ACTIVE SEARCH Australia. Man wanted after pouring hot coffee on baby in park, Brisbane, Queensland. 27th August 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe he's never been caught. He might not get a criminal record for this attack either..
Not to thread-jump, but Erin Patterson had an (almost) clean criminal record, and now she’s up for how many charges of murder and attempted murder? I’ve lost count.

I found some bits of news that I had not read in our Australian media. It is published in a Canadian newspaper called National Post, and they have quoted getting their information from a Singaporean news site called The Straits Times, the ABC, and CNN and the BBC.

“Police discovered he took a taxi to Brisbane’s city center, then drove by car across the state border to New South Wales before flying from Sydney Airport.

Early efforts by police were hampered by false information about the man’s name. During their investigation, Police also discovered the man had been conducting surveillance of the police operation.

Dalton called the man an “itinerant worker” who had repeatedly entered Australia on various visas since 2019 and last entered the country in January 2022.”

So, this creature actually drove from Annerley to Sydney airport (I don’t think it was actually stated previously that he drove, I think it has been stated that he travelled by car, but hadn’t been stated that he drove). He had been conducting surveillance of the Police operation. Then lastly, he has been in Australia since January 2022. I wonder what kind of Visa allows such a long stay?

A working Visa can be valid for up to 5 years, if you meet certain conditions. A tourist Visa is generally valid for 3 months, but can be extended under certain circumstances, to 12 months.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I can just delete it. I don't know what you mean by under a cut?
If you go to the bar above the txt box, hit the three dots for 'more options' then click 'inline spoiler' which looks like a domino mask.
If you put the image BETWEEN the two spoiler codes, it should be invisible unless a user chooses to click and reveal it.

If you go to the bar above the txt box, hit the three dots for 'more options' then click 'inline spoiler' which looks like a domino mask.
If you put the image BETWEEN the two spoiler codes, it should be invisible unless a user chooses to click and reveal it.
Thanks it worked, you learn something new everyday they say. Sorry for upsetting you

Thanks it worked, you learn something new everyday they say. Sorry for upsetting you
No, it's fine, it was just an unpleasant shock. And I know that on other threads, there has been mod advice to hide images that are graphic (happens a lot on the Doe threads with postmortem pics). I just thought that with something that graphic, it should be the user's choice to view, or not.

I'm glad my advice helped you figure it out! It's always fun to find a new element of functionality.

I've learned something new too. I'd never heard the term "under a cut" before.

My thoughts on seeing the poor baby's burns without being covered up is that this is something that could lead someone to come forward with information.

If he has told someone or they do know something, maybe seeing how bad the burns are might cause them to speak out.

So I say, photos like that should be shown, and not hidden.

Perhaps a warning on it being graphic.

Speculating on his country of origin based on his age (btw 30 and 35) and iterant nature of his jobs:
Working holiday visa 417 is the most likely: on this visa citizens of Canada, Denmark, France, Ireland, Italy and UK are allowed up to age 35. Citizens of other eligible countries must be 30 or below when applying for the visa.

If he held this visa in 2019, he could have stayed up to 3 years if he met further eligibility requirements.

In 2019 he was only 28 so there was a longer list of eligible countries including four Asian countries: Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan.

Second possibility is working holiday visa 462 which allows up to age 30 citizens of (among others) China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mongolia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.

There are fears the man accused of pouring scalding coffee on a defenceless baby is deliberately leaving a trail of 'fake clues' in a calculated attempt to evade justice.

Veteran investigator Charlie Bezzina said the 33-year-old foreign national may have even called in a fake tip-off about his identity in a bid to mislead detectives and buy himself time to escape overseas.

Speculating on his country of origin based on his age (btw 30 and 35) and iterant nature of his jobs:
Working holiday visa 417 is the most likely: on this visa citizens of Canada, Denmark, France, Ireland, Italy and UK are allowed up to age 35. Citizens of other eligible countries must be 30 or below when applying for the visa.

If he held this visa in 2019, he could have stayed up to 3 years if he met further eligibility requirements.

In 2019 he was only 28 so there was a longer list of eligible countries including four Asian countries: Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan.

Second possibility is working holiday visa 462 which allows up to age 30 citizens of (among others) China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mongolia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.

I was wondering if perhaps he’s a tradie or labourer especially given the calves ‍
Large sites often have contingents of foreign national workers (based on my first hand knowledge).

This Courier Mail article from yesterday says (paraphrased) ....

The Australian Federal Police Fugitive Apprehension Strike Team is assisting the investigation
Members of the AFP's expansive international network are assisting the investigation
The AFP has inquiries started in the relevant country with the relevant authorities

Wondering if there was anything in particular happening in Australia in 2019 when the perp apparently had a visa to stay there, only this bit caught my eye, fwiw, imo, speculation.
  • ''19 March – a few days prior to the state election, a video from September 2018 surfaced in which NSW Labor leader Michael Daley made comments about Asian immigration in Sydney. Daley said "Our young children will flee and who are they being replaced with? They are being replaced by young people from typically Asia with PhDs," and "So there's a transformation happening in Sydney now where our kids are moving out and foreigners are moving in and taking their jobs".[20][21]'''

Poor little man

I hope he doesn't end up with contracture's of his neck.

But it is absolutely amazing what they can do for burns victims these days

I'm no medical expert, and I know a baby's skin is very tender, but it looks to me that the coffee likely wouldn't have come from a barrista. A barrista knows not to make coffee so hot that it burns the inside of a person's mouth - which also is quite tender. Barrista coffee is usually a very drinkable temperature ... more on the warm side, rather than boiling hot. imo

Possibly some boiling hot homemade brew?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly
Back