GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-storey fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Such good news to brighten our Christmas. 6 weeks to go before we learn his future. That's made my day sleepinoz, ta. Goulbourn sounds nice.
Simon Gittany's first Christmas in prison will be bleak and lonely

lovin it.

six weeks...

news.com - Read More...
As a sentenced maximum security inmate, he will be taken by prison van off to one of the state's heavier prisons, such as Goulburn or Lithgow, to live out the rest of his prison time.
There in the yard he will get to meet some of the more sinister residents of the nation's largest correctional system, and learn everything about jail hierarchy, and the rules of survival.

SMH Read More...
And it is not over yet. On February 5 the journalists, court watchers and perhaps even Ms Louise will return to court for Gittany's sentencing. Gittany will spend the intervening months in a prison cell.

One month to sentencing
ONE MONTH TO SENTENCING......WOO HOOO!!

<modsnip>

I thought is section Separation assault is very relevant. I didn't know this.

"Could you imagine, after having endured countless verbal or physical attacks from an abusive partner, finally getting up the courage and strength to leave them, only to find out that the nightmare isn&#8217;t over? In fact, just the opposite &#8212; the violence is increasing and intensifying?
This very real and extremely dangerous phenomenon is called Separation Assault. Abusers, who perceive that their victim is getting away from them, become more determined and more aggressive to make sure that &#8220;If I can&#8217;t have them, no one will!&#8221;

http://blog.drphil.com/2010/10/26/when-leaving-your-abuser-isnt-enough/

I thought is section Separation assault is very relevant. I didn't know this.

"Could you imagine, after having endured countless verbal or physical attacks from an abusive partner, finally getting up the courage and strength to leave them, only to find out that the nightmare isn&#8217;t over? In fact, just the opposite &#8212; the violence is increasing and intensifying?
This very real and extremely dangerous phenomenon is called Separation Assault. Abusers, who perceive that their victim is getting away from them, become more determined and more aggressive to make sure that &#8220;If I can&#8217;t have them, no one will!&#8221;

http://blog.drphil.com/2010/10/26/when-leaving-your-abuser-isnt-enough/
Thanks for the post they'll get you.
Good find. An antidote to this is to keep in contact with family, friends and neighbours - you may need them(even if you don't like them all of the time).

Good find. An antidote to this is to keep in contact with family, friends and neighbours - you may need them(even if you don't like them all of the time).
Fuskier you made me think that Lisa could be a perfect target for these types, do they carefully choose someone far away or no friends and family? Knowing a flight from Canada is about 12 hours away and Lisa didn't want to worry her mum 'for no reason' until it became an emergency. I don't recall Lisa's father ever mentioned.
I have a friend who's father needed to have a strong chat with her husband and the husband wanted to fight the elderly father for interfering. Maybe a mothers approach could be more softly softly.

Not only keeping in contact with family and friends but being open and honest about your situation is important putting pride aside so that they can support, protect and advise you about what to do and also to see a counsellor. As Lisa's father was never mentioned, I have assumed that her parents could have divorced years ago. I do not think anyone who knew Lisa realised how bad her situation was as she may not have disclosed everything to them.

I often wonder if Lisa stayed with him longer than she should have as she wanted to get permanent residence in Australia and with marriage to him, it would have been easier and quicker as she thought love would conquer all one day and he would change when they had children. Their relationship was obviously codependent (relationship addiction).

I often wonder why she did not go to Melbourne immediately when that friend told her she could stay with her there.

All Lisa had to do was book the flight the day before to Melbourne or even Canada or just go to the airport in a taxi on a day when he was out and purchase the flight there, then get someone here to store her things at the same time by taking them to her in that same taxi on the way to the airport or just leave them there with him and forget about them then escape with no forwarding address and even change her name if necessary in case he caught up with her one day as she appears to have had enough money in the bank to do so. Even going to a womens' refuge for support would have been better than staying there.

I advised a friend once to make the great escape without warning as her partner (whom she had separated from) had been harassing her for money for drugs all the time and threatening her with a gun in Los Angeles.

However, Lisa must not have realised that Gittany was narcissistic and not a "normal" man one could leave without serious ramifications. IMO unfortunately, Lisa must have become seriously depressed, frightened, isolated and powerless to escape from him as the violence escalated.

I have a friend who's father needed to have a strong chat with her husband and the husband wanted to fight the elderly father for interfering. Maybe a mothers approach could be more softly softly.

Maybe but if the man is a cowardly , there's nothing stopping him from beating up an elderly woman as well.

Maybe but if the man is a cowardly , there's nothing stopping him from beating up an elderly woman as well.

TK8895 you are totally right there because you can't rationalise with these cowardly thugs who have no respect for anyone or anything & if anyone stepped in to take his possession, Lisa, obviously he would not stop at anything.
Another reminder to run & don't look back.

Only 7 sleeps to go & justice is and will be served hopefully for a long, long time.
RIP sweet Lisa

5 sleeps away
Anyone know the time? Can't come soon enough.
Will it be a long reading from the judge with reasons for her findings and sentence.?
I wonder if Gittany's suits have an idea of the gaol term or will he be spitting nails??
I'm sure the judge is aware of the public's interest.

Chanel 7 Sunday program are advertising an interview with RL - about SG - think it said next Sunday. Something to look forward to.

Chanel 7 Sunday program are advertising an interview with RL - about SG - think it said next Sunday. Something to look forward to.

Just saw that advertised. A 'special event' on the Sunday show next Sunday, channel 7 after My Kitchen Rules it said (which apparently means 7:50pm in SA).
So, this will be after the sentencing.

He's listed for 2 days next week - 3rd Feb 9am for Return of Subpoena @ Queens Square and 5th 10am for Sentence Hearing @ Darlinghurst.

Not sure what the first one is for but Judge Lucy is only listed for the Sentence.

http://searchcourtlists.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/scm/search Search for next 2 weeks under his name

Only thing I could find about Return of Subpeona is that it is a court date to submit documents requested in a subpeona. Wonder if this is related to another case - wasn't there an article that mentioned SG may have had financial dealings with those two meth-makers? I'm thinking bank statements/financial documents maybe.

http://www.claytonutz.com.au/public...onding_to_subpoenas_to_produce_documents.page

Only thing I could find about Return of Subpeona is that it is a court date to submit documents requested in a subpeona. Wonder if this is related to another case - wasn't there an article that mentioned SG may have had financial dealings with those two meth-makers? I'm thinking bank statements/financial documents maybe.

http://www.claytonutz.com.au/public...onding_to_subpoenas_to_produce_documents.page

Must be a lot of documents, if you check back on the same link, he was also listed on 29th Jan for the same thing.

Hopefully something else for him to go to :jail: for.

Hope they are not heard together and are made concurrent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne