ACTIVE SEARCH Australia. Man wanted after pouring hot coffee on baby in park, Brisbane, Queensland. 27th August 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think this (alleged) perp travelled to Australia sometimes on a work visa, and sometimes on a tourist visa.

The man, whom Insp Dalton called an “itinerant worker”, had repeatedly entered Australia on various visas since 2019. Link

He said the foreign national had been travelling in and out of Australia since 2019 on both working and holiday visas
Link

Perhaps he formed a relationship here, and so also came back for holidays. Has been here since 2022 and now has fled after taking out some kind of distorted anger on an innocent baby.

Last edited:
I think this (alleged) perp travelled to Australia sometimes on a work visa, and sometimes on a tourist visa.

The man, whom Insp Dalton called an “itinerant worker”, had repeatedly entered Australia on various visas since 2019. Link

He said the foreign national had been travelling in and out of Australia since 2019 on both working and holiday visas
Link

Perhaps he formed a relationship here, and so also came back for holidays. Has been here since 2022 and now has fled after taking out some kind of distorted anger on an innocent baby.
I think he’s a drug dealer, and that’s why he’s been back and forth on various Visa types.

I think he (or one of his associates) put a hit out on that child. I can’t see it as being a crime of him taking out his anger. I don’t imagine any emotions were involved at all. I think he’s a professional criminal. I think perhaps someone wanted to hurt that family. IMO

That’s the only thing that makes sense to me. Nothing else makes sense about this random-seeming attack. Not much in this life is really random. Not when it comes to human behaviour. IMO

I think he’s a drug dealer, and that’s why he’s been back and forth on various Visa types.

I think he (or one of his associates) put a hit out on that child. I can’t see it as being a crime of him taking out his anger. I don’t imagine any emotions were involved at all. I think he’s a professional criminal. I think perhaps someone wanted to hurt that family. IMO

That’s the only thing that makes sense to me. Nothing else makes sense about this random-seeming attack. Not much in this life is really random. Not when it comes to human behaviour. IMO

Wow!
I never even thought about him dealing drugs.
Although it makes sense with him jumping from place to place and having different aliases.

But I'm not sure about specific hit on this family.
It might mean stalking.
How would he know where they were going to spend the afternoon?
Was the park usual place for the family to take kids to?

Hmmm...
I still think it is MH related issue.

But...
All this secrecy is very puzzling.

JMO

Last edited:

The drug running angle might have legs, but IMO if they were involved in organised crime I wouldn’t expect the family to publicly be as “shocked” and perplexed by the attack - not that it wouldn’t be shocking even if they were criminal adjacent, but they’d know who their “enemies” were if that was the case, so you’d imagine more of a private discourse with authorities than the broad public appeal we’ve seen.

New article released today. Mainly rehashing old info however there is this little tidbit confirming that a warrant for his arrest has been issued and the process to bring him home is in underway ....

"Police know where the man flew to and have issued a warrant for his arrest, triggering a complex legal process to bring him back to Australia to face justice."
Interesting. A warrant for his arrest, and they know where he is. For now. I assume they have eyes on him, but he’s a danger to others while he’s free. I’m concerned for anyone he may be staying with or neighbors when the police finally make the knock on his door. He could flee in the meantime, too. I hope no one else gets hurt before he’s brought into custody.

jmo

When the Aus police said they know where he is, do they mean the actual place he is at or just that his flight terminated in a certain country.
I think it's just that they knew he flew there.
I hope the police there are taking it seriously and will do their best to find him and hopefully extradite him back here.

Also our police said they may send some Aus LE people over there.
I think they have to negotiate with the other country and maybe that might take awhile depending on what country he is in.

Interesting...

"She said the family did not visit Hanlon Park regularly and decided to visit the place so they could play with other friends.

'I normally don’t go to the south side',
she said.

‘We were catching up with the friends from my ‘mom group’.

The mother said she was approached from behind by a stranger as the hot coffee was thrown at her baby.

'I was only in the park for five minutes, maybe longer,
and I was taking pictures of my son playing,
and he came up behind me, threw some liquid on him and ran away',
she said."

:oops:

PS
It screams RANDOM to me.

Last edited:
Interesting...

"She said the family did not visit Hanlon Park regularly and decided to visit the place so they could play with other friends.

'I normally don’t go to the south side',
she said.

‘We were catching up with the friends from my ‘mom group’.

The mother said she was approached from behind by a stranger as the hot coffee was thrown at her baby.

'I was only in the park for five minutes, maybe longer,
and I was taking pictures of my son playing,
and he came up behind me, threw some liquid on him and ran away',
she said."

:oops:

PS
It screams RANDOM to me.

Yeah, like that little girl stabbed in London a month ago. The attacker was a stranger in that case, too.

MOO

Lengthy article.
1726059893566.png
Sep 11. '24 rbbm.
“Counter-surveillance can be as simple as, ‘I’ll call in a bodgy name to police, I’ll leave my phone somewhere, because I know they can trace me on my phone and I’ll just get another prepaid one somewhere else,’” he said.
“You know, ‘I’ll book into a motel with a bodgy name, I’ll avoid using credit cards,’ it’s all that. It doesn’t need to be terribly sophisticated.”

Mr Bezzina added the “real concern is that he was thinking to employ these counter-surveillance tactics while he is on the run and what it says about his state of mind”.

“There will be a genuine fear he is one of those people who gets off on playing a cat-and-mouse game with detectives and that thinks he’s smart and wants to be chased by police,” he said.

“I mean, why would anyone want to spill boiling water on a baby? And then they’re looking to employ tactics to escape? You really need to look at the type of person we’re dealing with here — and it’s not good.”

Lengthy article.
View attachment 530497
Sep 11. '24 rbbm.
“Counter-surveillance can be as simple as, ‘I’ll call in a bodgy name to police, I’ll leave my phone somewhere, because I know they can trace me on my phone and I’ll just get another prepaid one somewhere else,’” he said.
“You know, ‘I’ll book into a motel with a bodgy name, I’ll avoid using credit cards,’ it’s all that. It doesn’t need to be terribly sophisticated.”

Mr Bezzina added the “real concern is that he was thinking to employ these counter-surveillance tactics while he is on the run and what it says about his state of mind”.

“There will be a genuine fear he is one of those people who gets off on playing a cat-and-mouse game with detectives and that thinks he’s smart and wants to be chased by police,” he said.

“I mean, why would anyone want to spill boiling water on a baby? And then they’re looking to employ tactics to escape? You really need to look at the type of person we’re dealing with here — and it’s not good.”
From the article - a possible clue to the country he’s in - third-world. Maybe Cambodia or Laos? Someone upthread said it was likely Southeast Asia.

The former cop said he was confident that in the long run the man’s attempt to evade justice would be futile.

“There is sometimes a concern that in some third-world countries they don’t particularly have a ‘care factor’ about crimes committed outside their borders,” he said.

Police have described the person as an “itinerant” worker.

“He said the man did not appear to work in any way with law enforcement but was an "itinerant" worker who had been employed in Queensland, NSW and Victoria.”

1726106717468.jpeg

Certainly sounds to me like a fruit pickers description.

The Independent, a British online news site based in London is running the story, with a photo of the perp. Which is great, the more his face gets shown out there, the better the chance of catching him.

Am I the only one who thinks that this man looks rather old? Like 60... well beyond adolescent pranks.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurkeyDinosaur