GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-story fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She said what? Rachelle Louise defends boyfriend Simon Gittany in exclusive Sunday Night interview

9. ON SIMON THROWING LISA OUT THE WINDOW
“I’m 50 kilos. Do you think you could pick me up?
“I think it’s physically impossible what they’re saying that he did.”

Wrong RL!!!
:banghead:

picture.php

Supplied photos of Lisa Harnum from High School friend Sarah Faust. Lisa Harnum pictured with Simon Gittany. Source: News Limited

'

Gittany is muscular, I bet stronger than the journo. Look how tiny Lisa is!
Lisa's hair was possibly waist length. A plait is strong enough to tow a car. If you're being held by the hair it renders you nearly defenceless. I wouldn't be surprised if he used it to control her or even worse to strangle her. Possible but not probable.

Where is Ch7 getting their money from!!!!! All these payments to criminals and their associates. Poor judgement, poor ethics, and poor financial management IMO.

Totally agree - I am angry at this type of restriction - this case is 'in the Public Interest' - the public pay for aspects of these trials - no party should be contracted to silence on such important matters. They are also restricting the persons liberty to speak freely.

They say 'Money Talks' but it seems not in these Legal cases anymore - and that is dangerous precept when it comes to any form of free speech.
Chanel 7 have done the same thing with Shapelle Corby - she was not seen leaving the jail, because of a Chanel 7 restriction 'gag' contract.

I also think that further down the track it would be very important to see what hindsight makes of this.
For those involved in this case, being only questioned by one person in an interview after the fact (lets say after todays court) many many things are lost. Many many questions are not asked, and many opportunities which are spur of the moment realizations are not actualized. We don't see the spontaneous emotional reactions of the people effected - heck, today we didnt even see or hear from Gittanys girlfriend about what she felt, thought. There is now a huge void which effects the publics understanding of the incident and the times after climax of these cases - the reality is being replaced with the scripted/edited/orchestrated followup.

I just think this is disgusting - and I bet there are some journalists/friends/relatives/legals/joe public's out there tonight wondering how this can happen.

Certainly, pay the people for an exclusive interview - but how dare they contract them not to speak to anyone - I don't think they have that right to do so - contractually or not.

How will we look back on these cases in 18 years time - lets say, when Gittany comes up for parole. What we will remember about what happened this day after the sentencing went down? A comment from a sister, and a snark remark from the public Gallery.... and two Silenced Families?

The way this has gone down, with the lack of respect for the Public Interest is criminal Channel7 - hang your greedy, coveting, corporate, ill-advised, narcissistic heads in shame - this has gone too far - you are no better than the person on trial today for the way you have selfishly restricted your controlled interests.

:silenced:

Thank goodness for Sarah Faust who took the photo of Gittany with poor Lisa over his shoulder.
This picture says so much - his posture, his bravado, his ease of hand - yes, he certainly could manage to hold Lisa 5 foot from the ground and throw her from the balcony - indeed.

And beyond a doubt, he was witnessed doing exactly that.

Thank goodness for Sarah Faust who took the photo of Gittany with poor Lisa over his shoulder.
This picture says so much - his posture, his bravado, his ease of hand - yes, he certainly could manage to hold Lisa 5 foot from the ground and throw her from the balcony - indeed.

And beyond a doubt, he was witnessed doing exactly that.

FigTree they really just don't get it do they! Two witnesses and still they are in BS denial. What ignorant fools they are.

Scum with money is only scum with money.
Just plain scum but with more scum power.

ICUNURSE?
In the short time between Lisa's attack and her death, would bruising have formed & would the autopsy show bruising, say specific finger marks other than the horrific injuries from the fall.

The final verdict now is in,
as the defendant stands in tears,
if only i had done as well....
given 10 to 20 years.

Author unknown.......

Lisa Harnum ~ Born 12 June 1981 ~ Gone too soon

el4ifo.jpg

http://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/21394443/murderer-simon-gittany-to-learn-fate/

Convicted balcony killer Simon Gittany's new lover reacts to his 26-year sentence
YAHOO!7, by JODIE SPEERS, ANGIE ASIMUS & AGENCIES February 11, 2014, 6:08 pm

"The Supreme Court broke out in cheers today as Simon Gittany was sentenced to spend up to 26 years behind bars...his new girlfriend Rachelle Louise has told 7News she knew he'd be going away for a long time..."

Good article with comments from White Ribbon about women finding themselves in abusive relationships.

So we are onward toward the appeal. I guess that will mean SG will spend another 18months minimum behind bars until we find out the outcome. Will it be like Gordon Wood or Kelli Lane? The differences are many but the main one being in the case of SG we have an eyewitness. If the eyewitness evidence can stand up to the barrage that the defence will unleash then the appeal may fail. I suspect there will be an all out attack on the Rathmell evidence. The critical point will be, can you accurately discern what happened at a distance of 93m? The judge in the first case thought so but will the 3 appeal judges agree? I have tested what I can see over 93m on a clear day and came to the view that I could quite easily tell the difference between someone unloading rubbish and someone reaching down to grab an object from a balcony. If that test holds up then SG prospects on appeal are limited. I think SG also starts behind the eight ball due to the fact that he has already had a judge only trial whereas in the case of KL and GW they were both jury trials which were then reviewed by judges which gives a much greater chance of overturn I would have thought........

