DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

inkpink

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
In order to keep a case active we need a link to a msm or le information.

7 News Sydney

Thread is open again, however ...

We still have not had time to go back through 3 threads to remove all sleuthing about Mr. FR. Members may discuss what is said in MSM about Mr. FR or by him, or what was in "The Lady Vanishes" podcast that was said about him or by him, but members may NOT sleuth this person and post about it on this public thread.

It is a violation of Websleuths Terms of Service to sleuth people who are not officially named by LE as a POI or suspect.

If you wish to sleuth and discuss such an individual in private messaging, you may do so and are able to invite up to 20 others to join you. Just do not post your findings on this public thread.

If you see someone violating this rule, please Report the post and it will be removed. Members must post responsibly. If not, the thread will have to be closed.

Thank you all for your cooperation.

Anyway it's said that the Lady Vanishes, The Inquest Part 5 will be up "before the weekend ends".
Toots, is this the podcast that had to be taken down until after the inquest?? Or have I got the wrong case? I just read along here a little.....
And do you know if Episode 5 will just be released by itself??? Or the entire podcast made available again too?
Many thanks.

I agree, I keep looking for things I know I've read and can't find them.

I was trying to find all the letters and postcards and can only find:

Part of the letter on Narita Hotel, Japan paper, but some info is cut off.
The Alfriston Postcard, transcription only - not the actual postcard.
A transcription of a postcard which begins "Dearest sister and family..."

Could somebody please help me find the others?

I would be most grateful. :)
For other cases on websleuths like the Lori Kennedy one, we had a separate thread set up by admins which was purely used to house all the documents and evidence. It was great because it was only a few pages long and you could go there any time you wanted to look something up and refer to it. No idea how one would go about getting something like that set up.

On the site I usually use, Podbean, all the The Lady Vanishes podcast episides are still there for listening. Might be the same with others.

I think you might be thinking of The Teachers Pet podcast. They did have to be taken down.

Toots, is this the podcast that had to be taken down until after the inquest?? Or have I got the wrong case? I just read along here a little.....
And do you know if Episode 5 will just be released by itself??? Or the entire podcast made available again too?
Many thanks.

I found the latest podcast, the Inquest Part 5, quite shocking.

I think there’s probably some useful information there, but it seemed to focus on family resentments. There was a great deal of opinion and hearsay which left me feeling really quite uncomfortable.

Last edited:
The new episode is up.

The Lady Vanishes, Episode 24, The Inquest Part 5.

The Lady Vanishes on acast

They were right. It is up "before the weekend is over" :)

from the facebook page -

Hi all, just an update to let you know that episode 24 will drop before the end of the week and episode 25 before the end of the weekend. Thanks for all your support and feedback. It’s meant so much.

I did have a feeling before that everything wasn't like the brady bunch.

I'm starting to see some real family dynamics emerge now and it's left me feeling sad.

I think there’s probably some useful information there, but it seemed to focus on family resentments. There was a great deal of opinion and hearsay, which left me feeling really quite uncomfortable.

I'm starting to see some real family dynamics emerge now and it's left me feeling sad.

Yes, and possibly some rather controlling behaviour.

I’m still feeling a bit shocked by some of what was said. There seemed to be so many unnecessary remarks.

Mind blown. Sick to my stomach about how Sally is portrayed & discussed. Paints a pretty sad picture of Marion's family dynamics. I wish I could un-listen to this one.

I think Marion faced quite a bit of others being judgemental to her over her private life.

Yes, there was lots of judging going on, and lots of taking offence — two things that often go hand-in-hand.

I just wonder what would have happened if none of the family had received the message that Marion no longer wanted contact. I think things might have played out quite differently.

I can't find the words to comment on this. No words that wouldn't get me on a time out anyway.

On the other hand, I am glad I listened. It's made me think of the tone in Sallys voice when she speaks of not having support from some family. It's fleshing out the family a bit more.

Mind blown. Sick to my stomach about how Sally is portrayed & discussed. Paints a pretty sad picture of Marion's family dynamics. I wish I could un-listen to this one.

Last edited:
I just listened to the podcast (hopefully discussions won't be a spoiler and others have already listened). The family tensions mentioned gave a very different portrayal of family relationships than we have heard so far. Some of the remarks about Sally were cruel. Apart from this the only thing that stuck out to me was the melanoma in Marion's eye which brings to question the visit to an optometrist when Marion returned to Australia. Could Marion have had a illness she sadly kept from her family. In view of this and any diagnosis would Marion have maybe not really cared by what means she left the country. I think Marion was a law abiding citizen but when people are feeling under pressure they can act irrationally. On the other hand It is not easy to get false travel documents without known contacts.

Last edited:
I agree, I keep looking for things I know I've read and can't find them.

I was trying to find all the letters and postcards and can only find:

Part of the letter on Narita Hotel, Japan paper, but some info is cut off.
The Alfriston Postcard, transcription only - not the actual postcard.
A transcription of a postcard which begins "Dearest sister and family..."

Could somebody please help me find the others?

I would be most grateful. :)
The hotel letter looks like it's cut off at the bottom, but I think Marion just ran out of space. If you look at the 30 minute video for Episode 16 (it's on the Facebook page) you'll see the full image of it. Here's a few of the postcards. Just click on the arrow to see the four of them.
letter.png
Hastings7AugPostcard.png
AlfristonPostcard.png
BrightonPostcard.png

I just listened to the podcast (hopefully discussions won't be a spoiler and others have already listened). The family tensions mentioned gave a very different portrayal of family relationships than we have heard so far. Some of the remarks about Sally were cruel. Apart from this the only thing that stuck out to me was the melanoma in Marion's eye which brings to question the visit to an optometrist when Marion returned to Australia. Could Marion have had a illness she sadly kept from her family. In view of this and any diagnosis would Marion have maybe not really cared by what means she left the country. I think Marion was a law abiding citizen but when people are feeling under pressure they can act irrationally. On the other hand It is not easy to get false travel documents without known contacts.

could the eye issue maybe the reason for the return ? maybe she didn't have travel insurance or this condition wasn't covered ? Would have been good to ask the optometrist what the prognosis's or treatment would have been for this issue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay