Still Missing Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally scheduled until 24th with 2018/00372527.
There are 2 new charges numbers 2020/00136610 and 2020/00130059. There was a previous charge number 2019/00191658 relating to a 17 year old. Perhaps recategorised?

upload_2020-7-22_18-28-57.png

2 new charges..... I like it. Logically, they would be charges on the issue of underage child sexual assault. Of course, Dawson's crime in that context is heavily freighted with the added extra responsibility of teacher / student power imbalance and duty of care, and impropriety against a measurement of a particularly high standard, yet still able to be achieved by 99.99% of male teachers. I thought it may be connected to Lynn's murder, re moving her body, etc, but that should follow on conviction for her actual murder. Should. BadenClay didn't face that , which still irks me.

I suspect the Dawson/s were thieves, also. They both were notoriously mean, in the smallest matter, unforgettably so, and oddly, unhygienic to a remarkable degree, also unforgettably so, a strange combo of strikingly unpleasant personal habits. So it is possible that one of those 2 new charges may be associated with fraud of some type, a basic theft elevated to convoluted criminal fraud by this man , and his brother/s .

Still.... we are all in for the long haul on this one. This trial, with it's myriad charges, ( which I don't think Dawson has much chance of them being 'stayed' or ' dropped' etc..) will be an exercise in endurance and a determination to pay attention to the details, some of which will be hideous, all of which will be travelling to the destination of the death and subsequent destruction of Lynn's legacy, reputation, integrity and identity, her very humanity destructed and reconstructed into the picture Dawson wanted to portray whereby he turns out to be the 'hero', tragically left with two young daughters, and a willing nubile young baby sitter, plus the entire equity of the valuable house and contents. ...

And to this day, he plays at being the victim. So none of this will be easy to hear.

Originally scheduled until 24th with 2018/00372527.
There are 2 new charges numbers 2020/00136610 and 2020/00130059. There was a previous charge number 2019/00191658 relating to a 17 year old. Perhaps recategorised?

View attachment 256518
I cannot find that number in the charge sheet, DRT. This doesn't mean it has been dropped though. From memory, the 2nd Mrs Dawson was 16, so I am thinking it is the other young woman, was she the school prefect?.. or, a totally new witness. Not at all improbable. ... I suspect there are quite a few from that girls college up in QLD, but ....

The date is interesting, ey DRT.!.... 2020... this year.

2 new charges..... I like it. Logically, they would be charges on the issue of underage child sexual assault. Of course, Dawson's crime in that context is heavily freighted with the added extra responsibility of teacher / student power imbalance and duty of care, and impropriety against a measurement of a particularly high standard, yet still able to be achieved by 99.99% of male teachers. I thought it may be connected to Lynn's murder, re moving her body, etc, but that should follow on conviction for her actual murder. Should. BadenClay didn't face that , which still irks me.

I suspect the Dawson/s were thieves, also. They both were notoriously mean, in the smallest matter, unforgettably so, and oddly, unhygienic to a remarkable degree, also unforgettably so, a strange combo of strikingly unpleasant personal habits. So it is possible that one of those 2 new charges may be associated with fraud of some type, a basic theft elevated to convoluted criminal fraud by this man , and his brother/s .

Still.... we are all in for the long haul on this one. This trial, with it's myriad charges, ( which I don't think Dawson has much chance of them being 'stayed' or ' dropped' etc..) will be an exercise in endurance and a determination to pay attention to the details, some of which will be hideous, all of which will be travelling to the destination of the death and subsequent destruction of Lynn's legacy, reputation, integrity and identity, her very humanity destructed and reconstructed into the picture Dawson wanted to portray whereby he turns out to be the 'hero', tragically left with two young daughters, and a willing nubile young baby sitter, plus the entire equity of the valuable house and contents. ...

And to this day, he plays at being the victim. So none of this will be easy to hear.
Disgraceful and a real indication of how the boys club w0rked.

