Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, Jun 1997 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Podcast - I find for professional journalists they are really lacking in their investigation skills and even common sense, I think without Joni whom seem to have uncovered the majority if not all of the leads and evidence they would be no where, mknIMO.

I follow the facebook page and all of the conversations on there, I really feel for Sally, but she seems unwilling to accept that her mother came back to Aus even through she confirmed it was Marion's writing, and all evidence points to the fact she did. I can totally understand Sally's reluctance to accept that but some of the scenario's played out to get the result she wants are just fanciful and based on incorrect information that basic checks would confirm. But the fact is Marion did deceive her and the rest of her family and friends, had she not changed her name this would be a different story.

I do believe this case would have been resolved had either the container been tracked down in the early days, the travel agent, or the motels and hotels in the area approached, in the 90's ( and possible still today) they had an alert system that sent out alerts to all motels this was used by the police to locate people and also alert motels to "skippers" people who don't pay their bills, the system is manged by the motels and anyone can issue one and pretty sure they would have given the circumstance. The police hands where tied all evidence pointed to the fact she left of her own accord, I am not sure what was done outside of the bank and police, the 2 places information can not be handed to people. I am sure given her time again Sally would have tried different approaches, hardly her fault who knows how one would act in the same situation but I think I can see why Billy Edgar became a bit frustrated.

I don’t keep up to date with the Facebook page but I thought I read a few pages back on this thread that Bill Edgar said something else recently. Does anyone know what he said? I have had a look on his lost boys page but can’t see any recent posts about Marion. If we aren’t allowed to share Facebook content here, could someone message me?

Podcast - I find for professional journalists they are really lacking in their investigation skills and even common sense, I think without Joni whom seem to have uncovered the majority if not all of the leads and evidence they would be no where, mknIMO.

I follow the facebook page and all of the conversations on there, I really feel for Sally, but she seems unwilling to accept that her mother came back to Aus even through she confirmed it was Marion's writing, and all evidence points to the fact she did. I can totally understand Sally's reluctance to accept that but some of the scenario's played out to get the result she wants are just fanciful and based on incorrect information that basic checks would confirm. But the fact is Marion did deceive her and the rest of her family and friends, had she not changed her name this would be a different story.

I do believe this case would have been resolved had either the container been tracked down in the early days, the travel agent, or the motels and hotels in the area approached, in the 90's ( and possible still today) they had an alert system that sent out alerts to all motels this was used by the police to locate people and also alert motels to "skippers" people who don't pay their bills, the system is manged by the motels and anyone can issue one and pretty sure they would have given the circumstance. The police hands where tied all evidence pointed to the fact she left of her own accord, I am not sure what was done outside of the bank and police, the 2 places information can not be handed to people. I am sure given her time again Sally would have tried different approaches, hardly her fault who knows how one would act in the same situation but I think I can see why Billy Edgar became a bit frustrated.
I agree wholeheartedly! I just feel the podcast has it's own agenda. The journalists are driving the story to make it appear more sensational. It's a completely different experience for the listener compared to following a story in the news.
Some of the episode titles like 'secret nuptials' are almost laughable since there is no evidence of a marriage!
I can't be swept away that easily!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member