GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-storey fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to this and this is the first time I am posting here. I have been following this case and find so many aspects of it so deeply disturbing, that I don't even know where to start commenting! But I am intrigued about the torn up note found in Lisa's pocket. I think she knew that she was risking her life by leaving him and she therefore kept the torn up note in her pocket so that if anything happened to her, the note would be found and attention drawn to the existance of the surveillance cameras, so that her death could not be dismissed as suicide. I mean, if one discovers a dead body, one does not automatically think to search the deceased's house for hidden surveillance cameras....JMO

I want to add my thanks to all the updaters, all the commenters, this has been the only way I had of keeping up with the horror.

It is hard for me to believe that out there, somewhere, there are not other women he has threatened, abused, frightened the living bejesus out of.. He was a violent man in his early 20's , its no small thing to bite off half an ear from a detective.. its not as if he suddenly , at 40, became a murderer.

He had form then, just out of his teenage years. way beyond the normal. There has to be a good and solid reason his other victims have not come out of the dark. .. culture, fear, horror. But one day... .

Read more: Simon Gittany's murder trial over Lisa Harnum's balcony fall death hears closing statements

November 13, 2013 12:13PM

"The 40 year old blew kisses at his family after being brought up to the dock following his first night in custody."

I notice this article ^^^ states ...

'Mr Tedeschi said there had been "six sources" of trial evidence that showed Gittany to be "a controlling, abusive and domineering partner".'

So, would that be …

Her mum’s testimony
Her psychologist’s testimony
Her personal trainer’s testimony
The CCTV cameras recording her every move
The mobile/text monitoring software
The note about surveillance cameras in her pocket?

Then, to add to that, there is ...
- Lisa telling her mum 'if anything happens to me, call my psychologist'
- Lisa telling her friends 'he wants to talk, I'm afraid'
- The next door neighbour’s testimony – banging on their door, Lisa screaming for help
- And the CCTV vision of SG man-handling Lisa in a suffocating headlock
- And the front door opening again, Lisa trying with all her might to get out again?
- The brief 69secs between the headlock vision and Lisa laying crumpled on the pavement below
- Lisa being dropped with her handbag still on her arm
- The eyewitness testimony – seeing him toss Lisa over the balcony, laying flattish across his arms
- Not one fingerprint or palmprint of Lisa’s on the balcony enclosure
- A fingerprint and a palmprint of SG’s on the balcony enclosure
- Him running out, then running back into the apartment to ‘put on a shirt’ - which he actually put on in the hall ... 33secs later
- The glances at himself in the elevator mirror
- The doctor & others who witnessed his odd behaviour – standing at a distance observing, then poking at Lisa’s head
- SG telling police 'I hope the cameras were working', then telling the court he had turned them off
- The hidden hard drive in the ceiling, removed by his brother after his arrest

Is that it? I think that is more than enough IMO.

ah ok sorry I misread your initial post. Thought both were from Lisa.

I really feel for Lisa's mother. She is far away fom her home and her loved ones (much like Lisa was when living in Australia, making her the perfect "prey" for the likes of SG). She always seems to be on her own when arriving and leaving the court complex. It must be so difficult for her to attend this trial and hear these shocking details of her daughter's plight at the hands of SG and to see him flaunting RL (don't get me started on her!) I hope she leaves Australia feeling that justice has been served; that she does not return to
Canada feeling that the justice system let her daughter down.

I notice this article ^^^ states ...

'Mr Tedeschi said there had been "six sources" of trial evidence that showed Gittany to be "a controlling, abusive and domineering partner".'

So, would that be …

Her mum’s testimony
Her psychologist’s testimony
Her personal trainer’s testimony
The CCTV cameras recording her every move
The mobile/text monitoring software
The note about surveillance cameras in her pocket?

