Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have just answered my own question,
if the home is surety for bail, doesn't that mean, he does not pay money up front?????
Rats.:(:(:(:(
Not many people have bank accounts with money like that in them. If they have that much money it is in property or investments, not cash on hand.

But when found Guilty, isn't the bail money still returned????
So eventually does not cost them monetary wise, being on bail!!!
Yes, the bail money is returned. It is just a promise that he will appear in court. You cannot punish his wife for something that he has done.

When a home is used as surety for bail, a caveat is put on the house by the courts. So it cannot be sold until the caveat is removed, and that would be after any trial is completed.

Lodging property as bail security

I interpretted the info in this link as no money would change hands, only a caveat placed on the house. Is that incorrect?

If he wasn't thick as two short planks, Chris could have said he told Lyn he was in love with Joanne and Lyn was in such an agitated state that she ran out of the house without taking anything. Slightly more plausible than saying she ran off to join a religious cult. But yeah, nah, if that had happened, Lyn would have been found long before now.

Does it say that he has a mortgage? Or has he taken out another to meet his brother's bail requirements?

Peter mortgaged his property, but Chris didn't.
"Key points
  • The magistrate said Chris Dawson does not pose an unacceptable risk to the community
  • His brother has mortgaged his house to help pay a $1.5 million surety to meet bail
  • Mr Dawson's lawyer said he has received threats in prison which are now being investigated by police"

Chris Dawson granted bail after being charged with wife Lyn's alleged murder

Chris Dawson granted bail after being charged with wife Lyn's alleged murder

Outside court, Mr Dawson's lawyer, Greg Walsh, welcomed the decision, saying there was no evidence his client was a flight risk.

"He appeared at two coronial inquests and he has never tried to flee the country before — this is the right decision," Mr Walsh said.

He appeared at the inquests? What?

His solicitor, Greg Walsh, needs to come up to speed on this case. Chris, Paul and Marilyn did not attend any of the inquests and were criticised for it.

Attachments

• 88B8BEA4-F9E4-4B37-B2AA-CA304800EB1B.jpeg
    88B8BEA4-F9E4-4B37-B2AA-CA304800EB1B.jpeg
    18.8 KB · Views: 24
The issue is not even the twins can tell each other apart when looking in a mirror, how could passport officers? They said so in the Chequerboard program.

“Quite often, you will see a reflection of yourself and straight away you think, ‘ha, it’s the other one, it’s the twin brother’,” one of the twins tells the interviewer.

“Of course, on realisation, it’s obviously yourself, you sort of have a little chuckle that you could be confused. Our whole lives really are a mirrored reflection each other.”

Strange world of the Dawson twins

Has anyone heard from Paul since Chris was arrested? Peter has been active in the media.

I don't believe that. The identical twins that I know were, as children and young men so difficult to tell their mother used to sometimes ask 'which one are you?' but as they have aged the only time I cannot tell them apart is at a distance. They are still very much alike but with small differences.
Yes, I agree about the passports, what I don't agree with is that they could mistake each other in a mirror.

The comment was tongue in cheek. Peter is making outlandish comments. If someone says they get can't tell if it's them or their brother in the mirror then why not use that against them. It WAS 43 years ago the show was aired so things have changed.

Maybe this means that Sue's equity in the house won't be at stake. Only Chris's share.

Yes, I think you are correct.

The house is deemed to be worth around $1 million, the bail surety that Chris is providing is $750,000. With Peter providing the other $750,000 surety.

Perhaps Sue's equity is estimated at 1/4 of the house?

I notice also that Chris is not to go within 1km of an international departure point.

His strict bail conditions including him putting up a surety of $750,000 based on the $1 million Sunshine Coast home he shares with his third wife Suzanne.

Chris Dawson has to live at Coolum, surrender his passport, not go within 1km of any point of international departure and report daily to Maroochydore Police Station.
We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph - December 17, 2018

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members