Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So according to 9 news the hold up on getting his bail is having his house evaluated.
Oh dear. Chris would never overvalue his house would he? I know location is everything, but it looked like a boring suburban home to me that you might find in the western suburbs of Sydney. How close to the beach is it?

I am kinda hoping that the banks take as long as they often do with this kind of paperwork.
And with Christmas hours happening soon, even longer .....

BBM
How To Remortgage Your Home
..... You will need to complete the lender's application form and provide proof of income (such as bank statements or accounts if you are self-employed) and proof of identity.

Step eight: Wait to hear from your new lender
It will send you an agreement in principle based on the details you have provided, then commission a survey of your home to ensure it is happy to accept it as security for the loan. Once all the fees are paid and the lender's survey is completed, your new lender will send you a mortgage offer.....
The process will take at least a month ....
How to remortgage your home

The remortgaging can be done in a couple of days. Pretty sure they would know what is needed.

Imagine filling out the paperwork - 2 x mortgages wanted for Bail purposes!
Actually would the banks offer a mortgage to a potential criminal? Also is CD working?How would he support this loan? I'm inclined to think it would be a caveat as opposed to a mortgage.

I think it is 1 mortgage (Peter to provide 750,000) and 1 caveat on the house. There is not a loan against Chris's place just an interest registered.

If CD and/or bro's properties cannot be remortgaged. I guess twin one and Mrs will have to step up.
Geez, we have heard zip, from them.
Does CD have to be found guilty before the children can stake their claim to their inheritance from their mother? Or can they ensure that their inheritence is not put at risk?

According to this article, multiple family members have offered their properties as surety. It also says he was expected to be released this morning, but that sounds debatable from more recent news reports. I wonder who is feeding the media this information?

Dawson, 70, was granted bail on Monday after family members, including his twin brother, offered their homes as surety to a value of $1.5 million.
Dawson was not released from custody on Monday as Corrective Services NSW worked into the evening to process his release.
He is expected to be released on Tuesday morning .....
Dawson to be released from NSW prison - 9News

I love all your work in sleuthing the bail arrangements:D

For this matter, the housing crash and tighter lending rules cannot come soon enough :D:eek::confused:

If the properties have decreased 10% in value... Banks then slash 25% for a conservative valuation..... etc etc

Oh dear. Chris would never overvalue his house would he? I know location is everything, but it looked like a boring suburban home to me that you might find in the western suburbs of Sydney. How close to the beach is it?

Pretty close, a matter of a few hundred metres.

This article gives the location. It also says they paid $366,000 for the property in 2008. They built a 2 storey home on it, added a swimming pool. It was reported in September (this year) that realtors had valued it between $800,000 and $900,000.

PressReader.com - Connecting People Through News

Accused murderer Chris Dawson’s other family

Exerts and paraphrasing from the above article :

Chris Dawson’s third wife Sue has stuck with the accused murderer for 28 years.

After meeting in 1990 or shortly thereafter, science teacher Sue and PE teacher Chris lived happily at Yeppoon, near Rockhampton, on Queensland’s Capricorn Coast.

There, as Sue taught science at St Brendan’s Catholic Boys School, Chris was a teacher at St Ursula’s Girls College.

Sue’s twin children, Kobi and Jaga, took on the name of Dawson while at school in Yeppoon.

In the small coastal town, which then had a population of about 10,000 people, Chris Dawson’s traumatic history was unknown.

Sue’s twins attended Sacred Heart Primary School and were known by the surname of Dawson.

Graduating to high school, Jaga went to St Brendan’s College and Kobi to St Ursula’s.

But in 2001, the disappearance of Lyn Dawson became news as an inquest was held, followed by another inquest in 2003.

Both inquests concluded there was one person of interest in Lyn’s disappearance and that was Chris Dawson.

The national publicity of the Lyn Dawson case was followed by the disappearance of Sue and Chris Dawson from Yeppoon.

The couple moved to the Sunshine Coast and also have a property on the Gold Coast at Biggera Waters, a 15-minute drive from the home of Paul and Marilyn Dawson.

Jaga no longer has Dawson as his last name and has reverted to his biological father’s surname, but remains friends on Facebook with Chris Dawson’s eldest daughter Shanelle.

Kobi, now a mother of two, has taken her husband’s surname.

With his release from prison in time for Christmas, Chris Dawson and his wife Sue will now have to wait at least 18 months until a trial, but which may not go ahead until 2021.

Chris Dawson has had his release from a Sydney prison delayed over bail document hold-ups with the more than $1 million posted by his family.

He was expected to be out on Tuesday, but the bail document delays meant he spent another night in Silverwater Correctional Centre and was still yet to be released on Wednesday.

Chris Dawson release from jail delayed

Accused murderer Chris Dawson’s other family

Exerts and paraphrasing from the above article :

Chris Dawson’s third wife Sue has stuck with the accused murderer for 28 years.

After meeting in 1990 or shortly thereafter, science teacher Sue and PE teacher Chris lived happily at Yeppoon, near Rockhampton, on Queensland’s Capricorn Coast.

There, as Sue taught science at St Brendan’s Catholic Boys School, Chris was a teacher at St Ursula’s Girls College.

Sue’s twin children, Kobi and Jaga, took on the name of Dawson while at school in Yeppoon.

In the small coastal town, which then had a population of about 10,000 people, Chris Dawson’s traumatic history was unknown.

Sue’s twins attended Sacred Heart Primary School and were known by the surname of Dawson.

Graduating to high school, Jaga went to St Brendan’s College and Kobi to St Ursula’s.

But in 2001, the disappearance of Lyn Dawson became news as an inquest was held, followed by another inquest in 2003.

Both inquests concluded there was one person of interest in Lyn’s disappearance and that was Chris Dawson.

The national publicity of the Lyn Dawson case was followed by the disappearance of Sue and Chris Dawson from Yeppoon.

The couple moved to the Sunshine Coast and also have a property on the Gold Coast at Biggera Waters, a 15-minute drive from the home of Paul and Marilyn Dawson.

Jaga no longer has Dawson as his last name and has reverted to his biological father’s surname, but remains friends on Facebook with Chris Dawson’s eldest daughter Shanelle.

Kobi, now a mother of two, has taken her husband’s surname.

With his release from prison in time for Christmas, Chris Dawson and his wife Sue will now have to wait at least 18 months until a trial, but which may not go ahead until 2021.
Gosh, a rather uncanny resemblance to Lyn IMO!

Someone asked a couple of days ago when Chris stopped teaching. I knew it was around the time of 2003 inquest but in my notes I found this reference.
"Following this year's second inquest, Chris Dawson was stood down from his job in a Queensland girls' school and has since retired from teaching."
Australian Story - Looking for Lyn

That is a really good read. Lyn has sure had some very admirable people fighting for her for all of these years. I hope that both of her daughters will one day recognise that, and know how much their mother loved them ... that she never would have voluntarily left them.

That is a really good read. Lyn has sure had some very admirable people fighting for her for all of these years. I hope that both of her daughters will one day recognise that, and know how much their mother loved them ... that she never would have voluntarily left them.

Some of the footage from the original episode of Australian Story was in the 2018 version. I never saw the original episode but I was basing this on the transcript.

JUST IN: Chris Dawson is expected to remain in jail again tonight, according to a 7 News report.

According to 7, there has been a hold up with securing bail money, via the titles of properties held by Dawson and his brother. However he expected to be released before Christmas.

Chris Dawson's $1.5 bail request finally receives a verdict

Hope Dawson has further problems regarding 'bail money' and sits in jail far longer than anticipated.
I want him, to lose his temper, to be stressed +++, and this continues until trial.
I hope further problems arise here, with Karma doing its great work continually.
Christmas will not be peaceful, thank goodness for the Dawsons.
MOO.

Last edited:
Dawson scrambling to be freed before Xmas - 9News

Chris Dawson remains behind bars with his legal team scrambling to organise the $1.5 million surety needed to secure his release before Christmas.

Efforts to have him released from Silverwater Correction Complex have been delayed partly by the need to have his Sunshine Coast home valued.

His brother, Peter, has also put up his Sydney home as security to meet the strict bail conditions which require Dawson to surrender his passport and report daily to Queensland police.

Dawson's lawyer, Greg Walsh, told AAP he expected his client's home to be valued on Thursday afternoon.

"We're still trying to sort things out," Mr Walsh said.

Dawson scrambling to be freed before Xmas - 9News

Chris Dawson remains behind bars with his legal team scrambling to organise the $1.5 million surety needed to secure his release before Christmas.

Efforts to have him released from Silverwater Correction Complex have been delayed partly by the need to have his Sunshine Coast home valued.

His brother, Peter, has also put up his Sydney home as security to meet the strict bail conditions which require Dawson to surrender his passport and report daily to Queensland police.

Dawson's lawyer, Greg Walsh, told AAP he expected his client's home to be valued on Thursday afternoon.

"We're still trying to sort things out," Mr Walsh said.
I just heard that on the radio. Sad? part is if it can't be done by Christmas then it will probably be the New Year.

They must have to go to the property to do a valuation which would depend on how many others they have to. I am sure they are speeding it up for him?!

Truly, I cannot understand why all this evaluation of homes, money raising, credit squeezing , ratting thru the jam jar stuff was not done, or begun to be done the moment Hedley began asking around in two states. A normal person, guilty or not , would have seen the writing on the wall, the potential for , at some stage, a determination for questions to be asked , and re- asked, and answers demanded, by a lawful authority.

It is hard to believe that Chris, and Paul, and Peter, maintained this idiotic silence, ( as if that would halt all proceedings) and at the same time, fail to round up all available monies, credit, loans , lends, all of it in a nice neat pile, ready for the inevitable!

It convinces me that none of these Dawson blokes are half as clever as they themselves imagine them selves to be. They have blind spots, the huge blind spots of the genetic narcissist.

Either the Dawsons , as a mob, are completely delusional , or / and financially ignorant, and/or simply living in la la land, where by all this current situational uncomfortableness seems to have not even been considered.

They must have all been living in some sort of cloud like area, where normal facts never intrude, people believe what one says forever, wives come and go, children take on surnames and drop them, people move hither and yon, all protected from that terrible realm of reality, where truth, that highly inconvenient concept, occasionally raises it's frightening head and shouts out stuff...

I just heard that on the radio. Sad? part is if it can't be done by Christmas then it will probably be the New Year.

They must have to go to the property to do a valuation which would depend on how many others they have to. I am sure they are speeding it up for him?!
BBM -
Why should they? Everyone valuing their home is borrowing for something they absolutely need;)

It is hard to believe that Chris, and Paul, and Peter, maintained this idiotic silence, ( as if that would halt all proceedings) and at the same time, fail to round up all available monies, credit, loans , lends, all of it in a nice neat pile, ready for the inevitable!
Snipped for quote -
Not too surprised - funny/sad but true - there are those who don't save for retirement, those who don't write a will, and those who don't save for bail money because they are so confident and optimistic, which are supposed to be positive attributes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required