GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-storey fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strangely enough, a surge of pity for his 'plight' is NOT welling up in my heart...

Is this a plea for donations...?

What a .

I'm surprised that he didn't try to portray himself as a victim. I'm glad he didn't too. I could imagine him trying to accuse the police of framing him but there was so much evidence against him. The fact that he got his brother to steal the crucial hard drive footage under the pretense of not trusting police is so dodgy.

In my honest opinion, the whole family is probably scum. I probably should post links to relevant articles but we know:
Mother - allegedly assaulted police in the incident when SG bit off part of the ear of a police officer BUT never prosecuted
One of the sisters - verbally abusing police in the above incident
Brother - tampering with evidence in a murder trial, aiding a murderer after the criminal act

I wouldn't worry too much. She's already making a big fool of herself. My gut tells me current affairs programs like 60 mins will probably approach for an interview, but she'll want to be paid (of course) and they all know that doesn't go down well in the public's eye. I think she's already on track for a ruined career before it's even started. IMO.

:trainwreck:

All good points...

I will rest easier now...

:countsheep:

one person absent from all this Gittany hoo-haa is Mr Gittany senior, himself.. no sign, no pic, no word, no appearance.. dead? missing? in hiding? lots of hot air from Mum and the sis, activity from the bro, but Daddy is glaringly absent... any goss?

one person absent from all this Gittany hoo-haa is Mr Gittany senior, himself.. no sign, no pic, no word, no appearance.. dead? missing? in hiding? lots of hot air from Mum and the sis, activity from the bro, but Daddy is glaringly absent... any goss?

I have seen 2 pics of him on the verandah of the house the data fter SG was found guilty. In one he is wearing a white singlet and the other he's wearing a short sleeve button through shirt not buttoned up.

I'll look for a link.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/com...-a-tough-judgealone-trial-20131128-2ye11.html

Sounds to me like, between the lawyers for the initial committal hearing and the lawyers for the eventual 4 week trial, SG's legal bill may have exceeded what he could afford. Doesn't look like family and friends coughed up supporting funds either. Perhaps they realised early on that this doggie, with plenty of form, was a bad bet afterall.

It will be interesting to see, if he has grounds for an appeal at all, how he will fund the next chapter or if now he would qualify for legal aid.

I know we can't sleuth RL, but I do wonder where her money comes from? $500 pw rent $1500 handbags, etc. how much does a model earn? I mean she's not famous she's defs not earning the big bucks!!

I think SG was still dealing and it's BS that she is supporting him all MOO of course!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...s-guilty-verdict/story-fni0cx12-1226770061973

In 1991, the then 18-year-old appeared in court for a cowardly attack on a man who dared to stand up to Gittany for harassing his ex-girlfriend.
Court documents reveal Gittany punched the defenceless man while the man was being held down by one of his mates.

This is what he was like as a youth of 18 years! It appears that he emerged from his childhood and adolescence experiences to approach difficulties with violence and abuse; this seems to have gone on to develop into criminal activity and now, a conviction for murder.

What's the Sri Lankin word for "welcome"? I can't find an online translation.

What's the Sri Lankin word for "welcome"? I can't find an online translation.

I found there are two Sri Lankan languages, Sinhalese and Tamil:

Sinhalese
Welcome : ස්වාගත (swagatha)
you are welcome : sa-dha .ra .yen .piliganimu

http://dictionary.tamilcube.com/sinhala-dictionary.aspx

Tamil:

English term or phrase: Welcome
"Welcome", such as welcome to my home or shop etc.

varuge, vaange or nalvaravu

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/english_to_tamil/other/244698-welcome.html

I found there are two Sri Lankan languages, Sinhalese and Tamil:

Sinhalese
Welcome : ස්වාගත (swagatha)
you are welcome : sa-dha .ra .yen .piliganimu

http://dictionary.tamilcube.com/sinhala-dictionary.aspx

Tamil:

English term or phrase: Welcome
"Welcome", such as welcome to my home or shop etc.

varuge, vaange or nalvaravu

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/english_to_tamil/other/244698-welcome.html

Thank you Isis. Interesting language isn't it?

do you think there are any grounds for appeal in this case?
could he appeal on the grounds that the witness account could be doubtful even though the judge ruled otherwise?

Superbird, I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of this, but I can't see any 'real' grounds for appeal. But who knows what shifty lawyers could come up with?

do you think there are any grounds for appeal in this case?
could he appeal on the grounds that the witness account could be doubtful even though the judge ruled otherwise?

Welcome superbird! :seeya:

In one of the articles somewhere, it said that it would be unlikely that any other judge would go against the findings of the judge in this case.

It leads me to believe that jury trials are more likely to be appealed than judge-only trials.

The judge was very careful to put in her verdict WHY she believed the witness, and how she herself surveyed the scene from where the witness stood/walked, and how he had a very clear view of what happened, and how she found him credible.

I think she has substantiated her findings in that regard very completely. In fact, I think she has substantiated her findings in all regards very completely. If you have time, read through the verdict. It is very well-written, every finding is justified completely. If anything could be challenged in the future, she made it clear that she did not take that piece of evidence into account.

Justice McCallum did her job very well and very thoroughly.

It

"SHE claims to have stripped in Las Vegas, tongue kissed Woody Harrelson in New York and accepted diamond necklaces from strangers who took her to dinner: and then she dated Simon Gittany."

"She did occasional work at Spearmint Rhino gentleman's club in Vegas, and as a masseuse in London."

Her resume must be a doozy.

:dramaqueen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members