Then, to add to that, there is ...
- Lisa telling her mum 'if anything happens to me, call my psychologist'
- Lisa telling her friends 'he wants to talk, I'm afraid'
- The next door neighbour’s testimony – banging on their door, Lisa screaming for help
- And the CCTV vision of SG man-handling Lisa in a suffocating headlock
- And the front door opening again, Lisa trying with all her might to get out again?
- The brief 69secs between the headlock vision and Lisa laying crumpled on the pavement below
- Lisa being dropped with her handbag still on her arm
- The eyewitness testimony – seeing him toss Lisa over the balcony, laying flattish across his arms
- Not one fingerprint or palmprint of Lisa’s on the balcony enclosure
- A fingerprint and a palmprint of SG’s on the balcony enclosure
- Him running out, then running back into the apartment to ‘put on a shirt’ - which he actually put on in the hall ... 33secs later
- The glances at himself in the elevator mirror
- The doctor & others who witnessed his odd behaviour – standing at a distance observing, then poking at Lisa’s head
- SG telling police 'I hope the cameras were working', then telling the court he had turned them off
- The hidden hard drive in the ceiling, removed by his brother after his arrest

Is that it? I think that is more than enough IMO.

:goodpost: SouthAussie!.

I want to add my thanks to all the updaters, all the commenters, this has been the only way I had of keeping up with the horror.

It is hard for me to believe that out there, somewhere, there are not other women he has threatened, abused, frightened the living bejesus out of.. He was a violent man in his early 20's , its no small thing to bite off half an ear from a detective.. its not as if he suddenly , at 40, became a murderer.

He had form then, just out of his teenage years. way beyond the normal. There has to be a good and solid reason his other victims have not come out of the dark. .. culture, fear, horror. But one day... .

So true 'The Troopster', good to hear you. I been trying to find out about his past form. Any suggestions where?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-13/gittany-27insanely-jealous27-of-other-men2c-court-told/5088836

Prosecutor says Simon Gittany was 'insanely jealous' of other men in lead up to Lisa Harnum's death

From your link Sleep. What a monster! imo

BBM

Prosecutor says Simon Gittany was 'insanely jealous' of other men in lead up to Lisa Harnum's death

He said Gittany had discovered she had smuggled a cache of clothing out of their apartment and that others were helping her, so he confronted her about her plans to leave.

"Then all hell broke loose," Mr Tedeschi said.

"The accused made her beg on her knees that she be allowed to remain in the relationship."

Absolutely, Trooper!!:clap:

You make such a good point.....he'd have to have a huge history with other people, particularly women. And I'm sure it began way before the ear-biting incident..............:scared:

Fear's a powerful silencer though. I'm sure his ex-girlfriends are just relieved they got away from him - I'd imagine the last thing they'd want to do is cross paths with him again by going public.

I too hope that one day some of them speak. It would certainly add to justice for Lisa.

And it would also be a gift for the memory of who Lisa was - a lovely woman who found herself trapped in an abusive relationship who had found the courage to leave. A truth that that Mr SG has tried so desperately to besmirch. :tantrum:

Absolutely, Trooper!!:clap:

You make such a good point.....he'd have to have a huge history with other people, particularly women. And I'm sure it began way before the ear-biting incident..............:scared:

Fear's a powerful silencer ... I'm sure his ex-girlfriends are just relieved they got away from him - I'd imagine the last thing they'd want to do is cross paths with him again by going public.

I too hope that one day some of them speak...

Spot on Trooper!
Agreed Irisrising. It is not beyond the realm of possibility that defensive family members/associates may 'pose' a threat to those who could reveal information. There may be a culture of fear given some of the history we have come to learn about.

This is a very serious crime, one that has rendered many speechless: the willful act of dropping a live woman over a 15 floor high balcony to her death, then brazenly claiming it was suicide - knowing that The Law would have to 'prove' otherwise. An act beyond contempt.

If the case for murder is proven, this perpetrator willfully murdered Lisa Harnum in a most cruel and agonising way having abused/denigrated/humiliated and imprisoned her in the apartment.