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...ome-sum-from-sunday-night-20140211-32fct.html

Channel 7 still conducting interviews to include in Sunday Night's show.

Simon Gittany's girlfriend gets handsome sum from Sunday Night
February 11, 2014 - 9:27PM by Nick Galvin

Industry insiders put estimate on Seven's cheque to the girlfriend of killer Simon Gittany.
Channel Seven has paid $150,000 to Rachelle Louise, the girlfriend of killer Simon Gittany, for a two-part Sunday Night interview, according to industry insiders.

Channel Seven has paid $150,000 to Rachelle Louise, the girlfriend of killer Simon Gittany, for a two-part Sunday Night interview, according to industry insiders.

"Insiders close to the negotiations added that there was no “auction” for Louise's story. It was suggested she chose to go with Seven ..."

"Seven has confirmed that a second part to the interview with Louise will air on Sunday. The network confirmed it was still conducting interviews today for the program...".

ICUNURSE?
In the short time between Lisa's attack and her death, would bruising have formed & would the autopsy show bruising, say specific finger marks other than the horrific injuries from the fall.

TGY - it's just too short a period of time - and a massive trauma. If a hyoid fracture was present (small, somewhat fragile bone in neck) - which happens some, but not all, of the time with strangling it could be rather telling and I imagine, mentioned in the Crown case, but strangulation can occur without this break, and I have seen a hyoid fracture as a result of simply whiplash in a high speed MVA. The defence may have been able to sucessfully refute it's presence with statistics or examples.

Signs of strangulation and suffocation in the eyes - like bleeding of the sclera wouln't have developed to a significant enough extent to differentiate between that and the fall.

The ONLY way that SG could have covered up this murder was in the way that he did - in the timeframe that he did - before more damning evidence - bruising patterns, etc, could form. Even arson wouldn't have been effective, as it would have become apparent that she wasn't breathing due to the lack of smoke inhalation.

TGY - it's just too short a period of time - and a massive trauma. If a hyoid fracture was present (small, somewhat fragile bone in neck) - which happens some, but not all, of the time with strangling it could be rather telling and I imagine, mentioned in the Crown case, but strangulation can occur without this break, and I have seen a hyoid fracture as a result of simply whiplash in a high speed MVA. The defence may have been able to sucessfully refute it's presence with statistics or examples.

Signs of strangulation and suffocation in the eyes - like bleeding of the sclera wouln't have developed to a significant enough extent to differentiate between that and the fall.

The ONLY way that SG could have covered up this murder was in the way that he did - in the timeframe that he did - before more damning evidence - bruising patterns, etc, could form. Even arson wouldn't have been effective, as it would have become apparent that she wasn't breathing due to the lack of smoke inhalation.

I have always wondered if, with that strong handhold over Lisa's airways, she may have gone into a faint quite quickly, and been easier to handle or been unable to fight back anymore.

Do you know about how long it would take a person of Lisa's small size to faint or become woozy, icu nurse?

The blame game!
Everyone can enter this game, it's free.
Now just join the circle and start pointing fingers
START NOW.

At his sentence hearing on Thursday, Justice Lucy McCallum said the "defiant denial of guilt" of Ms Harnum's murder only hampered Gittany's future prospects.

"The whole family is actively engaged in a protest," she told the Supreme Court.

"It goes towards maintaining the rage and maintaining the denial which is generally seen as an impediment to rehabilitation."

http://www.news.com.au/national/sim...r-of-lisa-harnum/story-fncynjr2-1226824164552

Simon Gittany sentenced to at least 18 years behind bars for the murder of Lisa Harnum FEBRUARY 12, 2014

SENTENCING THE FINAL ACT FOR DILIGENT OFFICERS Amy Dale

"AMID the dramatic scenes of the family of Simon Gittany leaving court yesterday... a single row of police officers stood among the chaos...The work of Sgt Weekes and the other investigating officers at Surry Hills station has been commended by the police force at large... Some court watchers who attended every day of the trial applauded the officers as they left the Taylor Square complex yesterday...Officers from one station sent the detectives a bottle of champagne to commend them on the guilty verdict...".

It is not an easy process before the Courts to achieve a guilty verdict, especially as evidence appears to have been tampered with i.e. the computer hardware went missing.

Senior Crown prosecutor Mark Tedeschi QC told the court during sentencing submissions last week that were it not for the pinhole camera installed at the apartment, or the “fortuitous observations” (of Mr Rathmell), Gittany could have “successfully portrayed” Ms Harnum’s death as suicide.

Thank you to the diligent men & women police officers of the NSW Police Force Investigating team. Your work has achieved Justice for the victim and her family.

:cheers: :takeabow:

I have always wondered if, with that strong handhold over Lisa's airways, she may have gone into a faint quite quickly, and been easier to handle or been unable to fight back anymore.

Do you know about how long it would take a person of Lisa's small size to faint or become woozy, icu nurse?

SouthAussie same here. My daughter thinks he's innocent so I told her to hold her breath she only made it to 30 seconds. I'm thinking Lisa's heart and fear could help bring on a faint.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back