asking any questions that may have already been asked before. Leisl's sister has been kind enough to share her thoughts and answer questions to her best ability and within the Police's advised guidelines.

Regarding your question No.2 It is interesting that your "First" impression from the Missing " Reward " Poster showing a couple, lead you to believe that there was a relationship between the two pictured as it does come across a bit like the old fashioned Husband & Wife poses, but in fact it is Father and Daughter.

So, in saying this, I say have a good read and then you'll be up to speed and on the same page, so to speak.

Also go to FaceBook and look up: Find Leisl Smith - Put together by a friend of Leisl's Mother and Missing Leisl Smith - Put together by Leisl's Father. There is also Missing Person's Australia - these will help you - However, Leisl's sister has requested that we don't share FB page information from one page to the other and also for us not to share HER Websleuths information on the Find Leisl Smith FB page.. That's just a heads up ;-)

Once again, Great to have you here as the more people thinking and asking questions and keeping Leisl's disappearance fresh in people's minds is all leading towards finding this missing person whom is special to many people.

Regards. Imperial Knight

Hello Everyone,

I was thinking, what if Leisl has taken time out for whatever reason and is now too embarrassed to come back onto the scene?

Also, does anyone know if there has been a search in the area she went missing? An extensive search with K9's assistance? I looked up that area on Maps and there are so many places she could have fallen and hit her head or even a hit and run on the dirt road and then there is a local drag racing spot very popular with the young ones out that way? Just putting it out there.

Another bit of info I heard about is that the young girl that says she met Leisl at the Train Station at Tuggerah some time before she went missing (I think) says that she spoke to Leisl... Leisl only had a 100 dollar note and couldn't get a ticket so this girl purchased one for her.. they sat on the train and chatted.... This girl says that she spoke about her father and her horse and that she would miss the birth of her foal, but had an opportunity that was too good to pass up"

I havent been able to find any more about where this information went....from there... But it does seem strange as said before that she missed the birth of the foal as this was her world and life... the other opportunity - what could have it been? I wonder if she has left the country?

We will have to wait and see as I know the Police will be releasing some more information.

If there hasn't been a search of the area then I would only presume that it isn't something that the Police need to do as they probably have information to indicate that she is alive somewhere and they are following those leads... Lets hope...

Imperial-Knight

Hi Imperial Knight,

Maybe I have missed something, Where did the information from the young girl come from? That kind of changes the scenario of walking away from the train station.

I hope that we hear something soon......

Pushka

Hi Estelle,

Welcome. Have a good read through the comments over the past 5 pages as this case has only been going for almost 7 months now and that's not long compared to others. Once you have read through you will save yourself asking any questions that may have already been asked before. Leisl's sister has been kind enough to share her thoughts and answer questions to her best ability and within the Police's advised guidelines.

Regarding your question No.2 It is interesting that your "First" impression from the Missing " Reward " Poster showing a couple, lead you to believe that there was a relationship between the two pictured as it does come across a bit like the old fashioned Husband & Wife poses, but in fact it is Father and Daughter.

So, in saying this, I say have a good read and then you'll be up to speed and on the same page, so to speak.

Also go to FaceBook and look up: Find Leisl Smith - Put together by a friend of Leisl's Mother and Missing Leisl Smith - Put together by Leisl's Father. There is also Missing Person's Australia - these will help you - However, Leisl's sister has requested that we don't share FB page information from one page to the other and also for us not to share HER Websleuths information on the Find Leisl Smith FB page.. That's just a heads up ;-)

Once again, Great to have you here as the more people thinking and asking questions and keeping Leisl's disappearance fresh in people's minds is all leading towards finding this missing person whom is special to many people.

Regards. Imperial Knight

Thanks Imperial Knight,

Just a correction though, it was me that has set up the Missing: Leisl Smith webpage and it's me who does 99% of the posts.... Dad isn't a big fan of that sort of stuff and can't deal with getting asked about Leisl all the time, so I said I was happy to run it.

Thanks for the answers above too

J x

Hello Everyone,

I was thinking, what if Leisl has taken time out for whatever reason and is now too embarrassed to come back onto the scene?

Also, does anyone know if there has been a search in the area she went missing? An extensive search with K9's assistance? I looked up that area on Maps and there are so many places she could have fallen and hit her head or even a hit and run on the dirt road and then there is a local drag racing spot very popular with the young ones out that way? Just putting it out there.

Another bit of info I heard about is that the young girl that says she met Leisl at the Train Station at Tuggerah some time before she went missing (I think) says that she spoke to Leisl... Leisl only had a 100 dollar note and couldn't get a ticket so this girl purchased one for her.. they sat on the train and chatted.... This girl says that she spoke about her father and her horse and that she would miss the birth of her foal, but had an opportunity that was too good to pass up"

I havent been able to find any more about where this information went....from there... But it does seem strange as said before that she missed the birth of the foal as this was her world and life... the other opportunity - what could have it been? I wonder if she has left the country?

