Deceased/Not Found Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *husband guilty* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ABC Conversations. Shanelle Dawson: the daughter's story​

Great find. I'll listen to it on the way home in about half an hour.

The exposure will help Shanelle sell some copies of her book. She sure deserves to. I bought my copy last night. Bought Hedley's book as well.

That interview Shanelle did with the ABC is a must listen. As honest and raw as it gets.

"It's a pity she let herself go because she had a pretty face." - Chris Dawson talking about Lynette to Shanelle, years after he had murdered her mother.

What a piece of work. If ever someone deserved to die in jail it's him.

A decent size extract from Rebecca Hazel's book can be found here :

The link had another interview with Shanelle from the No Filter Podcast. Episode is called "The Teacher’s Pet: ‘The Moment I Realised My Dad Murdered My Mum’"

An appeal has been lodged.

"Dawson previously filed a notice of intention to appeal Justice Harrison’s verdict.

Lawyers acting for the former Newtown Jets rugby league player are set to appear in the Court of Criminal Appeal - the state’s highest court - on Thursday in a first step in attempting to have his conviction overturned."
Oh my goodness.

He just doesn’t get it, does he?

Moo

Wonder who is driving the bus? CD, the Dawson family or greedy lawyers?
Just hope taxpayers money not being used to support this absolute grub’s appeal.
Yeah that’s what I wondered, also.

As far as I can recall, he is no longer able to find his own legal counsel, so I suppose it’s the taxpayer that foots the bill. IMO.

Also, where’s the other twin at? Haven’t seen his mug for a while.

Yeah that’s what I wondered, also.

As far as I can recall, he is no longer able to find his own legal counsel, so I suppose it’s the taxpayer that foots the bill. IMO.

Also, where’s the other twin at? Haven’t seen his mug for a while.
If there's any justice, he's sat at home, bricking it, waiting for a knock at the door.

MOO

Oh my goodness.

He just doesn’t get it, does he?

Moo
There was probably always going to be an appeal. That's why it was so important Dawson also went down for the carnal knowledge offence.

Surely, even in a worst case scenario where the murder conviction was overturned, he would still face the FULL carnal knowledge sentence and not just the 1 year, that was the result of the concurrency of the two sentences together. So regardless, Dawson will only be seeing the world through bars for a long time.

Hopefully the appeal will only succeed in endorsing his guilt and perhaps, just perhaps, push him a step closer to revealing where Lynette's body is located.

There was probably always going to be an appeal. That's why it was so important Dawson also went down for the carnal knowledge offence.

Surely, even in a worst case scenario where the murder conviction was overturned, he would still face the FULL carnal knowledge sentence and not just the 1 year, that was the result of the concurrency of the two sentences together. So regardless, Dawson will only be seeing the world through bars for a long time.

Hopefully the appeal will only succeed in endorsing his guilt and perhaps, just perhaps, push him a step closer to revealing where Lynette's body is located.
Thank you so much for your insight, @Cliff Hardy . I did half wonder about the “significance” (sentencing-wise) of the guilty verdict in the carnal knowledge case as CD was already incarcerated at the time. I remember reading that he said something like “, ” when he was convicted, and it makes more sense to me after reading your explanation.

I really appreciate it.

Wouldn’t it be fantastic to bring Lynette home to her loved ones, after all this time.

Wow!

"Chris Dawson told his mother-in-law that the last time he had seen Lynette was earlier that morning when he dropped her at a bus stop, so she could return some clothes to a shop.

Shanelle recalls getting "in trouble" from her dad at the picnic when she challenged this version of events, which differed from her own recollections.

"He took me by the arm and took me away from whoever would have been there," she says"

From @DRT link.

Excerpt from Shanelle's book 'My Mother's Eyes' :

'We packed and moved to Queensland, along with Paul and his family and our Nandi & Pop (Shanelle's Dawson's grandparents). It must have been difficult for them to leave their other children and grandchildren behind. But as it was when they were kids, the 'twinnies' came first and where Chris and Paul went, Nandi and Pop followed.'

Remember the twinnies bank account? The one their wives couldn't touch.

The twinnies. OMFG!

I wonder how the other Dawson siblings felt about the privileged, golden haired twinnies.

OMG! I didn't know the grandparents moved as well, to be near them.
If I was the rest of the siblings I would feel that I wasn't on the same level in their affections.
and with good reason because it seems they weren't.

Wonder how elder, but not as popular as a twinnie, brother Peter initially felt about representing Chris at the inquests? He sure rose to the occasion on Chris' behalf when he got there though. Making an absolute fool of himself and constantly being ticked off for the unprofessional way he conducted himself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back