Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Joanne's home with either of her parents was very pleasant. Seems the home was violent and Joanne's mum drank heavily to "cope" with that.

Margot Curtis
Joanne’s mother, now deceased. Margot had a fractious relationship with Joanne, and she drank to deal with her difficult and violent home life. Following Lyn’s disappearance, Margot told police she did not think her daughter Joanne was in a romantic relationship with Chris.

John Curtis
Joanne’s father. John said Margot told him of the sexual relationship between Chris and Joanne when his daughter was still at school. He asked Joanne about it, and she denied it. John never confronted Chris Dawson, nor reported the sports teacher.

Nocookies
The Australian - December 5, 2018
john curtis has stated that he spoke to joanne at the time and gave her an ultimatum.
he didn't speak to chris dawson….. surprisingly.

later he rekindled the relationship with his daughter and visited her in the gated mcmansion at the goldy and was disappointed with the way she spoke to chris's girls.
not sure which episode but its embedded within the teachers pet.
iirc moo

know what holiday poddy ill be revisiting soon!
will take notes this time:)

So, what year was she in when he moved her into his bed? She would not have finished year 12 at 16.

Joanne had just finished her high school education and Chris moved her in January 82 when she had completed her studies
she had been living with lyn and chris doing year 12 until the topless pool incident around late November early December when lyn called her on "taking liberties with her husband' and kicked her out.
she then went to pauls. unbeknown to lyn.
they were hiding joanne for chris.
that's when he put the deposit down on the flat , then tried to put the house on the market without lyns consent and desperately then the week of Christmas ran off with joanne to queensland after leaving lyn a note on the table telling her not to turn the kids against him.

HUGE 4 WEEKS

MOO

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...-going-to-get-rid-of-you-20181214-p50mc5.html

Chris Dawson allegedly contacted a man with "criminal connections" to discuss plans to get rid of his wife Lynette Dawson, a Sydney court has heard.

“She didn't collect her last paycheck, she left contact lenses at home, she didn't pursue a $130 pre-paid ophthalmology appointment. Her clothes were left at home, all of them. She didn't drive, she didn't have a licence, she hasn't left via an international point of departure, she hasn't been to a doctor”, Mr Everson said.

The court heard today that a witness will tell the court at trial that Mr Dawson’s second wife Joanne Curtis told her about the hitman the accused allegedly approached about killing his first wife.

There is another young girl who.... her evidence will be to the effect Joanne said something about the hitman to her...” Crown Prosecutor Craig Everson said.

Nocookies
The Teacher’s Pet: Chris Dawson to stay in jail amid $1.5m bail bid

Wasn't there a student that kept diaries of the time she knew DC?

I think Joanne likely completed at Year 11, at 16 years old. Not everyone did Year 12 back then. The students that went on to Year 12 were mostly heading off to Uni after high school.
Joanne did complete year 12 and started University in Sydney and I assume she stopped it, I assume once she went to Queensland and had her child. She is a Psychologist, so she did complete her degree I assume after the divorce. I will see if I can find references.

According to Mr Walsh, the intense scrutiny generated by the podcast series had also been highly “prejudicial” to his client.
Mr Everson challenged Mr Walsh, who was required to enter the witness box at one point during yesterday’s proceedings, to ask why Mr Dawson’s elder brother Peter, a lawyer, was fuelling more public speculation by making the “ridiculous” claim Lynette might have been a victim of NSW serial killer Ivan Milat.

Mr Walsh conceded he thought Peter Dawson should refrain from any further public comments.

Nocookies
The Teacher’s Pet: Chris Dawson ‘lying to cover his tracks’

According to Mr Walsh, the intense scrutiny generated by the podcast series had also been highly “prejudicial” to his client.
Mr Everson challenged Mr Walsh, who was required to enter the witness box at one point during yesterday’s proceedings, to ask why Mr Dawson’s elder brother Peter, a lawyer, was fuelling more public speculation by making the “ridiculous” claim Lynette might have been a victim of NSW serial killer Ivan Milat.

Mr Walsh conceded he thought Peter Dawson should refrain from any further public comments.

Nocookies
The Teacher’s Pet: Chris Dawson ‘lying to cover his tracks’
hahahahahaahahahahahahaa :D:D:D:D

damn it.
no

keep that verbal dirrhea comin petie!!!

moo

Joanne did complete year 12 and started University in Sydney and I assume she stopped it, I assume once she went to Queensland and had her child. She is a Psychologist, so she did complete her degree I assume after the divorce. I will see if I can find references.

I wonder if Joanne did some in-between study, to help her get into Uni, as she apparently left high school with a really poor result.
And it sounds as if she didn't go to Uni directly from high school. Perhaps some years later - as you say, after her divorce?

"Instead of Joanne having to go back and maybe stack shelves at Coles because she's just left high school with a really poor HSC... instead of having to go back and live with her stepfather who's a violent drunk, suddenly she's been handed the keys to this amazing house up on the hill at Bayview" - statement by Hedley Thomas to Mamamia.
(Article on July 20, 2018, titled Why Australia is obsessively arguing about the actions of 16-year-old Joanne Curtis )

Last edited:
What's the source for you saying Joanne is a psychologist, please?

Further to add from the paper-
The other card from Chris to Joanne was a Christmas card.
It was from Christmas 1981 which read-
"To my darling Joanne. Our first real christmas together. Know I love you more each day'

Further to add from the paper-
The other card from Chris to Joanne was a Christmas card.
It was from Christmas 1981 which read-
"To my darling Joanne. Our first real christmas together. Know I love you more each day'
argh!!
and what a Christmas it was!.....
hiding in the closet from the' big bad' doting wife and angelic children down the street in THAT McMansion. :confused::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unique sky 6793