In a perfect world, should (when ) Chris Dawson is found guilty of the murder of his wife, Lynn, then retrospective justice ought to begin. To start with, the 'sham ' divorce. Because I believe Lynn to have been murdered some hours before people noticed her missing, and done in by Chris, that 'performance divorce ' that Chris and the solicitor brother cooked up, and did all the paperwork, and actually took it to the Family Court, and had it adjudicated, both claiming( his brother was his choice of representative solicitor for Dawson v Dawson ) that Lynn had walked out and away and was refusing to respond to letters, notifications in the paper ( Chris put a few of those in the Sydney Morning Herald, along the lines of 'please Lynn, come home and we'll talk about it " stuff, and considering Joanne was well and truly moved in to Lynn's home, what Chris was going to do should Lynn, by some interplanetary miracle , walk back to the front door, I do not know ) , all of this done with a straight face before a judge!

Of course, Chris Dawson had to portray all this palaver, because he needed to convince Joanne, and to marry Joanne, he had to be divorced. Nothing easier, it seems , than to be able to divorce a woman murdered and buried somewhere, unable to make a representation to the courts. Chris and the brother had it made. It sailed thru , along with the subtle personal destruction of Lynn's family that discouraged them from battling this on Lynn's behalf, that part of the murder was very effective.

There should be repercussions for this, especially for the older brother, ( who's first wife had a mother who 'disappeared ' to NZ, from whence this whole scenario developed, I suspect ) .

The Family Court has been bought into disrepute and flagrantly lied to. Lynn can't have consented to leave the marriage and the house and daughters to Chris AND be murdered at the same time.

The whole thing will have to be wound back, the distribution of property, with all it's accumulated value, the fraudulent appropriation of the Child Benefit payments, which went to the mother, now to the murdering father, for 2 girls over 15 years, Commonwealth money, you would think there would be a bit of a fuss.

Not sure if I can post this as it may be against TOS ( mods please delete if so )

From the Teachers Pet Podcast f/b group that has Lyn's family in it.

A few comments made by a family member...........

"There is a no publication order placed on the preliminary hearing that is currently under way. Media will hopefully be able to report on the eventual outcome, but none of the details that were discussed throughout the trial will be made public"

"yes, there is a "not for publication" order out for this hearing as the evidence being heard could affect the trial if made public. The public has also been strongly discouraged from attending the hearing."

"no date has been set for the trial yet. Hopefully, once we know the outcome of this hearing, a date can be set."

"there is a preliminary hearing currently under way. It's scheduled to finish on Friday but there have been no updates on this. Results of this hearing should be known in a few weeks"

"No date has been set for the actual trial yet, but this will hopefully be set pending the results of this hearing."

there's a preliminary hearing currently taking place. They're trialing the evidence of several unnamed witnesses. This hearing is scheduled to wrap up on Friday. There is a "not for publication" order on information coming out of the hearing so there will be no updates until the outcome is known.

These are replies to posts people have made ( post were from yesterday )

:)

Not sure if I can post this as it may be against TOS ( mods please delete if so )

From the Teachers Pet Podcast f/b group that has Lyn's family in it.

A few comments made by a family member...........

"There is a no publication order placed on the preliminary hearing that is currently under way. Media will hopefully be able to report on the eventual outcome, but none of the details that were discussed throughout the trial will be made public"

"yes, there is a "not for publication" order out for this hearing as the evidence being heard could affect the trial if made public. The public has also been strongly discouraged from attending the hearing."

"no date has been set for the trial yet. Hopefully, once we know the outcome of this hearing, a date can be set."

"there is a preliminary hearing currently under way. It's scheduled to finish on Friday but there have been no updates on this. Results of this hearing should be known in a few weeks"

"No date has been set for the actual trial yet, but this will hopefully be set pending the results of this hearing."

there's a preliminary hearing currently taking place. They're trialing the evidence of several unnamed witnesses. This hearing is scheduled to wrap up on Friday. There is a "not for publication" order on information coming out of the hearing so there will be no updates until the outcome is known.

