ACTIVE SEARCH Australia. Man wanted after pouring hot coffee on baby in park, Brisbane, Queensland. 27th August 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks Dotta, yes the Daily Mail said it was a thermos.

He doesn't seem to be carrying it. So where is it ?

Discarded after the attack IMO.

Sadly, I suspect MH issues.

On more positive note,
one of my classmates in Primary School was burnt by hot boiling water on the face and chest when she was a baby.
(That's what she told us)

No traces remained.
Babies' skin renews miraculously.

JMO

Last edited:
much better quality photo of suspect from police at this link
Police release new photos in search for man after hot coffee poured on baby at Brisbane park
132ea045c3ad89c7be42e3e4b4efbdf4
I would imagine the fact that he is still carrying his phone and they can track his movements after the attack from the various footage now obtained, it won't be long until he is identified.

Discarded after the attack IMO.

Sadly, I suspect MH issues.

On more positive note,
one of my classmates in Primary School was burnt by hot boiling water on the face and chest when she was a baby.
(That's what she told us)

No traces remained.
Babies' skin renews miraculously.

JMO

My DD ironed her own thigh when she was about 10. She was "just ironing these (very thin) pants, mum" ... while she was wearing them. I could even see the steam holes of the iron imprinted on her thigh. And she didn't tell anyone, until we saw the wound weeping through the pants.

I took her to the medical centre for dressing and re-dressing every morning for about two weeks. Sometimes the wound had to be scraped. She was very brave.

Then we used a special cream they prescribed after that. And she has no scar at all.

As you say, young skin can heal beautifully with proper treatment.

My DD ironed her own thigh when she was about 10. She was "just ironing these (very thin) pants, mum" ... while she was wearing them. I could even see the steam holes of the iron imprinted on her thigh. And she didn't tell anyone, until we saw the wound weeping through the pants.

I took her to the medical centre for dressing and re-dressing every morning for about two weeks. Sometimes the wound had to be scraped. She was very brave.

Then we used a special cream they prescribed after that. And she has no scar at all.

As you say, young skin can heal beautifully with proper treatment.
Boiling liquids can do incredible damage to young children that does leave lasting damage.

One of my dearest high school friends pulled a just-boiled kettle down on himself when he was three. This was in the eighties, before the laws restricting the length of cables for appliances like that. He spent at least six months in the burns unit (it might have been as long as a year, I can't recall) and still had significant scarring to one shoulder that would tear if his school backpack was too heavy as a teenager. He had other scarring from skin grafts and stretch marks from the steroids he had to take.

What made the burns on his shoulder the worst wasn't just that it was where the liquid hit, it was the fact that the fabric of his clothing absorbed and held the liquid there, in that place, increasing the damage of the burn. The steam burns to his face were bad but healed without visible scarring by the time I knew him. He will have the scars on his shoulder and torso for life.

It sounds like this child was not burned as severely as my friend, but I thought it worth talking about because the circumstances surrounding a burn can greatly impact outcomes. It sounds like the liquid was not as hot (probable, given it was a thermos, not a boiling kettle), or they stripped the wet clothing off the baby as quickly as possible, limiting the damage.

MOO

Yes I didn't want to say it, but not all burns suffered as a baby or a child heals up without leaving any mark or scarring.
What happened to this poor baby could possibly be life changing for them. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemc
Back