Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I think you are correct.

The house is deemed to be worth around $1 million, the bail surety that Chris is providing is $750,000. With Peter providing the other $750,000 surety.

Perhaps Sue's equity is estimated at 1/4 of the house?

I notice also that Chris is not to go within 1km of any part of an international departure point.

His strict bail conditions including him putting up a surety of $750,000 based on the $1 million Sunshine Coast home he shares with his third wife Suzanne.

Chris Dawson has to live at Coolum, surrender his passport, not go within 1km of any point of international departure and report daily to Maroochydore Police Station.
We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph - December 17, 2018
Avoiding an international departure point is going to be tricky. Coolum is about 6km from Sunshine Coast Airport which flies to NZ I believe and to travel anywhere south he'll almost certainly have to use the Sunshine Coast Motorway, which passes the airport at a road distance of about 1.4km, or within 500m of some parts of the airport as the crow flies.

‘[Dawson’s lawyer, Greg Walsh] also questioned the "credit and reliability" of the "principal witness", Dawson's mistress and second wife.

Chris Dawson granted bail

I think they will attack Joanne with vigour. She is the key to revealing Chris' lies and intent. They do not see her as a controlled and manipulated victim.
I hope that she has a strong support network around her.

Chris Dawson granted bail after being charged with wife Lyn's alleged murder

Outside court, Mr Dawson's lawyer, Greg Walsh, welcomed the decision, saying there was no evidence his client was a flight risk.

"He appeared at two coronial inquests and he has never tried to flee the country before — this is the right decision," Mr Walsh said.

He appeared at the inquests? What?
lmao!
oh this is good.

the prosecution are gunna have a field day with this one... birds of a feather.... :cool::cool:

credibility isn't his strong suit!

Avoiding an international departure point is going to be tricky. Coolum is about 6km from Sunshine Coast Airport which flies to NZ I believe and to travel anywhere south he'll almost certainly have to use the Sunshine Coast Motorway, which passes the airport at a road distance of about 1.4km, or within 500m of some parts of the airport as the crow flies.

Part of the bail conditions are that he can't go to any international port of departure. It's a big gamble if he was to do so.
"Magistrate Williams said if Mr Dawson was found guilty at trial he will “receive a lengthy custodial sentence”. As part of his bail conditions, Mr Dawson will be required as he awaits trial to report to police daily, surrender his passport, not approach any international point of departure, and not go further than 20kms from his Coolum residence except when required to attend court."

Chris Dawson to walk free on bail

I was looking at photos from The Australian gallery called Lyn Dawson: A Life In Pictures.

Lyn and Joanne looked amazingly similar when they were at the same ages.

oq9dmv.jpg
1z6cq55.jpg

Nocookies
The Australian - Lyn Dawson: A Life In Pictures

I think they will attack Joanne with vigour. She is the key to revealing Chris' lies and intent. They do not see her as a controlled and manipulated victim.
I hope that she has a strong support network around her.

I imagine it probably took Joanne a long time to get over her time with Chris. It was only when she got out she probably got her confidence back. Found out what a normal life is like. Given the family life she came from.

I am now wondering what type of a woman Sue Dawson really is!

Could be yet another gullible woman who had been charmed by Chris some years ago, and who doesn't want to lose her home through it being sold to make bail (or have it remortgaged with her being responsible for half the debt).
Maybe she has been convinced to let Chris reside with her, otherwise they will force a sale or remortgage.

I wonder at the state of their marriage, with Chris being located 2½ hours away in a granny flat at Sherryn's house when he was arrested. Presumably Sue told police where to find him.

When he was arrested early on Wednesday morning it was at the granny flat connected to his daughter Sherryn’s Gold Coast home. Sherryn and Shanelle are both also casualties of their mother’s disappearance.
Sherryn believes in their dad’s innocence, labelling the investigation a “witch hunt”.

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph
A look behind the scenes of the marriage of Chris and Lynette Dawson - December 7, 2018

Last edited:
Part of the bail conditions are that he can't go to any international port of departure. It's a big gamble if he was to do so.
"Magistrate Williams said if Mr Dawson was found guilty at trial he will “receive a lengthy custodial sentence”. As part of his bail conditions, Mr Dawson will be required as he awaits trial to report to police daily, surrender his passport, not approach any international point of departure, and not go further than 20kms from his Coolum residence except when required to attend court."

Chris Dawson to walk free on bail
I just hope they put a flag on Paul's passport so that no one can use it without scrutiny.

It has annoyed me when the media say that CD loved JC and that she loved him when it was really grooming, child molestation and abuse. It was not love.
I completely agree. I also find all the “teen lover” comments in the msm incredibly offensive. She was a child who was groomed and abused. Stop using her for headlines.

