Deceased/Not Found Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *husband guilty* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder how attractive to women (and girls) he will be when he gets out of prison at the age of 93....hmmm
Yeah, interesting isn't it. His earliest possible release date is August 2041 and as you said, he will be 93.

How badly does Dawson want to see daylight again? Does pressure now mount for him to come clean and reveal where Lyn is?

Yeah, interesting isn't it. His earliest possible release date is August 2041 and as you said, he will be 93.

How badly does Dawson want to see daylight again? Does pressure now mount for him to come clean and reveal where Lyn is?
I can't see this egotistical misogynist immature man would come clean now.

This is only appeal 1 in his mind...... :rolleyes:

Brett Hatfield SC, for the Crown, told the appeal hearing there was no significant possibility an innocent person had been convicted in the case.

He argued that there was no reasonable hypothesis consistent with innocence.

:cool:

My limited understanding of things was no body, no parole but it seems Dawson could be released in August 2041.
He can apply for parole, in 2041.. This does not necessarily mean he gets parole, that is up to the parole board, and they are independent of Correctional Services, I think , but Corr. Ser, have input.

But in NSW, no body, no parole., That's how it is.. things could change, the political winds blow hither and yon, ..

He had a right to make this appeal, every one does, but Chris Dawson HAD to make the appeal, because he has to play it in light of his facade that he knows nothing, he dropped her off at the bus stop. So he has to keep going thru all these hoops till his last breath. Or, come clean.

Nice result, not unexpected, but all the same, nice..

But if he revealed where the body is right now. would he get his sentence reduced.
No. One gets a discount if one pleads guilty from the kick-off. That's when the discounting of a sentence is calibrated.. He gets nothing off because he pled not guilty, he got the trial itself delayed, he lost his appeal,..

But if he revealed where the body is right now. would he get his sentence reduced.
Sorry I read it wrong, but it's still a big fat no., The jury found him guilty WITHOUT the body, ( the judge , actually, it was a judge only trial., ) his revealing the body now does not make a lot of difference except in his capacity to be able to apply for parole at some stage. Without a body , he can't even apply., With a body, he can apply. STILL does not mean he gets parole, it's up to the parole board.

If one looks at it cynically, Dawson has nothing to gain by revealing where Lynn's body is, in all reality. Parole is very iffy for him, and revealing the location of the body destroys his whole persona that he has built up over 40 years, all his relationships, all his friendships, all his students. He would be revealed as a murderer. As it is, he leaves doubt. In some peoples mind.. Not my mind and probably not yours, .. :cool: I do not think he is ever going to tell.

I don't know. I think losing your freedom and being locked up could get you to a point where you're desperate to get out. And would do anything to get out.
And for even a few years out before you die it might be worth giving up your secret.

Or that's how I would feel.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back