These are replies to posts people have made ( post were from yesterday )

:)
Excellent sleuthing, Dr S.... sterling work, and that grand old dame, Justice, just rolls along at glacial pace, one doesn't notice the movement, but behind the arras, things are proceeding step by awful step and not even all the Dawson's accumulated clout can speed it up or slow it down.

It would be an uncertain hobby to try and guess as to the nature of these 'unnamed witnesses'. It is possible that Chris Dawson has rounded up a few more bystanders who saw Lynn on the deck of a cruise ship as it sailed out the heads, or getting off the Ghan at the Alice, or at KingsfordSmith , hurrying for a Finnair flight to Helsinki... all the usual stuff.

It could be some more ex students, who found the courage to face the horror of what went on at any school Dawson taught at. I don't suppose those kids in those days told mum or dad, but they sure as hell would have told each other.

My dream is, one of them is the dodgy sister in law who actually claimed to have used Lynn's Bankcard, buying clothes at Sussan's , ( or Katie's, it was some store like that near to the home ) ... the same bankcard that infuriated Chris, Lynn having money of her own and actually using it without his permission!..

and if this hearing continues, it means, so far, that Chris has lost his application to the court to have the matter 'stayed', an old fashioned procedure along the lines of taking into consideration his age, the time lapse of the offense, the lack of proof, the absence of witnesses, the gold plated community life the accused has led for decades, all this gobbledegook, under certain circumstances, a judge can rule that the matter be 'stayed', put into a sort of long term limbo, simmering on the back burner of justice, ready to start boiling at any slight misdemeanor on the part of the applicant. Neither fish nor fowl, a suspended matter.

It isn't often asked for , or granted, but to my amateur eyes, it appears it hasn't succeeded, that this hearing is about the 2 extra witnesses, and not a shunting aside of any other witnesses.

looks like hedley thomas has a new podcast coming out early next month on another cold case.
The Night Driver.

looking forward to it :) hopefully he will set the wheels in motion for justice again.

moo
Yep K-mac. Should be good & hopefully get some answers for the family who have never given up.

Here is the thread for Janine ( it's a case I have wanted media attention for soooo long, I'm very excited :) )

Australia - Australia - Janine Vaughan, 31, Bathurst, NSW, 7 December 2001

Decades-long mystery of mother who left her husband and eight children is finally SOLVED | Daily Mail Online

The mysterious disappearance of a mother who left behind her husband and eight children more than 60 years ago has been solved.

Daphne Pearl Hampstead was 40 years old when she vanished from an old dairy farm on Cowpasture Road in Bossley Park, Sydney's western suburbs, in 1958.

She left the family home before dawn on May 10 and the next day her husband and children received two letters which advised them to look after each other and to avoid finding her, The Australian reported.

Not wanting to go too much off topic but this is one of the letters left by Daphne to her husband.
Letter mum-of-eight left for her husband before vanishing for decades

But I don't think that Lynette left her children willingly.
But it does seem that this is what will be said at the trial.
Dawson's lawyer can bring up all sorts of 'cases' that have faint echo's of the story Dawson is promoting, and say all sorts of fantastic scenarios, but equally, the DPP can bring up hundreds more of men who murdered their wives, and disposed of their bodies and told their families and friends and police that the wife ran away. It is the stock and standard story of most wife killers... 'she wasn't happy'... ' she ran off with an interstate truck driver'..( this one actually put his wife's body in a 40 gallon drum in the shed and kept it there for 24 years... talk about not letting her leave him taken to extremes ! )... ' she went back to Scotland! '.. ' she got taken in by a travelling missionary ! ( Dawson's inspired yarn, that one... ye gods, as IF! )....

Dawson is not unique in his circumstances, he has been very lucky though. Very very lucky, but no one has a lifetime handle on luck. Chris Dawson is like your ordinary, very ordinary wife murdering yob, who somehow slips thru the net for many years, but life kicks back every now and then. Dawson is only one of many Australian men, American, English, French, god knows, all and everywhere who do this. 'She left me' is an old story, with out much variety except in the minor details... ' She caught a bus'.. 'she had a train ticket'.. ' she left in her boyfriends car'.. all the old usual codswallop.. police hear it all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member