Australia Australia - Leisl Smith, 23, Wallarah, NSW, 19 Aug 2012 *arrest in 2019, died during trial*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi Everyone,

Had a meeting with the police today: they really cannot tell us anything at the moment but encouraged us to keep spreading the word. They will do a media release again shortly. No sightings since Leisl went missing and they have no idea where she might be. It's being investigated as a worst case scenario.

So please keep sharing our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/missingleislsmith) and sharing the posters etc. No accounts (bank or phone) have been touched.

People don't just disappear off the face of the earth for six months. We are hoping that the person who has information about her doesn't realise that they do and we simply haven't reached them to let them know she is missing.

Bit of a trying day today. Very emotionally exhausting.

J

Thank you for the update eccsci. You and your family must be at wits end. I hope we have some more information soon. Leisl has been in my thoughts, Mullumbimby is a long way away but we are rural so I will put a poster up in town on my way home this evening. Sending love and thinking of you all.

I was thinking of you and your family today eccsi, I just wish you were able to get some answers... Big hugs go out to you all.

I also shared on FB your update from today and I'll keep on sharing!

I hope the key bit of information comes to light asap, take care.

I was up at Tuggerah yesterday and we stopped at the petstore directly opposite the train station and I thought of Leisl.

Hello Everyone,

If Leisl had an android mobile phone can it's whereabouts be tracked or does it have to be on? Can any other mobile be tracked, like iPhone?
Also, I know a Taxi Driver that dropped off a passenger the other day and the address was "The Rape Dungeon"!!! I asked if he was for real and he said that was the destination. Has anyone else heard of it? It was mentioned on FB so I could look back and try and find the address..... I know it's weird but if someone is brazen enough to name their home or business with that title then maybe they should be looked into!!!

Just leave no stone unturned.
Regards

Imperial Knight

Hello Everyone,

If Leisl had an android mobile phone can it's whereabouts be tracked or does it have to be on? Can any other mobile be tracked, like iPhone?
Also, I know a Taxi Driver that dropped off a passenger the other day and the address was "The Rape Dungeon"!!! I asked if he was for real and he said that was the destination. Has anyone else heard of it? It was mentioned on FB so I could look back and try and find the address..... I know it's weird but if someone is brazen enough to name their home or business with that title then maybe they should be looked into!!!

Regards

Imperial Knight

Hey guys,

With regards to mobile phone use: I can't answer any questions in regards to her phone. The police have asked us not to release information other than what is already known. Sorry, :( but they have reasons (e.g. data integrity etc)

We think Leisl met with someone at the Homemaker centre, although the footage shows that she wasn't with anyone.

I just spent the last week up on the coast: I had to clean out Leisl's room. I'm more than a little emotionally drained, especially since we had a meeting with the Police that same week. Might take me a little while, so if I don't reply, no one has been offensive, I just need some time to recuperate. The other half and I have some days off coming up and are thinking that we might get away for a bit.

That's the thing about a family member going missing. Everyone is affected by it and no one manages to be unscathed.

Thankyou for all your support and understanding guys, it's really appreciated, even if you don't think you have done much.

J.

Hey guys,

With regards to mobile phone use: I can't answer any questions in regards to her phone. The police have asked us not to release information other than what is already known. Sorry, :( but they have reasons (e.g. data integrity etc)

We think Leisl met with someone at the Homemaker centre, although the footage shows that she wasn't with anyone.

I just spent the last week up on the coast: I had to clean out Leisl's room. I'm more than a little emotionally drained, especially since we had a meeting with the Police that same week. Might take me a little while, so if I don't reply, no one has been offensive, I just need some time to recuperate. The other half and I have some days off coming up and are thinking that we might get away for a bit.

That's the thing about a family member going missing. Everyone is affected by it and no one manages to be unscathed.

Thankyou for all your support and understanding guys, it's really appreciated, even if you don't think you have done much.

J.

Have a great Time Out eccsci, you need it - we will be watching out for Leisl as much as we can for you.

Hey guys,

Hi there - I am so sorry about what you are going through. :hug:

That is quite interesting about the homemaker centre - there is a ton of parking there and I don't think anyone would notice a car left there all day or perhaps even overnight. I wonder why she parked at the station?

Dear ECCSCI,

I feel for you and your family as I know a bit about how this kind of trauma effects everyone involved and you do have to step off that round-about and chill out and ground yourself for the next round.
I hope you and your partner just enjoy some quiet time together... Take Care :-)

Yes, we will keep our eyes and ears open as I live in the Central Coast area and I'm always looking around..

All the best <3

Imperial Knight

Hello Everyone,

Regards

Imperial Knight

I believe 'rape dungeon' can be a gamer term.

But...I first heard this phrase myself on Websleuths following the Sarah Cafferkey case (Melbourne). I believe the accused in that case had a facebook picture location tagged that way.

Hi everyone,
I'm going to ask a favour and you may think that it's bit behind the eight ball but I have my reasons..

Any information that is posted here, if you are also linked to the page that is not ours, could you please NOT post it there?!? I don't and neither does the pretty much the rest of our family, have anything to do with those people and its really disconcerting to see that information quoting things I've said (not from the police or newspaper interview).

It was distressing enough as it was without having to see that up there. While I know and understand that this is a public domain and people are free to do as they wish, I would have liked some thoughtfulness at the same time. I'm not going to point fingers or lay blame, but just to please be aware that there are some fairly big reasons as to why we don't talk to our mother or have anything to do with her, and regardless of good intentions, we know her better than anyone. It's distressing enough to see her acting the way she is, knowing her the way that we do.

I don't care if you like both pages or neither or one or the other: everyone has their own mind. But please don't go posting stuff I've said here on that page: it causes too much angst and makes it look like something that it isn't.

J

I've looked at what I assume is the other page and can't see what you are referring to, is it in the comments?

As an aside the other page has got the missing persons register involved, have you also reached out to them?

I've looked at what I assume is the other page and can't see what you are referring to, is it in the comments?

As an aside the other page has got the missing persons register involved, have you also reached out to them?
Hi Azure,
Yes it was. In regards to missing persons, I've messaged them rivstely and got a response ages later saying that I would be emailed back in more detail. I haven't heard anything else from them since

Regards
J

hi eccsci ... unfortunately I believe that the general public can look at this site, they just can't participate unless they become registered (please correct me if I'm wrong someone). You may need to heavily filter whatever you write here, which is a shame but is best as you need to maintain confidentiality.
The video that LB referenced above is beautiful ... heartbreaking, but beautiful ... it says it all, and I hope that Leisl can see it and know how much she is loved.

hi eccsci ... unfortunately I believe that the general public can look at this site, they just can't participate unless they become registered (please correct me if I'm wrong someone). You may need to heavily filter whatever you write here, which is a shame but is best as you need to maintain confidentiality.
The video that LB referenced above is beautiful ... heartbreaking, but beautiful ... it says it all, and I hope that Leisl can see it and know how much she is loved.

Hi South Aussie,
Cheers for that I wasn't aware.

Yeah my dad composed the video. I can remember when a lot of those photos were taken. Some when I turned 21!! That's a while ago now!

Cheers J

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenabarlow
Back