GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-storey fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great sleuthing ICU Nurse, thank you. From the link you posted it seems that ShoeCandy was only making $4.61USD per day, as of June 2013. GS needed a lot more than that to just pay his rent, let lone live.

View attachment 39157

ETA...snipped for clarity...

So SG was making $4.61 per day off his Shecandy/Shoecandy (and why does he have trouble spelling that?).... Business...

quite the businessman... No?

why does that make me laugh hysterically...?

:laughcry:

I wish that SG had been drug tested the day that Lisa died. Such rage seems to be outside the normal spectrum. MOO

I wish that SG had been drug tested the day that Lisa died. Such rage seems to be outside the normal spectrum. MOO

I agree...

I can't help but wonder... After reading of suspicions of him selling steroids to athletes... if he may have been on steroids, himself?

NOTE: This would NOT excuse him in ANY way of his heinous crime...

JMO

Maybe you clever Sleuthers can help me with my question...

In the U.S... I believe... There are laws which keep convicted criminals from making money off of books, movies, etc., about their "stories" of crime....

Are there similar laws in Australia?

and... Since RL is planning on writing a "screenplay"... Is there anything that would prevent HER from reaping monetary benefits from ..... what is in essence... the heinous murder of Lisa? :banghead:

TIA... :seeya:

Yes we do have similar laws in which criminals aren't allowed to profit from their crimes. But as we've seen in the past, some will try to find loopholes around that.

For anyone who fancies another longgg read...lol.

Proceeds of Crime Act 2002

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/C2013C00113

And also...

June 3, 2011

What's so dreadful about criminals making a few shekels out of writing autobiographies or works of fiction? It's harmless, liberating, rehabilitative and may even be informative.

Yet the Proceeds of Crime Act removes the financial incentive for this modest recreation. It is a piece of overarching meanness, enforced inconsistently and largely in secret, and penalises people who have already been penalised.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...eir-memoirs-20110602-1fiqq.html#ixzz2lutIliAI

In the U.S... I believe... There are laws which keep convicted criminals from making money off of books, movies, etc., about their "stories" of crime....

and... Since RL is planning on writing a "screenplay"... Is there anything that would prevent HER from reaping monetary benefits from ..... what is in essence... the heinous murder of Lisa? :banghead:

Cluesy, RL hasn't been charged with anything in relation to this case so there is nothing preventing her from profiting from the proceeds of a screenplay, a colouring book, paper dolls etc.

<modsnip>

From what I've read, I believe (in the U.S) the judge usually places restrictions on profits / proceeds from crime on the convicted individual. If the judge didn't do that, then I don't know if the person is free to 'sell their story'.

In Australia, I don't believe there is any restriction, unless as I mentioned before, the judge specifically places a restriction - and I would suggest that it would normally be made part of the prisoner's parole condition. But once they are free (from prison and parole), I believe they're free to do as they please. Example is Mark 'Chopper' Read who only recently passed away. He has written quite a few books (about his life and crimes) and was painting pictures, so he was actually earning a living from being an author and painter. I noticed his paintings on Ebay are listed for sale for approx $1000 to $4000.

Also, someone's probably got a book half written I would imagine - As for a movie, you'd need shareholders investing big bucks to get it off the ground. I'm sure if a film eventuates, the project won't be short of screenwriters. Then again, perhaps RL should be encouraged....it will give her something to do. lol lol

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...cript-on-trial
In this MSM article, it states that: 'Ms Louise met Gittany through mutual friends five years ago but only began dating around a year ago, and have been living together in an apartment in Sydney's west'.

In Sydney's West - Really ? Sounds like it will only be a short drive for RL to Silverwater prison then. :laughcry:

......that's unless he's transferred to Goulburn :laughcry:

Lisa Harnum's mother has a message for women everywhere. Please share it.

Jamila Rizvi Thursday 28 November 2013 6:45am

http://www..au/social/simon-gittany-girlfriend-lisa-harnum/

:seeya:
Cluesy, RL hasn't been charged with anything in relation to this case so there is nothing preventing her from profiting from the proceeds of a screenplay, a colouring book, paper dolls etc.

<modsnip>:

Oh Makara you are awful.

Fast off the mark girl and damn hilarious! :loveyou:
:floorlaugh:

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...-will-see-of-him/story-fnet09p2-1226770560480

Simon Gittany's new life in jail and what his girlfriend will see of him

Very informative article. Thanks Sleepinoz. I particularly like these comments.

Wherever he goes in his limited access to parts of Silverwater prison, Gittany will be under video camera surveillance.

The dreary routine of prison time will set in, and is unlikely to change until Gittany is sentenced next year, after which he will be transferred to a maximum security jail like Goulburn or Lithgow.

There he will meet murderers far more infamous than himself, such as the Anita Cobby and the Janine Balding killers.

BBM.

I really can't see "Ms. Louise" taking time out of her busy life to visit SG for very long, it at all.

Stand by for the new RL doll - The Geez Louise Doll, complete with big boobies, empty head and her very own cigarette lighter. :scared:

......and the 'special guest' in Neighbours :floorlaugh:

Very informative article. Thanks Sleepinoz. I particularly like these comments.

BBM.

I really can't see "Ms. Louise" taking time out of her busy life to visit SG for very long, it at all.

IMO : If it's newsworthy, she'll be there. :fence:

Lisa Harnum's mum leaves Australia as Simon Gittany's family gathers in the wake of his guilty verdict

by: Mark Morri and Ben McClellan
November 28, 2013 5:04PM

THE family of Lisa Harnum have left the country leas than 24 hours after a guilty verdict was handed down to Simon Gittany for the murder of his fiancée in July, 2011.

Arriving at Sydney International Airport just after 11am, Ms Harnum's brother Jason and mother Joan were joined by detectives who had worked on the case.

Mrs Harnun, wearing a white ribbon in support of ending violence against women, stopped to give a final hug to detectives and thank them for their hard work during the trial before boarding a flight to return to Vancouver.

JoanHarnum_zpse4462beb.jpg

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...s-guilty-verdict/story-fni0cx12-1226770061973

From the above link...

""Neighbours said they were unaware the simple home with a beaten looking exterior was the family home of one of the state's most high-profile murderers""

Meantime the #1 son lived it up in a million dollar apartment....what is wrong with that picture!?!??!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne