Deceased/Not Found Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *husband guilty* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
and with good reason because it seems they weren't.

Wonder how elder, but not as popular as a twinnie, brother Peter initially felt about representing Chris at the inquests? He sure rose to the occasion on Chris' behalf when he got there though. Making an absolute fool of himself and constantly being ticked off for the unprofessional way he conducted himself.
Maybe he was just another victim of manipulation?

Excerpt from Shanelle's book 'My Mother's Eyes' :

'We packed and moved to Queensland, along with Paul and his family and our Nandi & Pop (Shanelle's Dawson's grandparents). It must have been difficult for them to leave their other children and grandchildren behind. But as it was when they were kids, the 'twinnies' came first and where Chris and Paul went, Nandi and Pop followed.'

Remember the twinnies bank account? The one their wives couldn't touch.

The twinnies. OMFG!

I wonder how the other Dawson siblings felt about the privileged, golden haired twinnies.
Hands up everyone who would like to be brought up in the middle of a whole nest of Dawsons!

Yeah, I’d rather not.

I wonder to what extent CD’s upbringing impacted on his decisions that he made in his life as an adult.

Considering he is a perpetrator of sexual assault, I wonder what kind of childhood he had and how his childhood impacted on his behaviour as an adult.

IMO
I suspect Chris & Paul Dawson were so spoilt as children they developed a feeling of entitlement at a very early age and the people who surrounded them in later years only encouraged it to grow and grow.

Maybe it wasn't so much love and affection, but a response to manipulation?
People can get weird about twins.
There is a set of twins in my husbands extended family and every thing is a big deal and followed as they grew up and all the singleton kids (including the twins sibling) were nothing events and openly excluded from attention.

Head shaking and eye rolling is most family go to's I imagine lol

The Dawson siblings had the extra bonus of the twinnies being 'famous' talented (ahem ) football starts and models.
In a time when being famous and "fabulous" was a big deal and out of the ordinary.

I bet this family has ALOT of swept under the rug issues.
The misogyny is pretty front and centre.

Reading this article triggered an angry thought for me about CD. (well....a NEW ONE:p)

Seen some pics of Lyn I had not seen before.

It really angers me his implying that Lyn was a frumpy housewife 'who had let herself go".
Just because she didn't live up to his impossibly high standard of a Farrah Fawcett or Linda Carter I would guess with his maturity level.

The truth be Lyn reminds me very very much of my own mother.
The similarities' are unnerving actually, same age in time.

My mother looked exactly like Lyn did with those big glasses, hairstyle..clothes etc.
My mother was very stylish, very cool and very VEIN.

So was Lyn.
I can't imagine how cruel his mysogonistic ribbing must have been to her, when she worked really hard to be a cool, trendy, stylish fitting wife and mother.
She was trying to have it all and she was doing bloody good job of it...no thanks to him.

Women like Lyn cut the way for the rest of us to enjoy having it all.

Shanelle mentions in her book that at one stage at her school she had her sisters and her cousins, as well as her father, uncle, aunty and step-mother-to-be, who were all teachers.

The step-mother-to-be was Sue, who would become Chris' 3rd wife and Shanelle's book tells us a whole lot more about her than we previously knew.

From this excerpt from towards the end of Shanelle's book she obviously thinks others know what happened to Lynette and you don't need to be Einstein to know who she is referring to :

'I often felt frustrated and angered at the justice system and its flaws. When I learned that 2 particular witnesses were giving evidence via video link, I couldn't believe it. I believe they are 2 people who know the truth of what happened! The fact that they were not being held accountable and having to face court was a complete cop-out, utter bull....'

Wonder if uncle Paul and aunty Marilyn have read Shanelle's book?

Excerpt from Shanelle's book 'My Mother's Eyes' :

'We packed and moved to Queensland, along with Paul and his family and our Nandi & Pop (Shanelle's Dawson's grandparents). It must have been difficult for them to leave their other children and grandchildren behind. But as it was when they were kids, the 'twinnies' came first and where Chris and Paul went, Nandi and Pop followed.'

Remember the twinnies bank account? The one their wives couldn't touch.

The twinnies. OMFG!

I wonder how the other Dawson siblings felt about the privileged, golden haired twinnies.
I kind of feel like Chris and Paul were in some kind of relationship.

Different to a brother relationship, something else.

IMO

It’s not normal to have a secret bank account with someone who’s not your spouse, is it?

Jmo

I suspect Chris & Paul Dawson were so spoilt as children they developed a feeling of entitlement at a very early age and the people who surrounded them in later years only encouraged it to grow and grow.
I don't know this case as well as some of you, but I suspect that Chris felt that he was of no importance apart from his twinship, although maybe Paul was of importance in himself. He had to hitch himself to Paul to be of account. And yet--if that's the case you'd think he'd have valued Lyn as wanting just him, Chris.

I don't know this case as well as some of you, but I suspect that Chris felt that he was of no importance apart from his twinship, although maybe Paul was of importance in himself. He had to hitch himself to Paul to be of account. And yet--if that's the case you'd think he'd have valued Lyn as wanting just him, Chris.
Shanelle's book reveals that Chris' 3rd wife, Sue, used to butt heads with Paul and eventually Chris and Sue moved away. This would have been the first time the twinnies had ever really been apart geographically and I get the impression Sue might have given Chris the ultimatum, 'it's him or me.'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back