Still Missing Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rick Thorburn ( Tialeigh ).... ' she was a runaway before she lived with us! she 's run away again.....'

Baden Clay..... ( Allison )..... ' excuse me, um,... I don't know if this is really an emergency, I 'm just a bit concerned, Constable... but I think my wife is sort of missing, she went for a walk early this morning..........'

Borce Ristevski.... ( Karen. ).....'....um... well.. she might have gone for a walk, you know.. to clear her head....'....

David Wehner ..... ( Renata ...).....' er... she left early this morning..um.. no... no shoes.. she had her pyjamas on, and she.. um.. she went for a walk.... ( South AU, 1989 )

I could go on, but you get my drift........

Last edited:
The main difference IMO is this lady packed her clothes when she left.

Decades-long mystery of mother who left her husband and eight children is finally SOLVED | Daily Mail Online

The mysterious disappearance of a mother who left behind her husband and eight children more than 60 years ago has been solved.

Daphne Pearl Hampstead was 40 years old when she vanished from an old dairy farm on Cowpasture Road in Bossley Park, Sydney's western suburbs, in 1958.

She left the family home before dawn on May 10 and the next day her husband and children received two letters which advised them to look after each other and to avoid finding her, The Australian reported.

Long time no hear.

As someone alluded to earlier, there must be a media blackout in place because there isn't a shed of anything about this case anywhere.

Just wonder how much longer this can go on?

Was there an estimate published anywhere of how long whatever is being heard now was going to take?

(pardon my impatience but I'm in Stage 4 lockdown in Melbourne and climbing the walls)

Chris Dawson loses fight to stop murder trial going ahead despite judge's criticisms of podcast....... hence, that blackout on FB........

well.. that's progressing smoothly, as it should be. I was jiggly that some wierd process would turn up whereby the judge would grant a 'stay'...this is what Dawson applied for and this whole shindig has had so any false starts and stops , it seemed to me that he could , with his tremendous and undeserved luck, pull that particular rabbit out of the hat. But no!.. Dame Justice grinds on, oblivious to Dawson anxiety and horror. Nice.

So. It's off to the races, steering a course now for Trial, Jury Selection, all the panoply, and just quietly, Dawson's long suffering barrister will now have been calculating the bill for the first few days, ( of possible months ) of representation, and it will knock Dawson into next week, all things being equal.

Wow an article showing the latest development as a win for Chris Dawson

Former Sydney teacher Chris Dawson has won a temporary halt of his murder trial to allow the "unrestrained and clamorous" public commentary about his wife's "disappearance" to abate.

Chris Dawson wins murder trial delay
That made me grin a bit, someone who doesn't grasp the mechanics of being charged with murder wrote that. Dawson has to retain his solicitor, barrister and barrister's associates and assorted runners and gofers for another 8 months, at the going rate of around $500 an hour. And that is just up to the trial. From then on it's up to $1000 an hour, so 'winning' is a ultra optimistic way of putting it.

Besides which, I truly do not think that public commentary, be it unrestrained or indeed even clamorous is about to simmer down. Quite the contrary , I intend to yak about it for however long it takes.

And oddly, to call it a win on the grounds that he applied for, ( and that costs a great deal of money) a stay. Peculiar in spades. He lost that gamble and got quite a horrid outcome, all things considered.... And for all that trouble, he got shoved to the back of the queue. !......

But seriously.. I am simply delighted. Dawson took himself and his clan of dingbat witnesses, none of whom had a decent story to tell of seeing Lynn over the years, rolled the whole gang, along with top dollar barrister, solicitor, paralegal, secretaries, et al, jimmied up to the Supreme Court to request a 'Stay of Proceedings'.

Which means that he would rather spend his last days under a cloud of suspicion rather than go to trial for murder, and guess what? That's exactly what is now going to occur. Regina V Dawson, Murder . On trial for his life. All of Dawson's nightmares have come to pass........ dearie me, what a shame. Tsk Tsk Tsk. And to hope for a stay , it seems to me that even Dawson has great apprehensions and concerns about going to trial on the matter of the disappearance, ( now alleged murder ) of his lovely wife..

I am sure those worries are now greatly exacerbated, by a factor of at least 100.

Perhaps he feels like a lovely drink about right now...
I am certainly indulging myself with the same antidote to bad news.. my bad news being I cannot find a particular pair of shoes I want right now. I've packed them away and cannot figure out exactly where... but I digress..

Dawson now has to contemplate the inevitable parade of various police , psychs, forensics, data gatherers, detectives, old enemies and a coterie of people who Dawson was rude to and they don't forget, all to be displayed and all of them, finally , in the one place on the same mission , the very thing Dawson has spent the last 38 years hoping would never happen. All the people he told a slightly different story to, all the folks he said this one day, and that the other...

And always, always, underlining it all, like a particularly heavy bass rift, the knowledge that the DPP never takes a case to trial, for murder , in the Supreme Court unless the odds are firmly on the side of the DPP. It's tax dollars and the the DPP has to justify the cost, a panel would have studied the evidence and come to conclude that there was a high percentage chance of a conviction. That's what Dawson has to meditate on for the next 8 months, day and night ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knoop