Our Judicial system and the Judge in this case has a most serious task of bringing this perpetrator to account under Australian Law.
Ideally, if proven, a life sentance without parole should be applicable.

[All in my honest opinion and fair comment]

SG arriving at court yesterday in a prison van.

pcfw0.jpg

Screenshot from video
http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video...ittany-trial/x4r9tsu?from=sharepermalink-link

From your link Sleep. What a monster! imo

BBM

He said Gittany had discovered she had smuggled a cache of clothing out of their apartment and that others were helping her, so he confronted her about her plans to leave.

"Then all hell broke loose," Mr Tedeschi said.

"The accused made her beg on her knees that she be allowed to remain in the relationship."

Makes me wonder what was on the hard drive that police seized. Did it show footage of the night before the murder? Then SG decided to turn off the cameras in the morning, after he had watched his *advertiser censored*, because the intent to kill had formed in his mind? If that is the case, this certainly is murder and not manslaughter .. and could well be premeditated, though that would probably have been very difficult to prove.

I really feel for Lisa's mother. She is far away fom her home and her loved ones (much like Lisa was when living in Australia, making her the perfect "prey" for the likes of SG). She always seems to be on her own when arriving and leaving the court complex. It must be so difficult for her to attend this trial and hear these shocking details of her daughter's plight at the hands of SG and to see him flaunting RL (don't get me started on her!) I hope she leaves Australia feeling that justice has been served; that she does not return to Canada feeling that the justice system let her daughter down.

Me too bajas. I feel so sad when I read of her tears in court, and her having to leave the court at times, due to the horror of hearing what her sweet daughter lived through. All alone, while the is supported by his 'girlfriend' and family :( . I do so hope that she was offered a victim's advocate to assist her.

And Lisa was a sweet woman .. on a Remembrance page for her (in the Sydney Morning Herald a couple of years ago) a hairdresser she worked with remembered how Lisa nipped out at lunchtime one day to buy some funky stickers as a surprise for the hairdresser's young son.

And by the way, bajas ... welcome to the forum!

:welcome4:

Matthew Snelson ‏@mattsnelson9 14h
VIDEO Prosecutor Mark Tedeschi's closing submissions in the Simon Gittany murder trial. http://video.au.msn.com/?mkt=en-au&vid=964710e9-653d-4b9c-adca-8eee44f272e3&from=sharepermalink-link … @9NewsSyd

Closing arguments made in Gittany trial
November 13 2013: The closing arguments in the Simon Gittany murder trial has heard the prosecution allege that Gittany was a ‘controlling, abusive and domineering partner’.

This video gives a good overview of yesterday for those who wish to catch up before hearing the defence arguments today.

Matthew Snelson ‏@mattsnelson9 14h
VIDEO Prosecutor Mark Tedeschi's closing submissions in the Simon Gittany murder trial. http://video.au.msn.com/?mkt=en-au&vid=964710e9-653d-4b9c-adca-8eee44f272e3&from=sharepermalink-link … @9NewsSyd

Closing arguments made in Gittany trial
November 13 2013: The closing arguments in the Simon Gittany murder trial has heard the prosecution allege that Gittany was a ‘controlling, abusive and domineering partner’.

This video gives a good overview of yesterday for those who wish to catch up before hearing the defence arguments today.

Glad to see Lisa's mum seems to be walking into court with someone in this video ... don't know if it is her son and daughter-in-law, or some other people assisting her.

Now that is the kind of vehicle he should have always been riding in ... large enough for his big head, chauffeur-driven ... would also like to see him in his new 'suit'. Hope it is itchy and uncomfortable. Wonder if his new roommates have been watching the news and know all about him?

SG arriving in style - Love it!

Speaking of suits here's a pic of SL arriving at court yesterday with a suit for SG according to below video.

2lm3x2a.jpg

Screenshot from video
http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video...ittany-trial/x4r9tsu?from=sharepermalink-link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required