Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
RSBM

While that's certainly possible and even understandable, it's not the way the article I was responding to was worded.
That article said

"The Kissimmee Police Department has no plans to file charges against Jennifer Soto, the mother of Madeline Soto, a 13-year-old girl whose body was discovered in rural Osceola County earlier this year. Sources told Channel 9′s Shannon Butler that Jennifer Soto has done nothing criminal so far, so she will not face charges." Madeline Soto case: Police have no plans to charge Jennifer Soto, sources say

There is a world of difference between doing things that are immoral/highly unethical/creepy/etc., (which I believe we can all agree that she did, even if she did them unwittingly, which we cannot possibly know for certain) and doing things that are criminal. In JS's case, the PD has stated clearly she's not done anything criminal, to warrant charges - and that there are no plans to file charges.

Since they know more about this case than the public does, I'll trust them when they say she hasn't done anything criminal. Everything else she's done and said simply speaks for itself.

jmo
I see they worded it as “criminal yet”. Sounds like they expect she may do something illegal still going forward. I wonder if they imagine she may well perjure herself if called as a witness against SS. She certainly seems intent on protecting him.

Last edited:
RSBM

While that's certainly possible and even understandable, it's not the way the article I was responding to was worded.
That article said

"The Kissimmee Police Department has no plans to file charges against Jennifer Soto, the mother of Madeline Soto, a 13-year-old girl whose body was discovered in rural Osceola County earlier this year. Sources told Channel 9′s Shannon Butler that Jennifer Soto has done nothing criminal so far, so she will not face charges." Madeline Soto case: Police have no plans to charge Jennifer Soto, sources say

There is a world of difference between doing things that are immoral/highly unethical/creepy/etc., (which I believe we can all agree that she did, even if she did them unwittingly, which we cannot possibly know for certain) and doing things that are criminal. In JS's case, the PD has stated clearly she's not done anything criminal, to warrant charges - and that there are no plans to file charges.

Since they know more about this case than the public does, I'll trust them when they say she hasn't done anything criminal. Everything else she's done and said simply speaks for itself.

jmo

Sources without a name or legal title is a little too vague for me to accept that JS is ruled out forever as having any culpability. It seems like what has been said from the outset, that there are still no plans to charge JS or possibly anyone else and I didn't see anything saying the investigation is completed and not still ongoing. JMOO

Last edited:
pages 74 & 75 of 80 - the interview with former dating interest of SS with initials MA is of interest re her odd experience with him and their intimate interactions.

many of the images SS had of him abusing MS as she appears to be asleep or unconscious in them. It's part of his kink. JMO He can't become aroused unless his partner is a non participant and appears unconscious or dead. Sick sick man. MOO
Well and a torso doll (at parent’s home) fits with is, too. IMO, SS and Rex have got to be two of biggest sicko weirdos ever.

snipped
KISSIMMEE, Fla. - As the Madeline Soto homicide investigation treks forward, the lead agency said it doesn't have any other charges for anyone other than murder suspect Stephan Sterns at this time.
snipped
The investigation, however, remains open and ongoing, prosecutors and investigators said in a previous press conference, adding that additional evidence could lead to more charges at a later date.

The one thing I can't get over.

According to JS, when Maddie didn't come out of school as expected, after JS had been sitting in the pickup line for an hour and a half (no comment), JS took a bunch of actions except the most obvious one: go into the school to find out if Maddie was still there for some reason.

That seals the deal for me.
Thank you IzzyBlanche!^^^….. Same here with me. And that is just one more aspect of this disturbing case. But it helps ‘seal the vault shut’ IMO too.

I have been trying to ponder what scenario(s) might cause JS and SS to be ‘wedded at the hip’ from the get-go in this case? And I can only come up with one. One, maybe two. And neither are pleasant. :( And since authorities have elected now not to file charges for JS and with TOS can’t add here.

Reflecting back from the case outset, it seems IMO that both JS and SS did nothing but appear to stall, confuse, deflect, point elsewhere, blame the disappearance IMO in large part on dear little MS (she is forgetful, may have ADHD, probably forgot her phone, the birthday party was fine, and ‘that was it’, words to that effect etc.) - and we now know that one of those two was running around to dispose of MS remains and evidence. Now what of the other?……. MOO

Thank you IzzyBlanche!^^^….. Same here with me. And that is just one more aspect of this disturbing case. But it helps ‘seal the vault shut’ IMO too.

I have been trying to ponder what scenario(s) might cause JS and SS to be ‘wedded at the hip’ from the get-go in this case? And I can only come up with one. One, maybe two. And neither are pleasant. :( And since authorities have elected now not to file charges for JS and with TOS can’t add here.

Reflecting back from the case outset, it seems IMO that both JS and SS did nothing but appear to stall, confuse, deflect, point elsewhere, blame the disappearance IMO in large part on dear little MS (she is forgetful, may have ADHD, probably forgot her phone, the birthday party was fine, and ‘that was it’, words to that effect etc.) - and we now know that one of those two was running around to dispose of MS remains and evidence. Now what of the other?……. MOO
It is so odd to me that JS could not be bothered to go out and physically search for her daughter in a meaningful way!

-She gets to the school for pick up - sits in her car outside the building for however long and doesn't see MS exit the building. so instead of going inside to find her daughter / talk to kids / staff... she drives... AWAY from the area to her mother's work place.
- Doesn't seem like she went to any local biz places to ask staff if they'd seen her.
- She does not go out looking in the days that follow - preferring to stay home in case she returns home.
- She tells the media she just wants her back, "whatever that looks like". She didn't say home. Just 'back'. Very telling imo.
-She doesn't share a photo of her daughter in her media interviews - not holding one up, doesn't remind viewers what her daughter looked like or the defining facial feature she had that they could recognize her quickly by. nope. Nada. She just sits at home. And waits.

I see they worded it as “criminal yet”. Sounds like they expect she may do something illegal still going forward. I wonder if they imagine she may well perjure herself if called as a witness against SS. She certainly seems intent on protecting him.
I’m wondering, too, if they are intensionally giving her a long rope and perhaps her guard will drop when she is communicating with family or LE, or she will perjure herself, as you suggest. OMO.

Charges in future wouldn’t surprise me.

Added: This announcement might also be to stop the questioning of why or when they might arrest her — to get press and public off their back?

Last edited:
I’m wondering, too, if they are intensionally giving her a long rope and perhaps her guard will drop when she is communicating with family or LE, or she will perjure herself, as you suggest. OMO.

Charges in future wouldn’t surprise me.

Added: This announcement might also be to stop the questioning of why or when they might arrest her — to get press and public off their back?
I really think she will be a disaster for the State on the stand! I hope she does perjure herself, and I hope they throw all the books they can right at her.

I really don't think prosecutors need her at all to make either case against SS. IANAL but it seems to me that putting her on the stand could open up a defense strategy that JS actually killed Maddie and SS simply helped her cover it up. I expect he'll use that defense anyway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtt
Back