GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-story fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Rachell Louise was saying in the teasers for the show, it was impossible for Gittany to pick up Lisa and throw her over the balcony.
I remember messaging the producer of the show about this photo and he called me frothing at the mouth about it. It was then slotted into the
show.

iirc this pic was originally posted by Makara. We miss you Makara.

d27e98a2963c1efee6bbafdf39098647
Very persuasive way to show that picking up Lisa’s 50kg frame was really not an issue. Nice work.

How Lisa Harnum almost escaped her deadly romance.
In her last few days alive, Lisa Cecilia Harnum believed she could survive and get away, free from the control of her boyfriend Simon Gittany.
Surveillance cameras he installed in the apartment watched her physical movement.

In the early hours of Saturday, July 30, 2011, with a bag packed, Lisa Harnum ducked into the bathroom of the apartment she shared with Gittany and called her mother.

She was panicked, warning Joan Harnum in Scarborough, Canada, to contact her Australian friend Michelle Hammond if anything happened.

But, she said, “I’ll call and talk to you … as soon as I can. However I can.”

Joan Harnum would never receive that call.

How Lisa Harnum almost escaped her deadly romance

This is why Lisa's mum has pushed for a discreet safe room for women attempting to escape domestic violence.

In her last few days alive, Lisa Cecilia Harnum believed she could survive and get away, free from the control of her boyfriend Simon Gittany.
The clock was ticking towards Saturday, July 30, 2011, but still she thought she could escape with her life.

In fact, Harnum was well into the “danger time”, the period when a woman in a relationship with a controlling man is at a high risk of violence or death.

On average, one woman a week is murdered by her current or former partner.

Almost 10 women a day are hospitalised for assault injuries at the hands of a spouse or domestic partner.

Every day in May, as part of Domestic and Family Violence Awareness Month, news.com.au will tell the stories behind those shocking statistics.

As domestic violence counsellors tell the victims of controlling relationships, the signs are there but the obsessive narcissist can initially seem charming.

His need to know where you are every moment of the day may seem flattering, at first.

As his obsession develops and intensifies, it seems as if he is just falling very much in love with you.

The control begins....

I just saw this story on ID tonight: I had never heard of this story before tonight. As I was watching it I kept thinking why is she putting up with his total controlling behavior? I just could not understand it--- For so long she put up with his extreme controlling behavior It blew my mind that she didn't seem unhappy- she would explain to her family and friends that he was controlling, not to send her messages and all of that, yet she didn't seem to want to leave him: in fact they got engaged. he controlled everything in her life from what she ate, to who she was allowed to speak to, to how she dressed---By the time she had enough and wanted out of the relationship, it was too late-- he murdered her. My question is though, why did she put up with all of his massive controlling behavior for so long without seeming to mind, until it reached a point she could not take it anymore. I am not blaming the victim here- I just don't understand why she put up with it for so long- I can't even imagine putting up with that type of extreme controlling behavior for five minutes, let alone a year. She was so beautiful with so much life in her, and little by little he drained the life from her--- Maybe she thought his controlling behavior meant that he loved her so much----- I don't know, but it is a horrible and tragic story

Last edited:
I just saw this story on ID tonight: I had never heard of this story before tonight. As I was watching it I kept thinking why is she putting up with his total controlling behavior? I just could not understand it--- For so long she put up with his extreme controlling behavior It blew my mind that she didn't seem unhappy- she would explain to her family and friends that he was controlling, not to send her messages and all of that, yet she didn't seem to want to leave him: in fact they got engaged. he controlled everything in her life from what she ate, to who she was allowed to speak to, to how she dressed---By the time she had enough and wanted out of the relationship, it was too late-- he murdered her. My question is though, why did she put up with all of his massive controlling behavior for so long without seeming to mind, until it reached a point she could not take it anymore. I am not blaming the victim here- I just don't understand why she put up with it for so long- I can't even imagine putting up with that type of extreme controlling behavior for five minutes, let alone a year. She was so beautiful with so much life in her, and little by little he drained the life from her--- Maybe she thought his controlling behavior meant that he loved her so much----- I don't know, but it is a horrible and tragic story

Lisa was in contact with her mum and was the throws of leaving, that's when it's so dangerous. It's known as separation assault.
When you decide to go, don't look back with NO further contact.

I have thought of him often. Wondering how he is surviving in prison. I think he is grey haired by now. No dying your hair in prison. Anyone heard anything about the girlfriend? She took the money from the T,V. Interview and was then going to study to be a lawyer and get him out.

I have thought of him often. Wondering how he is surviving in prison. I think he is grey haired by now. No dying your hair in prison. Anyone heard anything about the girlfriend? She took the money from the T,V. Interview and was then going to study to be a lawyer and get him out.

I am still left wondering why she allowed him to control her so completely. She would say things to her mother like he won't let me do this or that and I am thinking, he can only control you if you let him. It is a tragic story.

Our eagle eyed TheyllGetYou member spotted Ms Louise, the 'girlfriend' rabbitting away on the TV, a paid spruiker for some sort of Funeral Plan for pensioners... :D .... we all screamed when we saw it. It was her, alright!.. I ask you... what were people thinking??>..

She certainly has not emerged from any law school. I think she finally realised that Gittany was perhaps a very dead end, and kicked him to the kerb, at least, publicly.. Privately, who knows,.. people do the oddest things.

How he is surviving in Goulburn , I don't know. ...

Last edited:
I am still left wondering why she allowed him to control her so completely. She would say things to her mother like he won't let me do this or that and I am thinking, he can only control you if you let him. It is a tragic story.
She was a battered woman, in every sense of the word. He started early on her, and he had quite a few advantages, from a controllers point of view. She was young, she was a very long way from home and all that means, she had rather frail support systems, as so many single migrants do, she had an intermittent work problem, which made housing difficult, she thought he loved her. ...

This can happen , and one can say, ohhhh not to me. .. but it can. It is worth reading up on how exactly it does happen, to the most brilliant women, women of terrific beauty and charm, from the dumbest to the cleverest.

May 8, 2015
Louise defends belief in Gittany's innocence

Rachelle Louise has settled her defamation case against The Daily Telegraph, with the newspaper admitting it was incorrect to refer to her as a stripper.

Ms Louise, the former girlfriend of convicted murderer Simon Gittany, sued Nationwide News for defamation over three articles published by The Daily Telegraph in late 2013 and early 2014, alleging she was portrayed as a prostitute, a stripper, a bimbo, and a "deluded woman" for standing by a killer.
The terms of the settlement are confidential, although Fairfax Media understands Ms Louise will be paid about $180,000.

Each party will pay its own legal costs.

Simon Gittany's ex-partner Rachelle Louise changed name while at CBA, now studying law, court hears

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston
Back