Deceased/Not Found Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *husband guilty* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

As in murder of one' s wife, as in sex with one's student, timing really is of the essence... the argument now is down to exactly when this activity took place between Dawson and a young student, and we are expected, by Dawson's defence, to believe that Dawson, keeping an eye on both the calendar and his watch, waited until the student was 18.

And in further news there are fairies at the bottom of my garden.

As in murder of one' s wife, as in sex with one's student, timing really is of the essence... the argument now is down to exactly when this activity took place between Dawson and a young student, and we are expected, by Dawson's defence, to believe that Dawson, keeping an eye on both the calendar and his watch, waited until the student was 18.

And in further news there are fairies at the bottom of my garden.
Not meaning to correct it would have been turning 17. 16 the normal age of consent and 17 the age for a teacher/carer in the early 1980s. That article has missed out the "under" 17. I remember some of the students saying in either the podcast or the newspaper articles around 2018 that the students were considered fair game by the teachers once they hit 16. That was related to Northern Beaches schools not specifically to this case.

Not meaning to correct it would have been turning 17. 16 the normal age of consent and 17 the age for a teacher/carer in the early 1980s. That article has missed out the "under" 17. I remember some of the students saying in either the podcast or the newspaper articles around 2018 that the students were considered fair game by the teachers once they hit 16. That was related to Northern Beaches schools not specifically to this case.
The law was so fundamentally flawed, in either case.

Guilty. Of course, he was guilty. This changes his status among his fellow prisoners, some with daughters of their own, and plenty of time to stew about Dawson parading around. *rubs handstogether*. NEXT!. twin 1!!!!!!

Exact words lol

"*advertiser censored**, *advertiser censored**, *advertiser censored**," Dawson said before his video feed to the court was cut.

ETA Dang, I can't believe that was advertiser censored. You'll have to click the link to see.

This was my favourite quote from the article. BBM

"I find that the reason the accused attended the hotel was because he was interested and attracted to the complainant, and interested in endearing himself to her," she said.

"That was why he surprised her and sat there talking about himself, behaviour that was consistent with a person who on occasion referred to himself as God."

The evidence provided by the lady who used to attend fitness classes conducted by the Dawson twins at the local pool/indoor sports centre was eye opening. She said a couple of teenage schoolgirls would sit at the back of the class waiting for it to finish and then head off with the Dawsons. One would have been Chris' partner JC and the other Paul's teenage crush. Lets hope the accountability doesn't stop with Chris.

In that latest episode of 'The Teacher's Accuser' Hedley virtually pleads with the other student victims out there to take confidence from what JC has been able to achieve and come forward to bring their own abusers to justice.

In Chris Dawson's carnal knowledge court case, JC was referred to as AB and there was another female student - whom I think they referred to as CD - who featured prominently. This other girl went to the school Paul Dawson taught at and was his 'girlfriend' at the time. The judge accepted the essence of her evidence - in the trial against Chris - but as the girl was unable to substantiate dates, the judge put slightly less weight on her testimony.

I wonder if this girl is at the top of the list of victims Hedley is appealing to to come forward and I wonder how well the twin at large is sleeping at the present time?

2 night special starting this Sunday on this horrid man CD

Over two Sunday nights, the program will present revelations about the 40-year fight for justice by those who never wavered in their belief that Lynette didn’t walk out on her family.

The Murder of Lyn Dawson is told through Chris and Lyn’s daughter Shanelle, the detective who helped bring Dawson to justice, Damian Loone, and the reporter who put the case in the spotlight with his viral podcast The Teacher’s Pet, Hedley Thomas.

A mixture of archival imagery, recreations, news sources, and interviews piece together the case from the time Lynette went missing to the remaining unanswered question: where is her body? And will Dawson ever admit to his crimes?

In August last year, Chris Dawson was found guilty of murdering Lynette. Chris had been accused of grooming the family babysitter, a then sixteen-year-old schoolgirl. The state made the case that the motive for Lynette’s murder was to replace her with the schoolgirl, and to avoid the financial devastation that a divorce would bring.

One of Australia’s most high-profile trials came to an end after a five hour ruling on Tuesday. Justice Ian Harrison said that he was satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt that Lynette had not voluntarily abandoned her family to start a new life in secret.

Wished I had of realised channel 9 had a special on Lyn tonight.

caught the tail end. looks worthy of catch up tv.

**noted**
special written mention of Twin 1......at the very end.

tick tick tick ......

I missed it too.

I've got a jinx on me, all my big household appliances decided to up and die on me. Well two, the fridge and washing machine.

How dare my fridge die, it was only bought in 1987, for heaven's sake. :rolleyes:

Washing machine, less than 10 years old.

So I've been trawling through the retail stores websites looking for new ones and I don't like any of them.

Anyway back on topic. I hope it's on catchup.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back