We will have to wait and see as I know the Police will be releasing some more information.

If there hasn't been a search of the area then I would only presume that it isn't something that the Police need to do as they probably have information to indicate that she is alive somewhere and they are following those leads... Lets hope...

Imperial-Knight

Hey Imperial Knight,

Are you able to contact this person and ask them to contact Crimestoppers with this info? Otherwise, <modsnip>I don't know about the K9 search, but I think it's usually when things are fairly concrete about a conclusion and there is a suspicion of where someone is. The area is fairly large and multiple bits of thick bush, especially since the freeway isn't too far away and there is national park and private land: they could be looking for years. Unfortunately it's a cost thing as far as I am aware as well as feasability.

As far as we know she hasn't left the country. For Leisl to have missed the birth of her foal, all I can reiterate is that whatever has happened has been so major and so serious that she has felt that there is no other option. Leisl would NOT have given up the birth of her foal for an 'oppourtunity' as such. We think she may have witnessed something fairly substantially serious and has felt that she has no other option. What that may be, we have no idea, but obviously, it's not a small thing.

And yes, we are always hoping that she is still alive. The alternative is too horrible to think about, although we do acknowledge it is a possibility.

Also, there is a full page missing poster in the magazine Horse Deals on pg 167 ( I think that is correct). We have taken it national because someone has to know something. People can't dissappear without at trace in this day and age, surely.

Regards,
J x

Hi
This girl says she spoke to Leisl before she went missing and then it took time for this stranger to realise that she had actually spoken with Leisl Smith whom had since become a missing person. She has been interviewed by the Police.

This person has spoken to the Detective in charge but she has since told a friend of mine that she knows more, but who's to say this girl isn't just an attention seeker? My friend told her to contact Crimestoppers and she said she wanted to meet up to talk but then she chickened out. So maybe she was a story telling attention seeker - time waister? My friend still hasn't heard from her. This girl said she was going to contact Leisl's Ex and talk to him and that's when she stopped talking.. Hope he didn't threaten her!!

Anyway that's all I know, But I will continue to dig until I'm officially told not to!

Imperial-Knight

Hi,

I really am hoping that after the media coverago on the TV Radio and Newspapers and other print media that this will impact on bringing information to light as to Leisl Smith's whereabouts.

Maybe she has wanted to start a new life or just has work in a remote place but I just don't understand why she wouldn't have taken her favourite Hat with her which she left in her car when she could have easily taken it with her and you'd think she'd need it for work.

Anyway, it remains a mystery for the time being. I just pray that angels watch over Leisl and her family and I hope for answers in the near future for them.

Regards

Imperial-Knight

I just had word that the girl that spoke to Leisl on the train sometime before Leisl went missing, has just been to speak to the Police and give her statement about their conversation...

I really hope that what she had to say helps in any way possible to get some answers for her family.

I was also wondering about sheep stations and whether Leisl may have just wanted a change of pace? Worth contacting the stations and getting the MISSING person poster up at all the Stations.

Leave no stone unturned.

Imperial-Knight

I appreciate the girl going to the police, but 7 months later? C'mon!

Here's hoping she has reason to believe Leisl is not in danger, otherwise I really have to question humanity at this point. :banghead:

I hate to be so pessimistic when there is family reading and writing here, but do people go to ground for a change of pace and leave everything inactive like bank accounts and so on? OK maybe if there is like $50 in there they may forgo it to be off the grid if it is a sudden decision and they don't have time to access it, write it off and start living a cash only life - which is not easy in this day and age, it would require the knowledge of others I imagine, at least for shelter.

If someone is responsible for her disappearance they are probably rapt with both the public family back and forth and speculation Liesl is voluntarily missing. These have been the focus of the public discussion and it places no pressure on all at anyone in the know.

Hi All,

Spoke to dad the other day, we seem to have found out why Leisl went missing... it doesn't provide answers as to if she is ok etc, but it gives us a fairly strong reason as to why. Which is always important.

I'm not going to go into detail other than to say,
a) I can definitely understand why (probably would have done the same)
b) It has nothing to do with our family, the family dynamics or anything in that line (given that people have speculated that she left because of it)
c) It is fairly serious

As a result, as much as I know you are probably wanting to know, it's in the best interests not to make it public. It does make the text messages that dad got make sense however.

Hope you are all enjoying your week. I am in the middle of nightshift, so please excuse any spelling errors etc!

Cheers,
J

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stahoe