I completely agree. I also find all the “teen lover” comments in the msm incredibly offensive. She was a child who was groomed and abused. Stop using her for headlines.

Fortunately, some MSM has recognised that and speaks of it ... The Australian and even the DM. I guess they don't know what other term to use after that, besides lover? Victim would likely be more appropriate, but could lead to some legal issues perhaps from the macho Dawsons.
Many of the publications that recognise it, though, have a primarily female readership.

Ms Curtis was just 16 when she was groomed for sex by star footballer Chris Dawson ...
Now 54, Ms Curtis still lives on the city's northern beaches where the sordid events occurred ...
Schoolgirl lover of suspected wife-killer Chris Dawson now a single grandmother haunted by her past | Daily Mail Online

New witnesses have told of seeing murder suspect Chris Dawson’s explosive temper, physically threatening behaviour and possessiveness of the teenage schoolgirl he was grooming, Joanne Curtis.
Nocookies The Australian - November 29, 2018

Schoolmates of Joanne's have recently spoken to media about Chris's inappropriate relationships with students. One student, Michelle Walsh, told A Current Affair that Chris had also groomed her.
How Joanne Curtis Became Chris Dawson's 'Teacher's Pet'

Dawson taught at Cromer High School, and it was there that the teacher groomed 16-year-old student Joanne Curtis in 1981 ...
Chris Dawson Arrest: Who Is Joanne Curtis?

Ms Curtis was just 16-years-old when former-footballer Chris Dawson begun grooming her for sex.
Chris Dawson’s former lover visits police station

Last edited:
Could be yet another gullible woman who had been charmed by Chris some years ago, and who doesn't want to lose her home through it being sold to make bail (or have it remortgaged with her being responsible for half the debt).
Maybe she has been convinced to let Chris reside with her, otherwise they will force a sale or remortgage.

I wonder at the state of their marriage, with Chris being located 2½ hours away in a granny flat at Sherryn's house when he was arrested. Presumably Sue told police where to find him.

When he was arrested early on Wednesday morning it was at the granny flat connected to his daughter Sherryn’s Gold Coast home. Sherryn and Shanelle are both also casualties of their mother’s disappearance.
Sherryn believes in their dad’s innocence, labelling the investigation a “witch hunt”.

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph
A look behind the scenes of the marriage of Chris and Lynette Dawson - December 7, 2018
Despite what the Daily Telegraph says, I believe it was his stepdaughter's home. I heard this elsewhere as well. The article is behind a paywall but you can see the headlines here.
"The moment Dawson was arrested at stepdaughter’s home
This is the moment alleged murderer Chris Dawson was arrested at a Gold Coast home this morning before he faced court accused of killing his wife almost 37 years ago."

No Cookies | Gold Coast Bulletin

Despite what the Daily Telegraph says, I believe it was his stepdaughter's home. I heard this elsewhere as well. The article is behind a paywall but you can see the headlines here.
"The moment Dawson was arrested at stepdaughter’s home
This is the moment alleged murderer Chris Dawson was arrested at a Gold Coast home this morning before he faced court accused of killing his wife almost 37 years ago."

No Cookies | Gold Coast Bulletin

Thanks. I am able to read it, it says (in part) ...

Dawson was taken into custody at the Barnard St home, which is the home of his third wife’s daughter, Kobi Facto.
Mrs Facto is the daughter of Susan Dawson, Dawson’s third wife after missing first wife Lynette and second wife Joanne .....
Mrs Facto is well known in media and public relations circles on the Gold Coast, previously the public relations executive for Hotel QT Gold Coast.
Chris and Susan Dawson still own a house together, next door to Ms Facto’s home, which is currently a rental property.

In June after Dawson’s daughter Sherryn Terepo (nee Dawson) defended her father's innocence, calling the case a "witch hunt", Mrs Facto told the Bulletin she agreed.

Mrs Facto denied any coronial inquests had even taken place and claimed he never slept with any of his students.

(It also says stuff about Paul's family, his daughter also living in that same area, and Paul's van being seen in the area.)

Last edited:

I was wondering about this, as I saw in another article that is says February 19th is the next court date. I guess we will see more accuracy in reporting as the date gets a little closer - then we will know for sure which date it is.

He will appear before the court on February 19 next year.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...ith-1-5-million-security-20181217-p50mnr.html

If he jumped though, couldn't they sell the house out from under Sue?

When Tony Mokbel got bail his sister-in-law Renate Mokbel put up her Downs St Brunswick house as the $1m surety.

Fat Tony decided to take a cruise and go and live in Athens.

As a result, Renate Mokbel's house was to be seized. Until...

It was revealed the house was a part of a family trust, JR Mokbel Pty Ltd, and was already frozen by court order. This hampered efforts to sell the house and it wasn't sold for about 8 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9